Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > General Discussions

General Discussions When the thread doesn't fit anywhere else...

Old June 14th   #1
1 BAD Z
1 BAD Z
got'em hatin'

Pool Party Car Show

So my fiance and Samir were talkin about a great idea of having a car show at a venue with a pool like a hotel. Just general wishful thinking talk that Samir actually has ties to a hotel that could make this possible.

What do you guys think? Pull in, clean your car up, go register and recieve two pool passes so while your car is being judged or waiting to get judged you can hop in the pool and hangout with friends and meet new ppl maybe. Only registered cars could get two pool passes, so a nice money maker for the hotel and potential of expotential growth i think.

Hot cars, hot girls in bikinis, pool side... seems like a "FTW" if you will.

thoughts, input?

Common sense isn't a common virtue.

Link to the Nissan/Infiniti group page:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/154828527932506/
1 BAD Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th   #2
cruel1hemi
cruel1hemi
has no status.

Send a message via Yahoo to cruel1hemi
Count me in.....

Member of the Board of Directors - HemiTruckClub.com
cruel1hemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th   #3
ITSFAST
ITSFAST
---BAZINGA!

The idea sounds interesting, but a large show would get out of hand very quickly. Not to mention the added liability.
Old June 14th   #4
cruel1hemi
cruel1hemi
has no status.

Send a message via Yahoo to cruel1hemi
I agree. What about making it a HuntsvilleCarScene.com member's only show?

Member of the Board of Directors - HemiTruckClub.com
cruel1hemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th   #5
HDP 7
HDP 7
has rotary powah!!!

Send a message via AIM to HDP 7
I'm all for it as long as it's on Saturday.
87 Mazda RX7 TII (drag car)

"When it happens I won't even notice... I'll be too busy looking good!"
HDP 7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th   #6
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Wow, this is quite a bit of feedback!

Well, imagine this...the heat index around 105-110...a nice big newly paved parking lot...a designated area for show cars, most within eyesight of the pool area. Registration capped at a number that is appropriate. An electronic pool pass for registered participants. Enough staff so that you don't have to babysit the cars. Enough promotion to get participants, but not enough to get a large amount of spectators. Door prizes instead of trophies that are automatically placed in your show vehicle as your number is announced so you don't have to leave the pool. A DJ for some music and a PA system. No alcohol. A beach ball or two for playing volleyball in the pool. Event starting around noon and running until around 4pm so there's time to get to evening cruise-ins.

Thoughts?
Old June 15th   #7
HDP 7
HDP 7
has rotary powah!!!

Send a message via AIM to HDP 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samir View Post
Wow, this is quite a bit of feedback!

Well, imagine this...the heat index around 105-110...a nice big newly paved parking lot...a designated area for show cars, most within eyesight of the pool area. Registration capped at a number that is appropriate. An electronic pool pass for registered participants. Enough staff so that you don't have to babysit the cars. Enough promotion to get participants, but not enough to get a large amount of spectators. Door prizes instead of trophies that are automatically placed in your show vehicle as your number is announced so you don't have to leave the pool. A DJ for some music and a PA system. No alcohol. A beach ball or two for playing volleyball in the pool. Event starting around noon and running until around 4pm so there's time to get to evening cruise-ins.

Thoughts?
That seems a bit too perfect... add a room full of bikini clad centerfolds and you would have the makings of something similar to a playboy mansion pool party...
87 Mazda RX7 TII (drag car)

"When it happens I won't even notice... I'll be too busy looking good!"
HDP 7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th   #8
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDP 7 View Post
That seems a bit too perfect... add a room full of bikini clad centerfolds and you would have the makings of something similar to a playboy mansion pool party...
lol...I don't think the venue I'm thinking of would allow that.
Old June 15th   #9
Munchie
Munchie
is purging all the poo out of his life!

Send a message via AIM to Munchie
I don't know about you guys, but I go swimming to swim. I go to car shows for cars, so to me, going to a car show to swim seems a bit pointless. If you guys just want to oogle chicks in bikinis have a bikini contest. Y make a show that has a capped registration, limited promotion, and owner unattended cars? Y not just say "hey I have access to a pool this Saturday and whoever wants to come swimming can!"lol the whole idea seems kinda far fetched to me...so count me out. I guess I am one of those weird people that actually go to car shows for the cars.lol
04 Chevy Trailblazer EXT-family ride
06 Joyner 650 Sand Spider-The Buggy
68 VW Rail Buggy-CNC rail conversion 44" Rear Paddles
85 19ft Bayliner Capri
Munchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th   #10
Beckham
Beckham
is at our new location in MADISON now!
Huntsville Car Scene Staff and Site Sponsor

Send a message via AIM to Beckham
The no alcohol thing counts me out.

www.facebook.com/TheSpeakerboxHSV
Beckham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th   #11
ITSFAST
ITSFAST
---BAZINGA!

I agree with Munchie on the going to a car show for the cars, not to hang out in a pool. It sounds like it would make for an awesome private party though, but if we are going to do that, let's just hang out at your place Samir. ;-)

Plus, if I were a guest and this was going on and interfering with my stay, I'd be ticked. Why get a hotel with a pool if it's going to be used for "non-guests". (just another view)
Old June 15th   #12
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchie View Post
I don't know about you guys, but I go swimming to swim. I go to car shows for cars, so to me, going to a car show to swim seems a bit pointless. If you guys just want to oogle chicks in bikinis have a bikini contest. Y make a show that has a capped registration, limited promotion, and owner unattended cars? Y not just say "hey I have access to a pool this Saturday and whoever wants to come swimming can!"lol the whole idea seems kinda far fetched to me...so count me out. I guess I am one of those weird people that actually go to car shows for the cars.lol
Very good point. I know when I go to the pool, it's to play and stay cool. And I don't drive something nice when I do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beckham View Post
The no alcohol thing counts me out.
That's just to keep people in check. You know better than anyone how crazy people can get when intoxicated.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ITSFAST View Post
I agree with Munchie on the going to a car show for the cars, not to hang out in a pool. It sounds like it would make for an awesome private party though, but if we are going to do that, let's just hang out at your place Samir. ;-)
Hmmm...that's not a bad idea. I've actually been thinking about throwing a nice little pool bash at my parents place. A friend of mine who's a chef owes me a favor and we have a nice grill setup for him to cook on. Food, water, and fun. But I have too much work to do right now to put something like this together.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ITSFAST View Post
Plus, if I were a guest and this was going on and interfering with my stay, I'd be ticked. Why get a hotel with a pool if it's going to be used for "non-guests". (just another view)
I had this one covered. Saturdays are typically a slow day at business-class hotels since most guests are gone on Friday. And since check-in time is around 4pm, virtually no guests are there during the day on Saturday. Unless there's a group like a softball tournament...but then the pool is a really nice place to be.
Old June 15th   #13
racinfast002
racinfast002
ROLL TIDE YALL!

I'm not going unless it involves girls getting naked.....jk I'm in. Sounds like an awesome idea to me
1999 F250 Crew Cab Coal Smoker on 37's
1999 Formula Fastech 271
1984 Mustang Hatch Turbo
1984 Harley Davidson Sportster 1000 Ironhead
1969 Chevy pickup the keeper
"Straight tracks are for fast cars. Curvy tracks are for fast drivers."
racinfast002 is offline   Reply With Quote