Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > General Discussions

General Discussions When the thread doesn't fit anywhere else...

Old July 22nd   #1
1 BAD Z
1 BAD Z
got'em hatin'

Huntsville area cruise ideas

Well weve talked about doing a cruise within the club and no one has really stepped up to make it happen. i watched superbikes last night and was inspired by the cruise they did

i see it is good to have destinations and times and at the destinations have a place that is ready for you and the cruisers

what does the ppl here think about setting a saturday this fall as a cruise day for the huntsville car scene?

now im not really good at talkin to companies to get them involved but hooters and steak and shake always seem ready to do something along with maybe the sonic in madison

maybe like meet up at the sonic on southparkway for the lacey springs and south huntsville ppl... hangout for a while then cruise up to the hooters on university for the north huntsville and madison ppl... then to the steak and shake in decatur on the second saturday as the final destination and hangout for the night???

something small and easy but you dont just climb in the ring with alli cause you think you can box

ideas, suggestions, interested ppl, jay and samir would be a great two to be the leaders in setting this up since they are known well around and great at organizing stuff

Common sense isn't a common virtue.

Link to the Nissan/Infiniti group page:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/154828527932506/
1 BAD Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd   #2
ITSFAST
ITSFAST
---BAZINGA!

Covered bridge cruise /thread

Even perfect for photo opps, picnics, etc...
That was the best put together cruise from the vette club that I ever attended.

There were a few others I enjoyed that included poker runs and fun runs.

The fun runs would include a scavenger hunt of sorts. Finding specific data from an organized route,[ ie: The phone number to xxx lawn care (maybe a sign on a telephone pole) between mile marker x and xx, or specific fixed items like that]. Things you'd need a copilot for, but nothing so severe it would interfere with the flow of traffic. We did most of these on a back roads cruise and each car would leave in 5-10 minute intervals. Not a race, just fun. We'd meet up at a specific spot (checkpoints) for relaxation and for the next map and item list and the last meeting spot would be dinner. etc...
Old July 23rd   #3
coupemama
coupemama
has no status.

CiCi's on the Beltline in Decatur also has a very large parking lot and tried a few years ago to get something going with the rides. May want to check with them if you need a place with a large parking lot. Marsha
coupemama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd   #4
GetSOM
GetSOM
almost done with rennovations.
Huntsville Car Scene Staff

There is an abandoned pontiac dealership in pulaski from the 60's that would make a great cruise/photo-op.

2002 SOM Camaro SS
GetSOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th   #5
LagoGarda
LagoGarda
is back from trip to Lago Garda.

Scavenger Hunts are great!!!.
A distillery and winery cruise is pretty good if you have a designated driver!
LagoGarda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th   #6
NiTeZ
NiTeZ
7M-GE goes in today! :D

Send a message via Yahoo to NiTeZ
hahahah....yea someone else would deffinantly be driving my car if we done that.
NiTeZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th   #7
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetSOM
There is an abandoned pontiac dealership in pulaski from the 60's that would make a great cruise/photo-op.
I like this idea a lot.
Old July 24th   #8
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTVenom
what does the ppl here think about setting a saturday this fall as a cruise day for the huntsville car scene?
The pre-requisites to this will be money for insurance, dedicated and experienced event organizers, and HCS returning to being at the center of the scene.
Old July 24th   #9
Wilson!
Wilson!
is wishing he was in a kayak on the river...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITSFAST
Covered bridge cruise /thread

this! i want some decent pics of my car by the covered bridge when i getting running.
Wilson! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th   #10
NiTeZ
NiTeZ
7M-GE goes in today! :D

Send a message via Yahoo to NiTeZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samir
The pre-requisites to this will be money for insurance, dedicated and experienced event organizers, and HCS returning to being at the center of the scene.
You know me. I'm in if we can get everything else covered. I'll help ou anyway I can. Phone calls, going to talk to people, ect. I seem to be good at that.
NiTeZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th   #11
firebird girl
firebird girl
has no status.

huntsville cruise in today

great idea lets all go to jacks in huntsville .jordan lane and show some support for someone trying to make it happen.if this is not a successful cruise in .it may be my last.so come on and cruise on down .my marketing team is watching. this could be the best place in town for a huntsville cruise.......
firebird girl is offline   Reply With Quote