Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage

Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage Find, discuss, and see event coverage from the past, present, and future

American Made Car/Truck Show
Calendar: Events Calendar
Samir
Administrator

June 27th 03:00 PM to 10:00 PM
*The times shown may change, depending on DST settings
Where: Flint River Baptist Church, 12945 Highway 231/431 North, Hazel Green, AL 35750

From an email and the flyer:

Registration for this event is free and ends at 5pm. Registered car/truck owners get goodie bag and a free hot dog and drink. Registration is limited to American made cars/trucks 1979 and older--Cruisers, Muscle Cars, Lead Sleds, Street Rods, Classics, Antiques, Hot Rods, Rat Rods, Etc. The show grounds will be on pavement.

Trophies will be awarded for Best in Show, Pastor's Choice, and first through third place in each class.

Flint River Baptist Church is between Meridianville and Hazel Green on the West Side of Hwy 231/431. Enter on the SOUTH SIDE of Church.

Click here to see the gallery. Buy photo prints and gifts!
All proceeds help pay Huntsville Car Scene bills.

I didn't know what to expect from this event until I saw the traffic backed up on both sides of 231/431. There were thousands of people at the Freedom Celebration, and the car show was much bigger than it has been in years past. Almost a hundred cars were registered. This was probably the largest Sunday show I've ever been to in the area. I even caught a shot of a car on 565 on my way to the event.

The newly formed Rocket City Camaro Club was there in force to help with the event. And several people that regularly autocross with the Twickenham Auto Club and Tennessee Valley Region of the SCCA were out looking at cars. One of the local chapters of the Christian Motorcycle Association was also present, making the event biker friendly with a good turnout of bikes.

Right behind the show was basically a complete fair with more bounce houses than I've ever seen at one place. There were also Segway rides on a course where people could try one out. Then there was the stage and midway of yummy food vendors. Oh, did I forget to mention the three--yes three--hot air balloons to ride in? I didn't even stay for the fireworks, but I'm sure they had to be awesome. I estimate about 10,000 to 20,000 people must have attended the Freedom Celebration. It was huge! And what a great place to have a car show. The spectators really loved it. Huntsville Times even did an article on it. You can even see a 'making of' shot in the gallery of one of the pictures taken by the Times staff photographer.

I want to thank George for his hospitality at the event and allowing me to say a few words about Huntsville Car Scene. It's the support from everyone that allows me to support the scene. See everyone next year!
5 members will be attending this event:

Old July 2nd   #2
69 Baja
69 Baja
has no status.

Flint River Baptist Church Freedom Celebration Car show 2010

Pixs from the car show

http://s68.photobucket.com/albums/i3...Church%202010/

Jeff
69 Baja is offline   Reply With Quote