Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage

Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage Find, discuss, and see event coverage from the past, present, and future

Southside Baptist Church 3rd Annual Car/Motorcycle Show and Block Party
Calendar: Events Calendar
Samir
Administrator

August 16th 04:00 PM to 07:00 PM
*The times shown may change, depending on DST settings
Where: Southside Baptist Church, 709 9th Street, Decatur, AL
Contact: Justin Larsen 256-466-3443, decaturmopars@gmail.com

From the flyer:

Rain date for this event is Aug 23rd. Show is open to all hotrods, ratrods, classics, aneiques, muscle cars, special interest vehicles, and motorcycles from any year.
  • Free admission
  • Free hotdogs, snacks, and drinks
  • Free hot-air balloon rides
  • Door prizes
  • Live music
  • Local law enforcement/rescue vehicles on display
  • Car club/personal team chili cook off
  • Pinewood derby car fabrication and races
Judged categories
  • Top 3 originals (1900-1985)
  • Top 3 street rods/hot rods/rat rods
  • Top 3 late models (1985-present)
  • Top 3 motorcycles
  • Preachers choice

Click here to see the gallery. Buy photo prints and gifts!
All proceeds help pay Huntsville Car Scene bills.

What a great Sunday to have an event. There was a nice breeze and a nice cloud to shield us from the sun when I got there. And then the warm hot dogs and chili brought on the heat. I tried all 5 chilis, and enjoyed them all. But I must say the winner earned it. Some of the most unique chili I've ever tried.

Oh yeah, and there were quite a few cars there too. With the hard glare of the sun, taking pictures was challenging but fun. The sound of the hot air balloon in the background initially startled me. It sounded like a jet engine burst each time they heated the air.

There's some great videos of the sounds of the cars as well as the balloon, so be sure to click on the slideshow and check them out.

There are no replies to show.