Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage

Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage Find, discuss, and see event coverage from the past, present, and future

5th Annual Just Kruzin' for the Boy's Ranch Fundraiser Car Show
Calendar: Events Calendar
dfriend  
September 4th 09:00 AM to 03:00 PM
*The times shown may change, depending on DST settings
Where: 165 Ranch Circle, Danville, Alabama (off Kirby Bridge Road)
Contact: Deb Friend 256-652-8241, Keith Friend 256-227-9572, Wonnie Fisher 256-426-0939, Phillip Stringer 256-345-5920, Jerry Neal Ranch Director 256-773-9246, alagal43@yahoo.com, www.justkruzinofnorthalabama.zoomshare.com

From the website:

"We are happy to announce that the 5th Annual Just Kruzin' for the Boy's Ranch Fundraiser Show will be on September 4th, 2010. It will be open to "Anything that ROLLS". So bring your favorite vehicle, motorcycle or tractor!!!!

Registration will be from 9am to 1pm with activities finalizing by 3pm. It will be $25 for each item registered. Each house will pick their favorite for a Trophy. We will have oldies music, good food, door prizes, 50/50 drawing and a $1000 money tree. There is plenty of shade for everyone."

From the flyer:

"Open to anything that 'ROLLS'--Cars, Trucks, Motorcycles, Tractors, whatever. Registration is $25 per vehicle and ends at 1pm. Registration is tax deductible. Plenty of shade for everyone."

In addition to the show, there will be oldies music, good food, door prizes, 50/50 drawing and $1000 money tree. All proceeds from this show will be going to the Boys Ranch.

The Ranch Mission:
The mission of the Alabama Sheriffs' Youth Ranches is to provide Christian, family-style residential homes for Alabama's needy, neglected, or abused, school-age children in an atmosphere where they may grow spiritually and physically into productive, responsible, and happy adults. The Ranch is a charitable, nonprofit organization that relies totally on donations from concerned individuals, churches, civic clubs, corporations and foundations.

This has always been a great event for a great cause. Come out and enjoy the atmosphere of the event and meet some of the great kids that call this ranch home.

Click here to see the gallery. Buy photo prints and gifts!
All proceeds help pay Huntsville Car Scene bills.

It had been quite a few years since I had been to this event, and it was as good as ever. I arrived right around registration cutoff, but apparently missed a few that had left early because I passed them coming to the event. Nevertheless, a good 100+ cars came out to support the ranch and all they do. In fact, one of the families that brought a car to show had a son that stayed at the ranch for a while. And they can attest to how beneficial it was to their life and that of their son.

The event closed a bit sooner than I expected, so I had to rush to grab photos of half of the cars. But I still got a good shot of Marsha (coupemama) posing for the camera.

On the way out, the cheering of 'burnout! burnout!' by the kids influenced some vehicle owners to show them what these cars were built for, although a few got a bit too overzealous in my opinion--burnout like the dragstrip, sure; launch like at the drag strip, different story. All in all, it was fun and made for some fun video clips showcasing the power of the cars. I even got a shot of a a really nice looking sportbike right before he sped off as I headed on 565 towards Danville. This day was a day to be out driving and riding, that's for sure. See everyone next year!

Old March 11th   #2
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Thank you for the post!
Old July 12th   #3
coupemama
coupemama
has no status.

This is a great event for a great cause. The location has lots of trees & shade. Very relaxing. No matter where you are coming from, the cruise to the Ranch is a very nice one. So get your club members or other car friends together, meet and cruise to the event together. See you there, Marsha
coupemama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th   #4
coupemama
coupemama
has no status.

Reminder post. It is fun to get a group together and cruise to an event. This is a nice location to cruise to and from. Marsha
Old August 28th   #5
coupemama
coupemama
has no status.

bumping this up as a reminder for next weekend

Samir, will you be there?

Looking forward to good weather & temperatures.
Old August 29th   #6
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

I have no idea what next weekend looks like yet. I'm still recovering from this one.
Old August 30th   #7
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Looks like the Athens Eagle Wings will be riding out to the event departing from the I-65 Shell in Athens at 8am.
Old August 30th   #8
LastChance
LastChance

A bunch of us from Ardmore are coming down. Never been but always heard great things about it. We will probably hit Athens on the way back.
LastChance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd   #9
lilhotrod96
lilhotrod96
prefers going to the gym

Robbie and I will be there
lilhotrod96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd   #10
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilhotrod96 View Post
Robbie and I will be there
And so will I. I think there's going to be a lot of people there. Almost everyone I've talked to has been talking about going.
Old September 3rd   #11
coupemama
coupemama
has no status.

I do hope to see lots of rides and friends at the Ranch on Saturday.
Old September 3rd   #12
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by coupemama View Post
I do hope to see lots of rides and friends at the Ranch on Saturday.
I think you will. The kids are really going to love it!

Last edited by Samir; September 3rd at 09:35 AM.
Samir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th   #13
coupemama
coupemama
has no status.

Well, not as large as we were hoping. I heard car number 91 called for door prizes. So not too bad. The temperature was perfect. With all the shade, no need for tents. All that were there seemed to have a good, relaxing time. Good food; good music; lots of door prizes; money; and a 42" TV. I have downloaded some photos to the car calendar web site below. And Samir was there with lots more photos to come. Marsha
1969 Ford Mustang 428 Cobra Jet
and for fun:
2016 Polaris Slingshot
http://noalcarcalendar.mysite.com/
Old September 4th   #14
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

I asked at the registration when I got there and they said there were over 100. I guess I'll see when I get the photos uploaded. With 3 pictures per car, I can quickly find out a pretty close estimate.
Old September 5th   #15
coupemama
coupemama
has no status.

Keep in mind that there were a handful that left before you arrived. Sorry that we were not able to visit a bit. Know that you were on the run!
Old September 5th   #16
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

I know. I saw them on my way in. I was trying to figure out why they left. It wasn't hot. The drawings weren't done. Even registration wasn't closed. You know how rushed I can get at these things, so it's all good. We had enough fun just taking that one picture.
Old October 22nd   #17
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Well, it looks like this year's event wasn't enough.

From the Vets with Vettes email list:
"And a note received from Brad Thompson as recorded in the Hartselle Enquirer, the Alabama Sheriff's Youth Ranch in Danville will be closing down. As of November 15, 2010, the Ranch will be closed.

Here's the link:
http://www.hartselleenquirer.com/201...anch-to-close/"

This is unfortunate as the Ranch has helped a lot of youth get back on their feet.
Old October 22nd   #18
coupemama
coupemama
has no status.

Yes, it is sad. We have supported the Ranch for many years. But evidently the Ranch is in need and just not enough funds and/or supporters in recent years.