Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage

Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage Find, discuss, and see event coverage from the past, present, and future

Steak-N-Shake And Arby's Monthly Cruise-In
Calendar: Events Calendar
Samir
Administrator

September 1st to October 31st 06:00 PM to 09:00 PM
*The times shown may change, depending on DST settings
Where: Steak-N-Shake, corner of Spring Ave and Beltline Rd, Decatur, Alabama

This is one of the biggest local cruise-ins. Registration is free and is open to cars, trucks, bikes, and vans of any make and model. There's music and prizes, and Arby's and Steak and Shake give participants various specials each month. Everyone has a good time.

And as in the past, there will not be an event in August in order to allow everyone to go to Priceville's annual show.

Old June 18th   #2
coupemama
coupemama
has no status.

With all that is happening on the 19th, do not forget Decatur Steak 'n Shake from 6 pm to 9 pm. Open to all, large paved and well-lighted parking lot, food discounts, music, and door prizes. Hope to see many of you there. Thanks, Marsha
coupemama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th   #3
1 BAD Z
1 BAD Z
got'em hatin'

been once and this cruise in is awesome!

Common sense isn't a common virtue.

Link to the Nissan/Infiniti group page:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/154828527932506/
1 BAD Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th   #4
coupemama
coupemama
has no status.

on another site from Samir: "Oh the definition of a cruise-in is whatever you want it to be. For me, it's the registration cost vs none. For some, it's the time of day. For others, it's trophies versus door prizes. There's no definition set in stone that I know of."

I have been attending cruise-ins since the 70s. A cruise-in is exactly that. Cruise in and out at your convenience. No fee, no judging, no trophies. Anytime of the day or night. There is usually music playing, door prizes or other fun games, close to an eating establishment, for car lovers and their rides to hang out and visit.

In the 70s we had a round hamburger joint with a DJ hut on top and speakers that could be heard anywhere you parked. The building was in the middle with lots of parking all the way around. It was a great place. I spent many years at this location during high school & college before it was taken down for newer businesses. Sure would like to have a place around here like that. Anyone want to build one? If so, we can get you the car attendance every weekend!!!
1969 Ford Mustang 428 Cobra Jet
and for fun:
2016 Polaris Slingshot
http://noalcarcalendar.mysite.com/
Old June 19th   #5
coupemama
coupemama
has no status.

Another great turn out at Steak 'n Shake this evening. Thank all that attend and make this cruise-in a great success. Many nice rides and very good fellowship. Marsha
Old June 20th   #6
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by coupemama View Post
I have been attending cruise-ins since the 70s. A cruise-in is exactly that. Cruise in and out at your convenience. No fee, no judging, no trophies. Anytime of the day or night. There is usually music playing, door prizes or other fun games, close to an eating establishment, for car lovers and their rides to hang out and visit.
Thank you for the definition of a cruise-in from someone who's been going to them longer than I've been alive.

The definition feels a lot like the place in the movie American Graffiti. Was it really like that?
Old June 20th   #7
Munchie
Munchie
is purging all the poo out of his life!

Send a message via AIM to Munchie
This cruise in was AWESOME, by my count the best turnout of top notch vehicles around. I will 100% be back to the following ones.
04 Chevy Trailblazer EXT-family ride
06 Joyner 650 Sand Spider-The Buggy
68 VW Rail Buggy-CNC rail conversion 44" Rear Paddles
85 19ft Bayliner Capri
Munchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st   #8
twisted metal
twisted metal
rust is a color.

my first trip to the steak and shake had a blast ,i will be back and hope i can bring the rest of the crew.
twisted metal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st   #9
Munchie
Munchie

Twisted-what were you driving?
85 19ft Bayliner Capri
Old June 21st   #10
twisted metal
twisted metal
rust is a color.

black 52 chevy pick up
twisted metal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st   #11
coupemama
coupemama
has no status.

"The definition feels a lot like the place in the movie American Graffiti. Was it really like that? Samir:

Yes, it was. This joint with the DJ shack was on a main road, and with gas only around $0.50 a gallon, many of us did just that, cruised up and down, and then pulled into the parking lot just to hang out and visit. Good music playing all night. I have tried to get Steak 'n Shake to get outdoor speakers and pipe music to the parking lot. And we encourage all to cruise in and out as you want, and stay as late as you want. After the door prizes are given out and the music quits playing, you can still hang out. Steak 'n Shake is open 24 hours (or at least I believe it still is). Marsha
Old June 21st   #12
Munchie
Munchie

We ended up leaving and going to walmart to get some things around 1030, when we came out there were still about 30 cars or so chilling having a good time out there. Awesome show, oh and btw coupemama you may wanna talk to Jaymack about the outdoor DJ equipment. He has a lot of equipment and you may be able to get him to bring some out. Just a thought.
85 19ft Bayliner Capri
Old June 21st   #13
slowjoe24
slowjoe24
.......what do you want to talk about??
Huntsville Car Scene Staff Writer

Nice Cars!!!
slowjoe24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st   #14
coupemama
coupemama
has no status.

"ask Jaymack about the outdoor DJ equipment" - thanks for the offer. I do have a Fender PA system.

But it is now a local Decatur club hosting the Decatur Steak 'n Shake, and using their equipment. But it would be nice for the establishment to have outdoor speakers mounted on the side of their building. That way no one has to bring a PA / sound equipment every time.

At this time, I just keep the word out there, advertising as much as I can to help keep this cruise-in going. I have enjoyed this Steak 'n Shake cruise-in for many many years, watched it grow from 30 rides to a full parking lot almost every month, and will continue to attend and enjoy for many more years. Marsha
Old June 22nd   #15
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

One of the reasons this cruise-in goes well into the evening hours is because it is also the default hang out spot for enthusiasts in the Decatur area. So you see the cars transition from the cruise-in crowd to the hang out crowd around 10pm+.

Back in the day when I didn't have a driver's license or a car, Athens had people cruising the square in a similar way to what you've described Marsha. Then, they put up signs to prevent any type of cruising. And now we have monthly cruise-ins there, lol. Go figure.
Old June 22nd   #16
coupemama
coupemama
has no status.

One final thought for the ones that hang around Steak 'n Shake after the cruise-in into the late hours. If the city police cruise by and give you any problems, just park your cars around the Steak 'n Shake building, in their immediate parking lot, and purchase a drink or shake. That way you are paying customers and you have a right to be there. Marsha
Old June 22nd   #17
HDP 7
HDP 7
has rotary powah!!!

Send a message via AIM to HDP 7
I will try to make the next month's cruise-in. So, will I be welcomed if I show up in a riced out, body kit, fart can, neon light, FWD import?
87 Mazda RX7 TII (drag car)

"When it happens I won't even notice... I'll be too busy looking good!"
HDP 7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd   #18
Munchie
Munchie

of course david has been there before and he was welcomed.lol sorry buddy its just too easy.
85 19ft Bayliner Capri
Old June 22nd   #19
coupemama
coupemama
has no status.

This cruise-in has always been open to all special rides. Our feeling is if your ride is special to you, then it is special to us. We are all in it together; we love our rides; it is all about our cars, trucks and motorcycles; anything on wheels! Marsha
Old June 22nd   #20
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDP 7 View Post
I will try to make the next month's cruise-in. So, will I be welcomed if I show up in a riced out, body kit, fart can, neon light, FWD import?
You'll be pleasantly surprised how well you will be accepted. Check out the galleries of cars that have been at Steak and Shake from the past few years. 2005-2006 have thousands of pictures.