Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage

Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage Find, discuss, and see event coverage from the past, present, and future

CBI Performance Swap Meet and Car Corral
Calendar: Events Calendar
CBI PERFORMANCE  
January 30th 07:00 AM to 03:00 PM
*The times shown may change, depending on DST settings
Where: CBI Performance Warehouse, 13750 Mooresville Road, Athens, AL 35613

We will be holding our Indoor Automotive Swap Meet and Outdoor Car Corral, January 30, 2010, 7A-3P.

Clean out your garage and turn those parts into money.
One manís junk is another manís treasure.
No amount too large or too small.
The only requirement is that it is automotive related.
General Admission $5.

Call for more info or to reserve your space(s).
Vendor setup is Friday 2P-8P.
Concessions available.

CBI Performance Warehouse
13750 Mooresville Road
Athens, Al 35613
256-233-8602
www.cbiperformance.com

Click here to see the gallery. Buy photo prints and gifts!
All proceeds help pay Huntsville Car Scene bills.

CBI's first ever swap meet was a great one with people setting up late in the evening and early morning to avoid the cold weather. Misty and I were joking about how you can predict snow based on CBI's events as the open house also had a threat of bad weather.

But like the open house, the weather couldn't keep people away. A good crowd came to peruse the diamonds in the rough that were all over the place. I saw a factory Chevy performance intake that I was told is a pretty rare item. I took a picture of the part number for anyone that's interested. There was also an ancient battery charger for cheap that still worked! And I've never seen so many old license plates with identical numbers. You don't see many 1947 plates in duplicate.

And there were things for everyone. I even found a whole box of service manuals for British cars and a pristine 1979 Honda Civic Factory Service Manual for less than you could get it in 1979. Special thanks to the vendor for letting me look through an antique Buick sales training manual. It was amazing to see how many things haven't changed on a car in 50 years.

The food was warm as so was the venue thanks to the heater. A stark contrast to the cold wet outdoors. If you couldn't make it out, look through the pictures as I got a lot of the phone numbers of the vendors. And if you missed it this time around, there's another swap meet planned for April 10th. See you at the next one.
9 members will be attending this event:

Old January 11th   #2
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Thank you for posting! I'll definitely try to make it.
Old January 12th   #3
twisted metal
twisted metal
rust is a color.

i think it is great ,a local swap meet less than 20 min. from my house. thanks C.B.I.
twisted metal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th   #4
CBI PERFORMANCE
CBI PERFORMANCE
has no status.

http://www.cbiperformance.com/images...wap_Meet_1.pdf

Last edited by Samir; January 12th at 01:00 PM. Reason: changed img code to url
CBI PERFORMANCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th   #5
CBI PERFORMANCE
CBI PERFORMANCE
has no status.

Thanks for the help and the calls coupemama . We look forward to seeing you.
Old January 25th   #6
CBI PERFORMANCE
CBI PERFORMANCE
has no status.

Talking January Swap Meet This Saturday!!!!

Just a reminder that our first indoor swap meet will be this Saturday (Rain, Shine, Sleet, or Snow!). We have about 15-20 indoor spaces remaining and about half of those are single spots and about half are double spots. So, if you are looking to get a double, please call as soon as possible. The outdoor spots in the car corral are first come-first serve. It looks like we are going to have a great turnout for out first event.

If you aren't able to make it to this one, we have already locked in the date April 10, 2010 for our 2nd swap meet.
Old January 29th   #7
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBI PERFORMANCE View Post
...this Saturday (Rain, Shine, Sleet, or Snow!).
Sounds like the weather forecast for Saturday, lol. I'll be driving a car with ABS really, really slowly to get there.
Old January 29th   #8
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

And the event is still going on, strong.

I just got off the phone with Misty at CBI, and she said that almost all the 70 vendor spots are already occupied. The vendors are setting up right now ahead of the bad weather. Being indoors, the only thing the weather is going to affect is the commute.

The swap meet runs well into the afternoon, so drive slow, take the 4wd, and take your time getting there. With so many vendors, I think there will be plenty of great finds for everyone.
Old January 29th   #9
twisted metal
twisted metal
rust is a color.

even the car show in dec. there was ice on the back roads.but we still made the trip.cant stop a gearhead from a swap meet or a show.
Old January 29th   #10
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Something tells me the weather will be worse this month than last. There's already snow falling pretty hard just a few miles from CBI. And this is over the layer of sleet that fell earlier.

It takes me usually 5 minutes to get to CBI from where I'm at right now. I'm planning for an hour commute tomorrow.
Old January 29th   #11
twisted metal
twisted metal
rust is a color.

i am glad i have got a wheel drive,looks like i might need it saturday.
Old January 29th   #12
CBI PERFORMANCE
CBI PERFORMANCE
has no status.

Cbi swap meet

The swap meet for Sat. Jan. 30 is still a GO. (Rain, Shine, Sleet, and/or Snow ) The building is warm and toasty. We have alot of vendors set up now, setup will continue til 8PM tonight. Vendors may start set up in the morning at 5AM, the doors will open for general admission at 7AM. Set your alarm, dress warm, drive slow and head this way. We will have hot, fresh Hardee's biscuits after 6AM
Old January 29th   #13
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBI PERFORMANCE View Post
We will have hot, fresh Hardee's biscuits after 6AM
That will do it for me! I'll be sleeping early tonight.
Old January 29th   #14
CBI PERFORMANCE
CBI PERFORMANCE
has no status.

Just back from the last of the swap meet vendor setups for tonight. There is a ton of great stuff. Vintage wheels, pedal cars, old tags, carbs, intakes, magazines, beadlock rims, drag slicks and rims, pistons, crankshafts, demon carbs, starters, small 4 wheeler, trim parts, tail lights, axles, parachutes w/ launchers, racepak, exhaust manifolds, headers, step headers, collectors, Hilborn stack injectors, shorty p/g transmissions, consoles, torque converters, owner's manuals, LS1, SBC, Mustang Parts, shifters, tool boxes, mini starters, throttle stops, rockers arms, lifters, hood scoops, off-shore boat and round track motors, sheet metal parts, and more. I think alot more will show up in the morning since it is now looking like we missed out on the bad weather.
Old January 29th   #15
CBI PERFORMANCE
CBI PERFORMANCE
has no status.

Just back from the last of the swap meet vendor setups for tonight. There is a ton of great stuff. Vintage wheels, pedal cars, old tags, carbs, intakes, magazines, beadlock rims, drag slicks and rims, pistons, crankshafts, demon carbs, starters, small 4 wheeler, trim parts, tail lights, axles, parachutes w/ launchers, racepak, exhaust manifolds, headers, step headers, collectors, Hilborn stack injectors, shorty p/g transmissions, consoles, torque converters, owner's manuals, LS1, SBC, Mustang Parts, shifters, tool boxes, mini starters, throttle stops, rockers arms, lifters, hood scoops, off-shore boat and round track motors, sheet metal parts, and more. I think alot more will show up in the morning since it is now looking like we missed out on the bad weather.
Old January 30th   #16
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Sounds like it should be a great day for a swap meet. My cars are no longer covered in snow. I had to battle a website issue this morning, but I'm on my way!
Old January 31st   #17
coupemama
coupemama
has no status.

Hope that this swap meet was a success. Sorry we missed, but Chip's spent the weekend in the shop priming & painting another ride which we hope to have on the road before the cruise-ins start back up. Marsha
1969 Ford Mustang 428 Cobra Jet
and for fun:
2016 Polaris Slingshot
http://noalcarcalendar.mysite.com/
coupemama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st   #18
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

It was great for a first time event with the not so great weather. The April one should be quite good, assuming the weather cooperates. Misty and I have been joking that there may be snow in April.
Old February 1st   #19
coupemama
coupemama
has no status.

In April you are getting into the car shows and cruise-ins time. Just a thought. Marsha
coupemama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st   #20
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by coupemama View Post
In April you are getting into the car shows and cruise-ins time. Just a thought. Marsha
That was something I brought up as well when we were talking about the event. Misty checked all the various calendars that had events prior to choosing the date, so the date is as non-conflicting as possible. We know how everything changes and how packed the warmer months are, so we'll see what else ends up being scheduled on the same day.