Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage

Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage Find, discuss, and see event coverage from the past, present, and future

5th Annual Car and Motorcycle Show
Calendar: Events Calendar
Samir
Administrator

May 15th 09:00 AM to 02:00 PM
*The times shown may change, depending on DST settings
Where: Pineview Baptist Church, 5614 Highway 53, Harvest, AL 35749-8555
Contact: Pineview Baptist Church 852-9571, Tim Travis 256-721-9876 ttravis@mchsi.com

From the flyer:

Rain date is June 5th.

Registration is $20 and ends at noon. All proceeds go to Pineview Baptist Youth Ministry.

Classes and Awards:
  • Classic Cars - Top 3
  • Muscle Cars - Top 3
  • Pre 1949
  • 1950-1959
  • 1960-1969
  • 1970-1979
  • 1980-1989
  • 1990-1999
  • 2000-up
  • Sport Compact - Top 3
  • Truck - Top 3
  • Off Road - Top 3
  • Motorcycle - Top 3
  • Works in Progress - Top 3
  • Preacher's Pick Award
  • Youth Ministries Choice Award
  • Car Club Participation

Click here to see the gallery. Buy photo prints and gifts!
All proceeds help pay Huntsville Car Scene bills.

Warm weather with partly cloudy skies greeted the participants and spectators as the wandered on the grassy field. I arrived to the sound of door prizes being given away literally every 5 seconds. As I quickly got out and started taking pictures, an old friend told me how he just happened to be riding by and saw the show. He helped me distribute the Huntsville Car Scene passout slips out while I took pictures, saving me a lot of time. So I shot some motion blur shots of him on his bike in return. He had just finished painting his bike a little while back and molded in a windscreen from another bike, but it looked like it was supposed to be there.

Several local clubs and organizations had good showings at this event, and I was actually surprised more people didn't show considering the wonderful space there is for the event. I think the threat of bad weather plus the number of events in the area might have kept some people away. But it was still a good event and a lot of people walked away happy. See everyone next year!
3 members will be attending this event:

Old May 14th   #2
Troy Denby
Troy Denby
has no status.

This is the car show that I tried to blow up a SBC at a couple years ago. Steve Burch usually works to put this show on but he has passed the torch. Usually Im trying to find folks to judge this show about this time but Im outta this too...whoooo Im glad too...Thats a lotta work...I want to just go and see....

Anyway, yall need to go to this ...its always been a giid show.
Troy Denby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th   #3
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

I remember when Steve started this event. It was back in 2006 and HCS was a big part of the initial promotion. It's great to see what it has become over the years.

It's a lot of work putting on an event (or even covering one). A lot of people don't know that until they do it. It's a lot easier to just go and enjoy it. I'll see you there.