Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > Site Related Discussions

Site Related Discussions Have an idea to make the site better? Having problems? Look in here

Old December 17th   #1
odog87
odog87
has no status.

new to huntsville

I moved here at the beginning of December from North Carolina, where I was about to begin major work on my project. I have an expedition that I want to modify. when complete, it will have more in common with a Chevy avalanche (at least on the out side)
At any rate, sense I am now here I need to find some one here to work on my truck. Is there any place near Huntsville that has experience with this level of modification?
odog87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th   #2
Hondub
Hondub
has no status.

Send a message via AIM to Hondub Send a message via Yahoo to Hondub
What type of stuff do you plan on having done? I have a good amount of exper. in custom bodywork, paint, minor interior, and air bag suspensions. Just tell me alittle more about what your looking for.
Hondub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th   #3
odog87
odog87
has no status.

The three most difficult parts of the porject:
1) Cut from the rear windows and roof off, then welding an f-150 rear cab window in place. The result is that my expedition will look similar to a Chevy avalanche, or F-150 crew cab, but with a shorter bed.
2) get the transmission, center column with gear shift, and engine from a '97 ford lightning (same year as my expo). I want this thing to be a manual transmission...
3) replace front bumper/grill with 2003 model front.

I also want to do some more traditional mods as well.
-shave the door handles
-airbag suspension
-suicide rear doors
-custom running boards with exhaust exiting through them

I have a half decent sketch of what I have in mind, send me an email and I will send it to you. That will help better than words.

Also, I have no illusions that this will cost serious money, and take considerable time. It took me three months of searching in North Carolina (Raleih/Durham area) to find some one that was willing to work with me on time and money for this project.
Old December 17th   #4
Hondub
Hondub
has no status.

Send a message via AIM to Hondub Send a message via Yahoo to Hondub
email me at hall185@bellsouth.net
Hondub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th   #5
Nevr2loS10
Nevr2loS10
has no status.

Send a message via AIM to Nevr2loS10
wow dude your lookin to get crazy w/ that project...like the idea though its interesting and not too far fetched...watch out who you take your stuff too around here theres been quite a few places that pop up and brag about awesome work they do and they just steal your money and run cough cough metal works

Body dropped 84 s10 and 20s for sale hit me up if interested
Nevr2loS10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th   #6
racinfast002
racinfast002
ROLL TIDE YALL!

yeah i dont know of ANY intown shop that would be up to that and make it look decent. that engine swap sounds hard enough on its own
1999 F250 Crew Cab Coal Smoker on 37's
1999 Formula Fastech 271
1984 Mustang Hatch Turbo
1984 Harley Davidson Sportster 1000 Ironhead
1969 Chevy pickup the keeper
"Straight tracks are for fast cars. Curvy tracks are for fast drivers."
racinfast002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th   #7
odog87
odog87
has no status.

Well, I plan on doing it in a few stages (mainly to make sure I don't go bankrupt). First the body exterior, Which I think will be hard enough. when I get around to the engine swap (maybe the end of '07) the hard thing will be to fit the clutch mechanism in a cramped engine compartment.
My problem is that I do graphics for a living, so I can think of interesting ideas... but then reality has a way of saying it's not going to work. It feels good to hear a compliment I usually get "your crazy."
Old December 18th   #8
JayMack75
JayMack75
www.showstopperz.net

Send a message via AIM to JayMack75 Send a message via Yahoo to JayMack75
I can tell you exactly who to go to. This guy does amazing work...want proof? Check out this month's cover of Mini Truckin' magazine. Eric Saliba is his name, the number is 931-762-5007. www.friendlychopshop.com is the website. Tell him Jay Mack sent you.