Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage

Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage Find, discuss, and see event coverage from the past, present, and future

Huntsville Drift Cookout
Calendar: Events Calendar
Samir
Administrator

May 15th 03:00 PM to 07:00 PM
*The times shown may change, depending on DST settings
Where: Monte Sano Mountain State Park

This is just an informal meet and cookout of the local drifting community. Check out the thread for more detailed information. Times are approximate and location may change based on the weather.

Click here to see the gallery. Buy photo prints and gifts!
All proceeds help pay Huntsville Car Scene bills.

Great weather greeted everyone on the mountain. Several people came out with their cars, so not only was there a lot of comradery and fun, but some great photo opportunities.
Harry brought a bunch of old school Nikon lenses, and borrowed Peter's D5000 body for some stunning shots. (I'll post those up once I get them from Harry.) I had my cameras too, so I was able to get some cool car pictures as well as capture some of silliness that happened on the mountain. Lucky was doing what he loves and cooked up a storm of food for the hungry patrons. There was a football being tossed back and forth and socialization under the pleasant shade of the trees.

If you've seen the movie Role Models, you'll remember a live action role playing game (LARP for short) mentioned called "Laire". Well, not only is this type of game played in real life, but we have our own larp group in Huntsville called Emerald Wind that is a Amtgard chapter. They meet on Saturdays around 1pm at Monte Sano, so they were there too, playing their game in the trees near the playground.

So what happens when drifters see people play fighting? Well, they want to join in, but can't, so they make their own fight. Silly video results.

And then after eating, a game of football, and more eating, it was amateur gymnastics hour. Some athletes were very good, and others, well...not so good. And more silly video results.

It was a fun day on the mountain and it was great to see everyone again. It'll be fun at the next one too.
1 members will be attending this event:

There are no replies to show.