Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage

Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage Find, discuss, and see event coverage from the past, present, and future

Jakes Dragstrip AKA Moulton Dragway Street Race
Calendar: Events Calendar
moulton dragway  
August 28th to August 29th 08:00 PM to 04:00 AM
*The times shown may change, depending on DST settings
Where: Jakes Dragstrip, 3041 County Road 94, Danville, AL 35619

Ok here we go! The next street race will be Saturday Night August 28th. Here are some ideas that we have so far... Gates open 8pm racing at 9pm gates don't close until everyone leaves. Track prep will be 200ft-finish no start line prep to keep it street comparable. At midnight we will have a black-out true street race. Track lights will be off for one hour or longer, we will still have lights in the pits and return road (for safety). Gate fee will be $5 race all night.

Click here to see the gallery. Buy photo prints and gifts!
All proceeds help pay Huntsville Car Scene bills.

A few showers cooled down the track in the early evening, but as the racers started to fill out the track, the track was drying up pretty well. With no rain in sight for the rest of the night and cool temperatures, the stage was set for a full night of racing. A good-sized crowd came out to watch the street monsters fly down the track. A win light helped indicate the winner this time around.

All of the usual suspects were there and many ready to race someone on this great night. As the evening went on, I could feel the exhaustion of the day start to hit me--I had been working on HCS since 10am and out covering events since noon. After 13 hours, I was starting to wind down. I finally had to leave just before two as I wouldn't have been able to drive home. Unfortunately, that also means I missed capturing some of the races later in the evening. But hopefully I made up for it with the pictures. There's over 100 video clips, so there's still plenty to watch.

Events like this really make me miss driving, and next time I think I'm going to have to take a ride or two. See everyone next time!
2 members will be attending this event:

Old August 2nd   #2
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Thank you for the post!
Old August 3rd   #3
Beckham
Beckham
is at our new location in MADISON now!
Huntsville Car Scene Staff and Site Sponsor

Send a message via AIM to Beckham
I might actually make this one.

www.facebook.com/TheSpeakerboxHSV
Beckham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd   #4
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beckham View Post
I might actually make this one.
You should. It would be nice to see more of the SRTs come out.
Old August 25th   #5
EvilZ
EvilZ
is around.

Bump since it's getting close......

Anybody going to this.....I know last month was a huge turn out and I had a blast. This time hopefully I'll be running a little bit better.......
EvilZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th   #6
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

I dunno yet. I'm still playing catch up from last weekend.