Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > General Discussions

General Discussions When the thread doesn't fit anywhere else...

Old March 29th   #1
awebb
awebb
has no status.

The new Photoshop

I know a lot of the guys on here are photographers (myself included) so I thought you all might enjoy this.

www.wimp.com/newphotoshop

Last edited by awebb; March 29th at 08:50 AM.
awebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th   #2
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Utterly shocking. The system requirements to get the level of performance in the video must be pretty extreme, but just imagining all the hard work being done automatically by a computer is dumbfounding. It's unbelievable to see the creative work being done by a machine, and it look like it was done by a person.
Old March 29th   #3
ThaJuggalo
ThaJuggalo
has no status.

ummmmmm...... WOW! That is totaly amazing!
ThaJuggalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd   #4
Wilson!
Wilson!
is wishing he was in a kayak on the river...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samir View Post
Utterly shocking. The system requirements to get the level of performance in the video must be pretty extreme, but just imagining all the hard work being done automatically by a computer is dumbfounding. It's unbelievable to see the creative work being done by a machine, and it look like it was done by a person.
he's using a Mac to do the work on. OSx doesn't eat up resources as badly as Windows, so the system requirements are a lot lower. i have a application on my Mac that turns any screen saver into a background. the background on my computer isn't a fixed image, instead it's a moving screen saver. this with a 1.82 gig processor and 512 ram Mac Mini, straight out of the box. oh and the whole computer is 6" wide, 6" long, and 2" thick....

Last edited by Wilson!; April 3rd at 07:50 PM.
Wilson! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd   #5
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

I was thinking Mac may be the way to go for the future for me, but when I tried a $2600 laptop at the Apple store, I wasn't impressed. My $450 hp dc5750 xpp was faster than most things and didn't have me mousing around for stuff (which drives me up the wall--keyboard--101 keys for a reason).
Old April 3rd   #6
Wilson!
Wilson!

Quote:
I was thinking Mac may be the way to go for the future for me, but when I tried a $2600 laptop at the Apple store, I wasn't impressed. My $450 hp dc5750 xpp was faster than most things and didn't have me mousing around for stuff (which drives me up the wall--keyboard--101 keys for a reason).
OSx has just as many key short cuts as Windows. it takes a little bit to get used to the OSx operating system, but once you do, you'll never got back to a PC. you can get a 8 core processor, 32 GIG ram and 8 TB right out the box on the Mac Pro! you could take over the freaking space station with that much computing power!

Last edited by Wilson!; April 3rd at 08:07 PM.
Old April 3rd   #7
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

I wish I could've found the shortcut keys. I did some quick google searches, but I couldn't find the common ones like tiling windows, etc. I got frustrated and walked away.

My brother just built a new win7 based system and he swears by it now. I'll have to check it out if I go visit him in SF.

With the hardware architecture now about the same and the operating systems having similar traits (win7/osx), I see a day in the future where these two will actually be completely compatible. But for now, I can't afford anything new anyways.
Old April 3rd   #8
Wilson!
Wilson!

Quote:
I wish I could've found the shortcut keys. I did some quick google searches, but I couldn't find the common ones like tiling windows, etc. I got frustrated and walked away.

My brother just built a new win7 based system and he swears by it now. I'll have to check it out if I go visit him in SF.

With the hardware architecture now about the same and the operating systems having similar traits (win7/osx), I see a day in the future where these two will actually be completely compatible. But for now, I can't afford anything new anyways.
you can't patient an interface, so Windows is stealing alot of the Mac interface. several people i know run XP on their Mac (so they can fun .exe files) say it runs better on the Mac than a PC made to run XP. it's more stable. Mac has Boot Camp on them, so you can change OS without shutting the computer down.

Last edited by Wilson!; April 3rd at 08:25 PM.
Old April 3rd   #9
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

It's a sorry thing that the interface can't be protected. Intellectual property rights are supposed to keep people from making money off ripping off someone else's idea and passing it off as their own.