Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > General Discussions

General Discussions When the thread doesn't fit anywhere else...

Old June 13th   #1
Nevr2loS10
Nevr2loS10
has no status.

Send a message via AIM to Nevr2loS10
This saturday

anyone gonna ride out to the Decatur Steak N shake thing? I went out there last month and there was nothing but old cars and when I rode in hittin switches I either got a snub nose look or "hey that guys got hydraulics", both responses i didnt care much for, so if anyone with new model rides wants to go up there let me know

Body dropped 84 s10 and 20s for sale hit me up if interested
Nevr2loS10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th   #2
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

That cruise-in is put on by the Just Krusin' group. They are mainly classic and older cars, so you'll need a big group of other makes to make an impact there, and even then it may not be positive. I introduced myself and even received a somewhat cold reception.

But on another note, it is one of the largest collection of classic cars I've ever seen. I walked away with a couple of hundred pictures the one time I went.
Samir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th   #3
Nevr2loS10
Nevr2loS10
has no status.

samir you know we dont travel in small packs...and im determined to make an impact there just to show em were around...I dont see why the classic car guys and us new gen rides cant get along I mean we are all in this for the same reason you'd think we can find a common bond but no when you go to their cruise-ins the stock classic cars are all that really wins the best of show stuff because of bias judging...samir we need to make a huntsville car scene show man....id like to do something like that ive got a lot of really good ideas to put on one heck of a show I think if we could get some kind of comittee together we could make a huge show...probly even bigger than ATO's annual show

Last edited by Nevr2loS10; June 13th at 06:24 PM.
Old June 13th   #4
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Shows all gear towards a particular crowd. Granted, there is some cross-appreciation at a show, but there is mainly appreciation of details. But details only exist when there is a backdrop to see them against. You can't see the detail work on a 57 Chevy when the backdrop is 20 Honda Civics--but you will see the details of the Civics.

That's why there are car clubs and groups that focus on one aspect of cars. Shows are the same way, not because there isn't appreciation, but the shows become too large in breadth when trying to focus on everything. It's great to have 40 cars all different makes and categories, but it makes the judging a nightmare.

The only way to make a homogenous show is to have everyone and everything there. I do have plans for a car show that the likes have never been seen in Huntsville. I also have other car ideas that can rock the rocket city. But until I get this site where it needs to be, those are just more things in the pipeline.
Old June 13th   #5
Nevr2loS10
Nevr2loS10
has no status.

im not complaining at all dont get me wrong, im just saying that the snub look that some of those old car guys give and how they talk bad about the newer rides is really unappreciated and kinda disturbing...i know that judging shows is a nightmare....anyways as ive said before samir id love to help to forward move the forum as much as I can, I spend a lot of time on here as you can see and if you need help moderating, posting, or anything like that let me know, also id like to hear the ideas youve got as far as moving the scene along, I think we should have a meeting somewhere sometime and invite members of different clubs and such and get everyone together and discuss some ideas and see what we cant come up with difinitively and try and pull something off

Old June 13th   #6
Munchie
Munchie
is purging all the poo out of his life!

Send a message via AIM to Munchie
I Agree 100%, Some Of The Old Muscle Car Guys Like To Look Down On Us Four Cylinder Folks Too. Dont Get Me Wrong I Love V8s And Mucsle Cars But Some Of Them Dont Like Us. I Know We Are Loud And Sometimes Annoying, But Just Give Us A Chance We Are All In It For The Same Reason.(to Go Fast And Look Good Doing It)
Munchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th   #7
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

It's the same thing that the previous generation did to them. And why? Because it's change. Back in the early times of cars (pre-1950), cars were simply transportation. Then came the 50s and cars became something more. The guys before the 50s didn't like that at all. Why? Because it was change.

And now after another 50 years, we are at yet another change point. No longer is the rwd v8 king as powerful awd 4-cylinders from foreign companies give it competition. Designs have changed from sweeping fins and protruding pieces of chrome to integrated LED lights and sleek pieces of carbon fiber.

I've seen a lot of change in my young life and am starting to see where the older generations are coming from. You feel more at home and more comfortable with familiar things, things from your time, things of the past. But while I prefer things of my time, I have the ability to appreciate the newer things that are coming along. The only thing that is constant is change. And if you can't learn to appreciate the change that time brings, you start to grow old. Now I'm not saying that being old is a bad thing, but I'm not ready to age just yet.
Old June 13th   #8
Merlin
Merlin
is on the road, somewhere...

Just think, in another 30 years the young folks of today will really appreciate a mint "Street Racer" from todays era and us really OLD folks will fill our depends when we see a '69 Hemi Cuda in the year 2035!

Ride Safe!
Qvatch
Merlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th   #9
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by qvatch
Just think, in another 30 years the young folks of today will really appreciate a mint "Street Racer" from todays era and us really OLD folks will fill our depends when we see a '69 Hemi Cuda in the year 2035!

Ride Safe!
Qvatch
haha...I visualized that.
Old June 14th   #10
Nevr2loS10
Nevr2loS10
has no status.

i hope we have more to look forward to in 2035 then seein a 4 door accord w/ fake type R badges, a spolier, euro tails, and a giant pipe muffler and thinkin those are pretty sweet lol..but hey 34fast 34furious should be out by then so who knows

Last edited by Nevr2loS10; June 14th at 08:51 AM.
Old June 14th   #11
pvteye
pvteye
has no status.

"I Know We Are Loud And Sometimes Annoying" I think you may have hit upon something.....
04 MystiChrome Vert #423 1 of 495 Verts
K&N FIPK/ BBK Inlet Tube / MagnaFlow CatBack / RWTD Tune / Mac catted ProChamber
445.9 RWHP 417.9 RWTQ SAE Corrected
pvteye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th   #12
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

But aren't all kids that are young? It's may be more annoying to older people because there can be a sense of jealousy and envy there.
Old June 14th   #13
Munchie
Munchie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samir
But aren't all kids that are young? It's may be more annoying to older people because there can be a sense of jealousy and envy there.
CAUSE SOME OF OUR TURBO CHARGED FOUR CYLINDERS RUN WITH THEIR SUPERCHARGED V8S!!!!!!!
Old June 14th   #14
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by munchie
CAUSE SOME OF OUR TURBO CHARGED FOUR CYLINDERS RUN WITH THEIR SUPERCHARGED V8S!!!!!!!
Uhhh...show me this one. I know that there are tubro 4s that can run with normal and cammed v8s. But I don't know of a turbo 4 that holds its own against some of the heavy supercharged and turbo v8s.
Old June 14th   #15
Munchie
Munchie

Wink

No No Never Said Built Cobras And Built Blown Z28's. Let Me Rephrase: some Supercharged V8's. Camed And Normal V8s I Have Seen A Many Of Them Fall To The Hands Of Hatchbacks And Coupe With Just A Swap. Heck My Vw Has Beat A Few Gt's. It Is All About The Car And The Driver. Not To Say That I Can Beat All Gt's Out There, But Some Are Not What They Seem. Everyone Gets Beat!!!!! Just Some More Than Others.

P.s. I Am Not Trying To Start A War Against The V8's Or Anything Just Trying To Prove A Point.lol.like I Said We Are All In It For The Same Reason.
Old June 14th   #16
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

I don't think it's so much the drag race factor as in the change factor. I mean, when guys got the pipes on the cars in the 50s-70s, the older generation didn't appreciate the noise either.
Old June 14th   #17
dragginbody87
dragginbody87
has no status.
Official Huntsville Car Scene Grammar Police

Maybe most of the ricers and minitruckers are just young punks and the rodders resent that. Heck I resent that. I bet if an effort was made to introduce yourself and talk to the rodders, it might tear down that somewhat correct stereotype. But I don't even enjoy the hooligan atmosphere at the truck shows. That doesn't exist with the rodders. They tend to be adults and act like adults.
dragginbody87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th   #18
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

But the thing is that when the rodders were young, a lot of them acted like punks too. And they were resented too. I think the whole thing is actually history repeating itself. There will always be people who are cool and act like adults, young or old.
Old June 15th   #19
dragginbody87
dragginbody87
has no status.
Official Huntsville Car Scene Grammar Police

I agree. I guess my point is, if you want certain rodders to change their attitude toward your hobby, you have to make the effort to show you're just like they are. But if you don't really care, just say screw them and don't hang around them lol.
dragginbody87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th   #20
JayMack75
JayMack75
www.showstopperz.net

Send a message via AIM to JayMack75 Send a message via Yahoo to JayMack75
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragginbody87
Maybe most of the ricers and minitruckers are just young punks and the rodders resent that. Heck I resent that. I bet if an effort was made to introduce yourself and talk to the rodders, it might tear down that somewhat correct stereotype. But I don't even enjoy the hooligan atmosphere at the truck shows. That doesn't exist with the rodders. They tend to be adults and act like adults.
I agree completely. Car shows and stuff should be for tricked out, custom modified, serious show-car type vehicles. Sometimes I feel like some shows are just ghetto. Anybody can throw on huge rims and a candy paint, but a custom car is special...something unique that should be an expression of who you are...not who you're trying to be like.