Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage

Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage Find, discuss, and see event coverage from the past, present, and future

PBK Presents 1ST Annual Cruisin’ for St. Jude Car Show
Calendar: Events Calendar
gotti_on_24s  
July 31st 09:00 AM to 06:00 PM
*The times shown may change, depending on DST settings
Where: Jaycee Community Fairgrounds Facility located at 2180 Airport Road in Huntsville, AL 35801

Cruisin’ for St. Jude Car Show

This year Phat Baby Kustumz (PBK) will be hosting our 1ST Annual Cruisin’ for St. Jude Car Show. The show will be held July 31, 2010 at the Jaycee Community Fairgrounds Facility located at 2180 Airport Road in Huntsville, AL 35801.

Proceeds from this show will be donated to the St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital. St. Jude is a nonprofit organization that provides free medical treatment to children with cancer and other catastrophic diseases.
Admission to the general public is free, so please come out and support this great cause. In addition to the car show, there will be a MECA sound competition and lots of food, fun and prizes. There will also be various vendors on site selling goods & services, and for those of you who feel up to the challenge, Life South will be on site to take blood donations.

Registration fee for car show participants is $20. Scroll to the bottom of this page for Class Definitions. 1st, 2nd and 3rd place awards will be awarded in the following classes:

Domestic Car (Mild & Wild) - Import Car (Mild & Wild) - Truck (Mild & Wild) -
SUV / Van - Motorcycle / ATV - Vintage
Specialty Trophies: Best of Show, Club Participation & Sponsor Awards

Registration fee(s) for audio contest participants are $25 for each event: SPL, SQL, Install and DBSPL. The RTA Freq Out registration fee is $15. Additional runs will be $5 each. MECA members receive a $5 discount on each audio contest. This is a 2X Double Points Sanctioned Event. Points earned count towards State Championship Points Qualifying. The 2010 MECA rules apply.

Registration and Cliniques will begin at 9 a.m. Registration closes at 11 a.m. Judging will begin at 11 a.m. Awards will be awarded around 5 p.m.

Sponsorship

We have 3 levels of sponsorship for this event:

Platinum: ($150) This level includes you or your business being listed on publications related to this event, a hyperlink on our Sponsorship web page to your web site, name printed on the event T-shirt, presenting a trophy to the show participant of your choice and booth space.
Gold: ($100) This level includes you or your business being printed on the event T-shirt, presenting a trophy to the show participant of your choice and booth space.
Silver: ($50) This level includes you or your business being printed on the event T-shirt.

Vendor

If you wish to be a vendor for this event the cost is $50 for 10 x 10 booth spaces. If you require additional booth space, please let us know ahead of time so that cost and arrangements can be made. We will not provide water or electricity to vendors, so if you require these items please make arrangements. All vendors are responsible for purchasing the necessary business or special event licenses that are required by the city or state law. Purchase of any license shall be transacted through the City of Huntsville Clerk Treasures office, 3rd floor of the Municipal Complex, 308 Fountain Circle, Huntsville, AL. Questions concerning licenses requirements and fees should be directed to the Clerk's office (256) 427-5093.

This is a family event so the sale of alcohol or weapons will not be permitted.

If you are interested in being a sponsor or vendor for this event, please contact either:

Antonio “Gotti” Reeves - (256) 337-8315 or Randy “Randy B” Bafford - (256) 656-1087

Click here to see the gallery. Buy photo prints and gifts!
All proceeds help pay Huntsville Car Scene bills.

A hot day greeted attendees out at the old airport. The sound competition had one of the largest turnouts I've ever seen. A good number of people came out from all over in the heat to support the cause.

HDP 7 brought out his beautiful rx-7, Outlaw77lt brought out a classic Camaro and some friends including Zachs Bank. Travis brought out his clean BMW and supported Huntsville Car Scene by purchasing some vinyl clings for his rear windows. Thank you Travis! Kara even stopped by along with mattdtuck as well as a few other friends. And I shot a few different types of pictures until the heat of the day got to me. Enjoy! See everyone next time. -- Samir
4 members will be attending this event:

Old March 11th   #2
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Thank you for the post!
Old July 16th   #3
gotti_on_24s
gotti_on_24s
has no status.

Reminder

Please don't forget to come out and help us raise money for St. Judes Children's Research Hospital. St. Judes provides free medical care to children with life threatening illnesses. This could not be possible without donations from caring individuals like yourselves.

Will Walker of Merdianville, AL is one of those children. He is battling leukemia. Please come out and support this great cause. This money will be used to continue to research for cures and treat other children like Will.

I know the users and visitors to this site have a heart. Prove it by joining us on July 31, 2010 @ the Jaycee's Fairground. Together we can help in the fight against childhood diseases. You would be surprised how a little support can make such a big difference in a child's life.

I hope to see you ALL there.
Old July 16th   #4
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

How could anyone not come out to an event that benefits people right here in Huntsville? I'll be there. But I hope you have shade for everyone because from 11am to 5pm will be a long hot day.
Old July 16th   #5
gotti_on_24s
gotti_on_24s
has no status.

Thanks for Your Support

I knew I could count on you. I've ordered a 10 x 20 Soundstream tent to keep some of us out of the direct sunlight. I'll also have my huge fan close by. LOL You are welcome to try and beat the heat and hang out with us under the tent.

For the brave souls that feel up to it... the Life South Blood Mobile will be there taking blood donations. On a more painless note, we will also be screening for possible bone marrow donors. The process itself is really simple and doesn't take long. Just 4 swabs on different locations inside your mouth.

Thanks again for your support.
Old July 16th   #6
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotti_on_24s View Post
On a more painless note, we will also be screening for possible bone marrow donors. The process itself is really simple and doesn't take long. Just 4 swabs on different locations inside your mouth.
Remind me to do this. I do have a fairly rare blood type, but I won't be up to donate that. Maybe my marrow might be rare and help someone.
Old July 16th   #7
Outlaw77lt
Outlaw77lt
is looking for an s10 or '82-92 camaro body

Will there be enough space to set up a 10x10 canopy behind the cars? No big deal if its not, just would help.
Outlaw77lt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th   #8
1 BAD Z
1 BAD Z
got'em hatin'

well i was gonna go to the hooters show but id rather benefit this hospital then someones pocket so i should be able to come to this... hope it helps many kids!!

Common sense isn't a common virtue.

Link to the Nissan/Infiniti group page:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/154828527932506/
1 BAD Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th   #9
gotti_on_24s
gotti_on_24s
has no status.

There is plenty of space. Try and get there as early as possible, so that you get a good spot. Thanks for your support.
Old July 20th   #10
gotti_on_24s
gotti_on_24s
has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prelude2nr View Post
well i was gonna go to the hooters show but id rather benefit this hospital then someones pocket so i should be able to come to this... hope it helps many kids!!
Thanks for your support.
Old July 28th   #11
gotti_on_24s
gotti_on_24s
has no status.

Show Update

I've had several vendors confirm for the show. We should have plenty of hot dogs, hamburgers, chicken, drinks, snow cones, funnel cakes .... I'm getting hungry just thinking about it.

We will also have vendors selling t-shirts, hats, artwork and other goods. If anyone wants to be a vendor, we still have spots left.
Old July 29th   #12
gotti_on_24s
gotti_on_24s
has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlaw77lt View Post
Will there be enough space to set up a 10x10 canopy behind the cars? No big deal if its not, just would help.
Do you have an update on how many spaces you need for additional cars?
Old July 29th   #13
EvilZ
EvilZ
is around.

If I show up it'll prolly be just to give blood. Been meaning to do that for a while.
EvilZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th   #14
gotti_on_24s
gotti_on_24s
has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayDM View Post
If I show up it'll prolly be just to give blood. Been meaning to do that for a while.
I spoke with Life South. They will arrive around noon.
Old July 30th   #15
Outlaw77lt
Outlaw77lt

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotti_on_24s View Post
Do you have an update on how many spaces you need for additional cars?
I'll know by this afternoon, thanks man!
Old July 30th   #16
gotti_on_24s
gotti_on_24s
has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlaw77lt View Post
I'll know by this afternoon, thanks man!
No problem. I look forward to hearing from you.

I don't know if you've been following Will's story or not, but he has had an excellent check-up at St. Judes this week. His cancer count is down to 0.1% and they are preparing him for his bone marrow transplant. They finally found a donor and the procedure is scheduled for 9/8/10.

Keep praying for Will, and thanks for supporting St. Judes.
Old July 30th   #17
gotti_on_24s
gotti_on_24s
has no status.

Definition of Car Show Classes

Someone called and asked me about classes. Here is how we will be classing vehicles.

Domestic Car Mild

Manufacturers: Dodge, Chrysler, Plymouth, Chevy, GM, Pontiac, Buick, Oldsmobile, Ford, Lincoln, Mercury, or any vehicle produced in the United States.

Modifications Allowed:

Aftermarket paint

Rims and Tires (without suspension or body modifications in order to house them)

Body Kits (as long as it was an original item from the manufacturer)

Engine Modifications or Swaps (as long as no body modifications are required to house said engine or modifications)

Interior Modifications (limited to seat replacement or recovering as long as it is a cloth type recovering or replacement & interior panels may be replaced or painted as long as fiberglass or body fillers are not used for over 25% of the interior)

Domestic Car Wild

Manufacturers: SAME AS ABOVE

Modifications Allowed: OPEN

Import Car Mild

Manufacturers: Acura, Honda, Infiniti, Nissan, Lexus, Toyota, Volkswagen, or any other manufacturer outside the United States

Modifications Allowed: SAME AS DOMESTIC MILD

Import Car Wild

Truck Mild

Manufacturers: Any vehicle listed as a pick up including Chevy Avalanche, Honda Ridgeline, and Ford Explorer Sport Trac

Modifications Allowed: SAME AS DOMESTIC MILD

Frame C Notching is not allowed in Mild

Truck Wild

SUV / Van

Manufacturers: Any vehicle listed as a SUV or Van including Crossover vehicles such as Ford Edge.

Motorcycle / ATV

Manufacturers: Any vehicle listed as a Motorcycle or ATV.

Old July 30th   #18
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Thank you for posting details on the classing. It's great to have this type of detail before the event.
Old July 30th   #19
gotti_on_24s
gotti_on_24s
has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samir View Post
Thank you for posting details on the classing. It's great to have this type of detail before the event.
No problem. I just realized that it wasn't on the original. I thought it was because it's on the one on my website. I guess I'm getting too old to remember everything.
Old July 30th   #20
Outlaw77lt
Outlaw77lt

I'll need 4 spots. We'll be there about 8:30. Thanks for helping me out.