Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage

Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage Find, discuss, and see event coverage from the past, present, and future

Out and About
Calendar: Events Calendar
Samir
Administrator

October 25th 12:00 PM to 09:00 PM
*The times shown may change, depending on DST settings
Where: Be at Ditto Landing by 12:30
Contact: Anthony 256-682-6115, Samir 615-512-5520, Beck 256-412-1314

It's too beautiful of a Sunday, so I mentioned to Anthony that we should just cruise around Huntsville all day and take photos of our cars at different spots. He said it was a great idea and that he knows a bunch of 350z people that would love to come. So he's been calling a bunch of people and so have Beck and myself.

Get up! It's a beautiful Sunday for a drive, so why not join us if you're out? We plan to start at Ditto Landing at 12:30p so be there by then if you can. If not, call one of us and meet us as we're around Huntsville.

Click here to see the gallery. Buy photo prints and gifts!
All proceeds help pay Huntsville Car Scene bills.

What a great day. I should've known it was going to be a great day when I met the really cool guy who just moved here with his rat rod. I hope he meets up with the local Poor Boys chapter and joins in. His car was pretty sweet.

I arrived around 1:30pm at Ditto landing to the sounds of "what took you so long?" and "where you been" and "you didn't wash the car?". Yeah guys, kinda hard to do that when making phone calls to people to bring them out.

We didn't see the sign that said "no motor vehicles past this point" until we had already been shooting the 350z's on the grass for about 20 minutes. As we were taking the cars off the grass, a Ditto Landing employee asked if we could park on the other side where there's some great photo opps by the bridge and river. There was a party at the pavilion and they definitely needed the parking. The Ditto Landing guy quickly posed for a picture and we continued our shoot at Ditto Landing on the other side. By the time we were done with that, we were hungry. I talked to a friend of mine at the restaurant Tokyo in the morning and he said we should swing by for lunch. He was pretty upset he couldn't come out with us in his Porsche 997 Turbo. We were too.

But first, we took a drive up Bankhead and over to the scenic overlook off Governors Drive for some more photos. Then down Governors to Tokyo via University drive. All day long, we felt like we were in a parade, with people stopping what they were doing just to look and hear the line of machines as they whizzed past them. The police were also actively patrolling, and previously had followed us completely out of Ditto Landing and onto the Parkway.

After we ate, we were recharged and there was still sunlight. So we went to the top of the newest UAH parking garage. The noise we made going up to the top definitely set a time limit on how much time we would have. I was expecting about five minutes. And precisely seven minutes later, a UAH patrol car comes up to the top. He then proceeded to turn around and start to go back down.

Someone shouted, "see if he'll turn on his lights behind us." So I waved to the officer and he turned toward me. The first words out of his mouth were, "if you guys are selling the cars, I can't afford any." I laughed and then asked him if it was possible for him to park behind the line of cars and turn on his light like he pulled us over. To my surprise, he said "sure." Just as we thought our third photo shoot for the day was over, it just begun.

After a few minutes the officer moves his car and comes over towards me. I was expecting him to tell me how he has to go, but instead he asked me the most surprising question I've ever heard, "The strobe lights don't turn out too good in photographs. You want me to go get the Charger? It's got the blue LEDs." With a huge grin on my face and a shock that must have been evident in my eyes, I quickly said yes. Everyone was clamoring to hear what he had said and we all smiled and laughed with thrilled excitement. All of us stood quietly and even listened for the Charger. And once it was in place, everyone was taking pictures in a frenzy with what in my opinion is the coolest officer on Earth.

The sun was setting and we still weren't feeling like ending the day, so we decided to head to Providence to park in the street parking and take photos. But before that, looked like our cars had gotten hungry. We needed fuel.

So on the way to Providence, we stopped at the Chevron at the corner of Old Monrovia and University. Instantly, we turned the Chevron into a car show while we fueled up. A routine fill up turned into photo stop number four.

And I guess that was a prelude of things to come at our destination in Providence--when we got there, all the street parking was taken up. We got a bit split up in the Providence confusion of "where to go now" and got fractured into three different groups--one at Providence, one at Best Buy, and one at Bridge Street. We also lost a few more from our group, as it had gotten dark by now.

We all decided to meet at Bridge Street, which was our final destination for the day and final shooting location. While talking at Bridge Street, some more enthusiasts found us--one in particular having a very clean Civic with an h22 swap complete with AC.

As the day rolled on and we went from one spot to another, people went home and the group would decrease in size, but the fun was still there. If you missed this, you missed a great day out with a bunch of great car enthusiasts. If I called you and you didn't come, you're kicking yourself already so I won't say anything.

This was a fun informal photo cruise. Once Huntsville Car Scene can afford event insurance, we'll have to bring back the annual photo cruise. Special thanks to Anthony for turning what was originally just going to be me going for a drive by myself, to something that everyone enjoyed.

Old October 25th   #2
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Posted a casting call, so maybe some local talent might come shoot with us:
http://www.modelmayhem.com/casting.php?ccid=580803
Old October 25th   #3
Beckham
Beckham
is at our new location in MADISON now!
Huntsville Car Scene Staff and Site Sponsor

Send a message via AIM to Beckham
Awesome time today! Can't wait to see the pics/vids!

www.facebook.com/TheSpeakerboxHSV
Beckham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th   #4
uah350z
uah350z
has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beckham View Post
Awesome time today! Can't wait to see the pics/vids!
+1 today was awesome..esp the weather! cant wait to see all the pics!
uah350z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th   #5
EvilZ
EvilZ
is around.

that was fun stuff, we need to do it again soon. nice to meet everyone.
EvilZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th   #6
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

This was one of the most fun impromptu car things I've done in the last few years. Thank you to all that came out.

I still can't believe that officer at UAH went back and got the Charger. That's the most awesome thing I've ever seen an officer do.
Old October 25th   #7
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Pics and vids are heavy. One memory card on one camera came out to 2.75gb. I probably shot 5gb today.

That's about 5 hours upload time from Madison or 15 hours from Athens. I'm in Athens, but I'll probably head to Madison again tonight just to set the upload.
Old October 25th   #8
sti2k5
sti2k5
has no status.
Huntsville Car Scene Staff

very fun...very fun...

My pics came out quite nasty...but here they be!

Old October 25th   #9
1 BAD Z
1 BAD Z
got'em hatin'

beautiful guys... im mad i missed this one... looked like a lotta fun

samir, heather models on cars... sexy, skimpy, classy... whatever you or the driver wants... hit me up if you wanna see some pics of her modeling, im sure she would love to model with you sometime... im wanting some done when i get the cobra painted in the spring

Common sense isn't a common virtue.

Link to the Nissan/Infiniti group page:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/154828527932506/
1 BAD Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th   #10
Beckham
Beckham

Some 350z pics:

Shot by: Emmaly Frank

Old October 26th   #11
Munchie
Munchie
is purging all the poo out of his life!

Send a message via AIM to Munchie
I will get a link to all my pictures up soon. Had a great time hanging out with old and new friends. Sorry I couldn't go to all the other spots, but family duties come first!lol I will post up some of my favorites here in a little while.
04 Chevy Trailblazer EXT-family ride
06 Joyner 650 Sand Spider-The Buggy
68 VW Rail Buggy-CNC rail conversion 44" Rear Paddles
85 19ft Bayliner Capri
Munchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th   #12
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sti2k5 View Post
very fun...very fun...

My pics came out quite nasty...but here they be!
Great pics! I don't know why you didn't ask me for a camera and I didn't think to give you one. My Olympus e-20n never left its case the whole day.
Old October 26th   #13
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTVenom View Post
beautiful guys... im mad i missed this one... looked like a lotta fun
I should've called you. I'm adding you to my mental call list.

Quote:
samir, heather models on cars... sexy, skimpy, classy... whatever you or the driver wants... hit me up if you wanna see some pics of her modeling, im sure she would love to model with you sometime... im wanting some done when i get the cobra painted in the spring
You definitely need to bring her when you come out the next time this happens. I think she would have had an absolute blast.

Let me know when you want to schedule a shoot once the cobra is painted. I've already got one shoot with a Mustang in the works.
Old October 26th   #14
1 BAD Z
1 BAD Z
got'em hatin'

you need a "pm" feature on here cause i dont just wanna give out my email or phone number lol... of course most on here ive seen i wouldnt care if they had it cause they all seem cool but yeah lol

we will figure that out and then you can hit me up when you need a model and wanna use her!!!

and we love mustang shoots make sure to post those also lol

Common sense isn't a common virtue.

Link to the Nissan/Infiniti group page:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/154828527932506/
1 BAD Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th   #15
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
you need a "pm" feature on here...
It's coming...

Quote:
i dont just wanna give out my email or phone number
I already have those. Remember that form that asked you for your name/number when you registered? That's why I made that.

And don't worry, I'm the only one with access to the info, and my number is publicly posted so you can call me and complain if you think I gave your number to someone.

Quote:
we will figure that out and then you can hit me up when you need a model and wanna use her!!!

and we love mustang shoots make sure to post those also lol
When I get a chance to get out and get the shoots done, you'll definitely see them here.
Old October 26th   #16
Munchie
Munchie

Here you go Samir!lol I made sure I didnt get your cars front bumper so that people didnt see the bug farm on the front!

Here is a Link to the rest of my pictures if you guys want them. Let me know if you like any of them.
85 19ft Bayliner Capri

Last edited by Munchie; October 26th at 02:00 PM.
Old October 26th   #17
Beckham
Beckham

Those look awesome, Munchie! Where's the link, though? Haha

Old October 26th   #18
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchie View Post
Here you go Samir!lol I made sure I didnt get your cars front bumper so that people didnt see the bug farm on the front!
Thank you Munchie!

You know, I never saw that angle on my own car, and both you and sti2k5 saw it. It would have made such a great silhouette shot with the metering set to everything but the center with a center focus. Probably would've needed a higher f-stop too like 6.3 or 8.0 too. Would've been a perfect job for my Olympus. It can hit f11.

"Samir stops rambling about possible photos and gets back to working on the ones that were taken."
Old October 26th   #19
Munchie
Munchie

Holy crap I just realized that I didn't post the link!lol Thanks Beck for pointing that one out.
http://s21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...ing%20Oct2009/
85 19ft Bayliner Capri
Old October 26th   #20
Beckham
Beckham

Your account is password protected, Munchie!