Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > General Discussions

General Discussions When the thread doesn't fit anywhere else...

Old July 25th   #1
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Be a Part of Huntsville Car Scene's Display at the Huntville Young Professionals Expo

I found out about this event late last week:

From the event listings on HYP's web site and the Chamber of Commerce:

"The Huntsville/Madison County Chamber of Commerce's EMYRGE Council is putting on this expo for YP's to highlight a lot of the things Huntsville has to offer. Several YP focused groups will be represented. There will also be some activity & sports clubs and some businesses that YP's would be interested in learning more about along with thousands of dollars of great giveaways!"

"Huntsville Has It! YP Expo promoting local dining, entertainment, retail and professional service providers that focus on young professionals. Presented by and held at Lowe Mill on July 27 from 5:30 to 7:30. Must be 21 to attend. $10 in advance, $15 at the door if space is available. More than $2,000 in gift cards from sponsors will be given away at the event. Come see all there is for YPs in Huntsville/Madison County."

I contacted them about being a part of the expo, and here's their reply:

"We would love to have you at the YP Expo with a couple of cars and/or bikes. Please let me know who will be representing you (up to two people) and what you will bring so that we can plan accordingly. Setup will begin at 4:00 at Lowe Mill, 2211 Seminole Drive."

I'm not sure if they mean that cars and bikes would be set up inside or if they would be outside. I've sent them an email to answer that and a few other questions.

This is a great opportunity to show your car or bike to an audience that would love to see it. I know this is short notice, but I want to invite anyone that wants to come out with their car or bike and put it on display. If you're affiliated with a local organization, bring information on your organization as well. This is an excellent time to show Huntsville what a terrific enthusiast community we have.

Feel free to post here or call/text me at 615-512-5520 if you can come.
Old July 26th   #2
EvilZ
EvilZ
is around.

I'd be interested in this. I'm not sure what kind of cars there looking for. You might also mention it to Tino as well Samir I know he goes to the HYP events every now and then as well. Just let me know if they would be interested using the vette so I can have it clean. Thanks.
EvilZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th   #3
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Thank you for the reply! I've love for you to bring out the vette. I've talked with Tino and as long as it works with his work schedule, he's up for it too. I've got a few numbers for people I need to call, but I want to wait until I hear back from them before I start working on this hardcore.
Old July 26th   #4
EvilZ
EvilZ
is around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samir View Post
Thank you for the reply! I've love for you to bring out the vette. I've talked with Tino and as long as it works with his work schedule, he's up for it too. I've got a few numbers for people I need to call, but I want to wait until I hear back from them before I start working on this hardcore.
I'll just mention it to my boss as a maybe then. It shouldn't be a problem for me considering its a networking event. Just let me know by the end of the day tomorrow though so I can have the car clean. You've got my number just call me if you need to.
Old July 26th   #5
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Awesome! I'll keep you in the loop and let you know something the second I do.
Old July 26th   #6
Beckham
Beckham
is at our new location in MADISON now!
Huntsville Car Scene Staff and Site Sponsor

Send a message via AIM to Beckham
I'd love to, but can't get off work for it.

www.facebook.com/TheSpeakerboxHSV
Beckham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th   #7
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beckham View Post
I'd love to, but can't get off work for it.
This is a networking event, so it could still count as work depending on how your boss wants to look at it. They're giving away $2k in door prizes, so I expect a couple of hundred people there.
Old July 26th   #8
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

I just got off the phone with my contact, and it's a go. We will have 6+ parking spots reserved for our cars like in a show (I'm going to Lowe Mill to check out the exact layout). If you want to just come and park your car as part of the display, that's free. I have one free admission to the event, but that admission will not allow participation for any of the drawings, and they usually have a lot of good stuff like restaurant gift cards and stuff. With only about 150+ people coming, $2k worth should make it worth the while to pay to get in. Any questions about this, call me 615-512-5520 and spread the word! There's still 4 more spots available.
Old July 26th   #9
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Oh, and I'm planning on giving participants their choice of Huntsville Car Scene stickers or vinyl clings for free, as my way of saying thanks for participating on such short notice.
Old July 26th   #10
EvilZ
EvilZ
is around.

I'll pre register when I get out of a few meetings. I'll give you a call tonight and get a game plan.
Old July 26th   #11
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Thanks man! I'll talk to you later today.
Old July 26th   #12
KI4RXM
KI4RXM
is still working

Hey Samir- I was planning on attending anyways, so let me know if you need another car, I can bring the Challenger out.
KI4RXM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th   #13
KI4RXM
KI4RXM
is still working

Also, lets all hope for better weather than 'they' are predicting!
KI4RXM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th   #14
EvilZ
EvilZ
is around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI4RXM View Post
No joke. Are we parking inside or outside?
Old July 26th   #15
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Hey Samir- I was planning on attending anyways, so let me know if you need another car, I can bring the Challenger out.
The more cars the merrier! We've got a blocked off area that is striped to park 6, but we can always make room for one more. (There's a grassy area right next to the parking that we can probably use.)
Old July 26th   #16
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
And I know the weather is going to be the biggest factor. Most everyone is going to call me around 2-3pm as I know at least one of the cars physically can't be driven in the rain because it will injest water.
Old July 27th   #17
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

As of right now, there are 5 cars confirmed. This leaves one spot open if someone else wants to come. It's going to be a really fun event!
Old July 27th   #18
ITSFAST
ITSFAST
---BAZINGA!

Sounds like a fun event. Anyone taking pictures???

I keed I keed. . .
Old July 27th   #19
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITSFAST View Post
Sounds like a fun event. Anyone taking pictures???
You should come out. The g8 would look awfully nice out there. And you can come later if need be. 4pm is just so we don't lose the spots and have to deal with moving cars during the event.

And I'll actually be donning both car and non-car event photographer hats not for only HCS, but for HYP. It'll be the first time my non-car event coverage shots will be posted on here. Some of you have seen my nightlife shots on huntsvegasnights.com, but most of my other event work has not been showcased anywhere.
Old July 27th   #20
ITSFAST
ITSFAST
---BAZINGA!

If I had gotten any sleep last night and wasn't running a low grade temp, I'd come out. Thanks anyway.