Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage

Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage Find, discuss, and see event coverage from the past, present, and future

Cafe 302 Cruise-in
Calendar: Events Calendar
Samir
Administrator

June 12th 06:00 PM to 09:00 PM
*The times shown may change, depending on DST settings
Where: Cafe 302, 2700 Winchester Road, Huntsville, AL 35811

This is a nice cruise-in that occurs the 2nd Saturday of each month, good food, people and music. Trophies awarded for the winners in each class, plus door prizes!

Click here to see the gallery. Buy photo prints and gifts!
All proceeds help pay Huntsville Car Scene bills.

A hot day makes for a cool cruise-in. The heat of the day might have kept people indoors, but the evenings brought them out to the cruise-in. And it was a good turnout including a Porsche I bumped into in traffic earlier in the day and a Ferrari that just happened to be there. Hopefully we'll be seeing more of them.

Kara was gracious enough to take pictures with the cars, so look for something special in some of the pics.

Old June 16th   #2
1 BAD Z
1 BAD Z
got'em hatin'

dont agree with some of the guys that won... but thats why they judge... have to do something better for next time... still had a lotta fun seein friends and hangin out

Common sense isn't a common virtue.

Link to the Nissan/Infiniti group page:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/154828527932506/
1 BAD Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th   #3
EvilZ
EvilZ
is around.

I love our conversation while the ferrari is driving away.....lol.
EvilZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th   #4
EvilZ
EvilZ
is around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prelude2nr View Post
dont agree with some of the guys that won... but thats why they judge... have to do something better for next time... still had a lotta fun seein friends and hangin out
I won.....lol.....once again didn't expect to but i never do, my car isn't anything special....yet.
Old June 16th   #5
1 BAD Z
1 BAD Z
got'em hatin'

what did you drive?

Old June 16th   #6
EvilZ
EvilZ
is around.

The raggedy blue vette, it's in the video with the ferrari. i think samir might have taken a picture or two as well.
Old June 16th   #7
1 BAD Z
1 BAD Z
got'em hatin'

no the trans am and the blue vette i figured would win cause they are domestic muscle type cars... both very nice and not complaining about that... its two of the others i didnt really agree with but i understand 302 aims towards muscle and classics and thats cool

Old June 16th   #8
cruel1hemi
cruel1hemi
has no status.

Send a message via Yahoo to cruel1hemi
What classes do they have?

Member of the Board of Directors - HemiTruckClub.com
cruel1hemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th   #9
1 BAD Z
1 BAD Z
got'em hatin'

83-newer truck 1 trophy
82-older truck 1 trophy
83-newer car 3 or 4 trophies
60-83 car 3 or 4 trophies
59 and older car 3 or 4 tropies

all in no particular order... need a first second and third i think but no big deal

Old June 16th   #10
EvilZ
EvilZ
is around.

dude the mazda's were SICK!!!!! I don't think they go for any type of car they just go for clean cars. I think all the cars that won the newer classes feel under this category. Every mod on both the mazda's were perfect, i looked at them very closely and i have an eye, i didn't expect to win anything because of them for there age they were about as nice as any i've seen. words can't describe the level of perfection but i guess when you don't drive it.......and as far as my car well i guess i just got lucky who knows, i mean i keep my car clean but it really doesn't have that many mods and the ones i do have are performance oriented.....as well as the upcoming ones. but i just go to cruise ins for fun it's not a show car.
Old June 16th   #11
1 BAD Z
1 BAD Z
got'em hatin'

oh yeah i figured it was based of cleanliness... which must have been hard to judge... the mazdas are really nice dont get me wrong, im just biased lol... ill prob just go to 302 shows and not enter... treat it as a cruise in style cause its not an import friendly show and thats cool, most shows around here dont cater to that scene

those two have been going to that show for a long time and dont seem to miss one... i wonder how many 302 trophies they have by now? lol

Old June 17th   #12
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayDM View Post
I love our conversation while the ferrari is driving away.....lol.
Yeah, sometimes I forget what's being recorded. I actually met him the next day at the autocross school. I'm terrible with names, so I'm not even going to guess. I know it started with an M, was four letters, and was one syllable.

Last edited by Samir; June 17th at 01:01 AM.
Samir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 17th   #13
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
dude the mazda's were SICK!!!!! Every mod on both the mazda's were perfect, i looked at them very closely and i have an eye, i didn't expect to win anything because of them for there age they were about as nice as any i've seen. words can't describe the level of perfection but i guess when you don't drive it.......
I know the rx7 is driven regularly. And while I was processing the pictures, I asked myself, "why didn't I get video of the Cosmo driving?" That's more rare than the Ferrari.
Old June 17th   #14
EvilZ
EvilZ
is around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prelude2nr View Post
oh yeah i figured it was based of cleanliness... which must have been hard to judge... the mazdas are really nice dont get me wrong, im just biased lol... ill prob just go to 302 shows and not enter... treat it as a cruise in style cause its not an import friendly show and thats cool, most shows around here dont cater to that scene
Think about this statement for just a second, how can you say a show isn't import friendly when 2 cars were domestic and 2 were imorts.......

I mean I'm not trying to be a smart a$$ but if your mad because you have more mods it goes back to my less is more thing.
Old June 17th   #15
HDP 7
HDP 7
has rotary powah!!!

Send a message via AIM to HDP 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samir View Post
I know the rx7 is driven regularly.
And taken to Huntsville Dragstrip once in a while... I have time slips and pics of a busted differential to prove it
87 Mazda RX7 TII (drag car)

"When it happens I won't even notice... I'll be too busy looking good!"
HDP 7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 17th   #16
BlueflameFE
BlueflameFE
has no status.

Send a message via Yahoo to BlueflameFE
My Cosmo is driven. In fact I've driven it to EVERY show I've been to including the tail of the dragon and road Atlanta. It has it's share of little rock dings. BTW, I've been to the 302 four previous times and never won. I even lost to a ragged 86 Accord once,lol.
BlueflameFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 17th   #17
EvilZ
EvilZ
is around.

This guy doesn't understand people that don't drive there cars. I left cafe 302 and went out later that night and hurt a few feelings. I plan on doing the same thing this weekend except this time i'll have my drag pack on since i'm not going to any shows before hand (the wheels look like crap but they work, the offset is off by 1mm in the rear, yes i know i'm ocd).
Old June 17th   #18
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
This guy doesn't understand people that don't drive there cars.
Who is 'this guy'? The judge of the show?

Hey, and where was my call? We talked a bit about the 'informal' activities but I never heard anything from you.
Old June 17th   #19
BlueflameFE
BlueflameFE
has no status.

Send a message via Yahoo to BlueflameFE
I know there is some bias going on because SAMIR didn't photograph the girl by my car!!!!!
BlueflameFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 17th   #20
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueflameFE View Post
I know there is some bias going on because SAMIR didn't photograph the girl by my car!!!!!
I couldn't do it justice with the lighting and angle of the car. But I have Kara's number, so we'll definitely get you at the next one.