Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage

Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage Find, discuss, and see event coverage from the past, present, and future

Ardmore Quarterback Club's 9th Annual Ardmore Car Show
Calendar: Events Calendar
sti2k5
Huntsville Car Scene Staff

August 22nd 10:00 AM to 03:00 PM
*The times shown may change, depending on DST settings
Where: John Barnes City Park 30515 Ardmore Ridge Road Ardmore, Tennessee 38449
Contact: Rodney Willoughby 205-908-2677 or rwilloughby@carolinahandling.com or www.AQBC.net, Sandy Hardiman 256-656-3413, Jerry Petritsch aqbc@mchsi.com

Sponsored by the Ardmore Quarterback Club.

Spectators $3, Active Duty & Retired Military Free.

$25 entry fee ($20 pre-entry) dash plaque, given with each car entry.
cash prizes; over $5,000 in door prizes
plenty of shade & food
all proceeds to Ardmore Athletics

Top 5 by class:
1. Pre '48 Cars
2. Pre '48 Trucks
3. '49-59 Cars
4. '49-59 Trucks
5. '60-79 Cars
6. '60-79 Trucks
7. '80- Cars
8. '80- Trucks
Best of Class presented in each class
Best of Show

All Judging done by contestants.

See vehicles from all over the Southeast. Over 650 entries in 2008, many classes and many awards. $3000 CASH to be given away along with over $5000 in door prizes (tools) to complement. A 50/50 drawing that averages over $1500 to the winner. Concessions available. Plenty of Shade!!!!! Cool tents and Air Conditioned Tents!!!!!!!

Click here to see the gallery. Buy photo prints and gifts!
All proceeds help pay Huntsville Car Scene bills.

It's been a long time since I've been to this show, and boy has it grown. I knew this was going to be a big event and set out early to try to get at least one picture of each car there. Over 800 cars were registered, and I've got 800+ pictures so I think I did it. What surprised me even more was the number of bikes parked outside, so I got shots of them too. They should bring back the bike show that used to be a part of the event if this many bikes ride out.

Special thanks to John and Chris for helping me. I don't think I would have gotten photos of all the cars without their help. (Guys email me when you have a chance and I'll send you some goodies.)

The weather couldn't have been too much nicer. Even though the park seemed crowded, once the cars were gone the park is huge!

Be sure to click on the slideshow to see the videos I shot. There's nothing like hearing these cars and trucks.

Also, I'm not sure how many of you know, but every picture on Huntsville Car Scene can be ordered as a print, a t-shirt, a poster, a coffee mug, a key tag, and more. The revenues from these products go towards Huntsville Car Scene bills. Find something you like and buy it!

It was great to see everyone again, especially those getting awards. See you at the next one. -- Samir
6 members will be attending this event:

There are no replies to show.