Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > General Discussions

General Discussions When the thread doesn't fit anywhere else...

Old October 15th   #1
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Harley-Davidson Discontinues Buell!

Wow, and after they've made a great product:
http://www.buell.com/en_us/q-and-a/index.asp
Old October 16th   #2
Beckham
Beckham
is at our new location in MADISON now!
Huntsville Car Scene Staff and Site Sponsor

Send a message via AIM to Beckham
Meh, they didn't sell all that well. I think they would have done much better if they weren't sold at Harley dealerships. Not really the right demographic to be selling those to..

www.facebook.com/TheSpeakerboxHSV
Beckham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th   #3
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

That's what a lot of the guys have said on the sportbike club email list. It's hard to reach a sportbike demographic in a cruiser dealership.

A lot of them said the handling wasn't up to par with the 600s that are out there, but it was such a unique design. You knew a Buell straight from the get-go with the strange outboard disc brake and the front ferring design.
Old October 16th   #4
Beckham
Beckham
is at our new location in MADISON now!
Huntsville Car Scene Staff and Site Sponsor

Send a message via AIM to Beckham
Faring? The bikes are practically naked haha.

www.facebook.com/TheSpeakerboxHSV
Beckham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th   #5
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Well, the faring/lack of always made them easy to spot. Even the different angle on the rear make them unique. But I think it was a lot of this shaping that didn't make them as strong as a sport bike.
Old March 6th   #6
scarynickname
scarynickname
has no status.

I had a Buell, it was a 1996 S2/T. (T is for touring) It had fairings, hard bags, taller bars and windshield. It needed the bags so I could carry enough tools to keep it running. When I took it in for my first free oilchange at the dealer (in VA) I pulled out and onto the interstate where the filter blew off at about 75/80. I had lots of other problems. The last one was when the rear shock broke and I layed frame at around 60. It had to go, and it did. I'm suprised they lasted as long as they did.
scarynickname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th   #7
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarynickname View Post
I had a Buell, it was a 1996 S2/T. (T is for touring) It had fairings, hard bags, taller bars and windshield. It needed the bags so I could carry enough tools to keep it running. When I took it in for my first free oilchange at the dealer (in VA) I pulled out and onto the interstate where the filter blew off at about 75/80. I had lots of other problems. The last one was when the rear shock broke and I layed frame at around 60. It had to go, and it did. I'm suprised they lasted as long as they did.
Wow, sounds like the HD maintenance reputation came with the financial backing. Glad to hear you're okay from the rear shock breaking. That had to be pretty scary...
Old March 8th   #8
Rotorless7
Rotorless7
has no status.

Poor Buell..... Sucks that just after I bought one they went out. I think I saw some of you guys yesterday when we rode past you on hwy72 on our way to hwy65. Looks like you guys had a decent little group. One of the guys in our group ended up having a bad day on his 600RR
Rotorless7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th   #9
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

I hate to hear that someone had a bad day on one with such nice weather. I hope he was alright.

I'm not sure what group you passed. I heard some cars in the Target area on University right after it got dark, but other than that, I didn't have a chance to even get out. I was too exhausted.
Old March 9th   #10
Rotorless7
Rotorless7
has no status.

He was able to ride the bike home but it was completely trashed. Every piece of plastic either broke off or cracked. The only mark he had was a small scrape on his shin so he was pretty lucky.
Rotorless7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th   #11
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotorless7 View Post
He was able to ride the bike home but it was completely trashed. Every piece of plastic either broke off or cracked. The only mark he had was a small scrape on his shin so he was pretty lucky.
That's quite lucky. Most bike accidents aren't so fortunate. Glad to hear he was okay.