Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage

Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage Find, discuss, and see event coverage from the past, present, and future

Steak-N-Shake Monthly Cruise-In
Calendar: Events Calendar
Samir
Administrator

July 18th 06:00 PM to 09:00 PM
*The times shown may change, depending on DST settings
Where: Steak-N-Shake, corner of Spring Ave and Beltline Rd, Decatur, Alabama
Contact: Justin Larsen, 256-466-3443, decaturmopars.googlepages.com

Event Dates: April 18, 2009 - October 17, 2009

Decatur Mopar Club is hosting a monthly cruise-in with Steak-n-Shake restaurant who gives a 20% discount to car show participants. This is one of the largest cruise-ins in North Alabama, bringing 100+ cars most months. There will be door prizes and oldies music. The cruise-in is on the 3rd Saturday of the month, April through October from 6-9pm. The cruise-in is open to all makes, models, and years.

More information here:
http://decaturmopars.googlepages.com/monthlycruise-in's

Click here to see the gallery. Buy photo prints and gifts!
All proceeds help pay Huntsville Car Scene bills.

I expected this month's cruise-in to be huge because of all the other events going on in the area, and I was right. The parking lot was completely full. It was actually much bigger than I expected. A lot of the cars came from the show in Huntsville earlier in the day, but there were also quite a few Volkswagons from the 2 day show going on at Point Mallard.

I had to charge batteries before I could come to the cruise-in. And even though I thought I would be there just in time, it seems I didn't get there early enough. Daylight ended soon and I didn't have enough available light to take pictures quick enough to get to all the cars. But I did get a few clips of video. Be sure to click on the slideshow to see those.

Remember that this event will not be running next month at Steak and Shake. It will be at the annual Priceville cruise-in, which is really big. Be sure to come out to that one.

There are no replies to show.