Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage

Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage Find, discuss, and see event coverage from the past, present, and future

Ider Mule Day Car Show
Calendar: Events Calendar
Samir
Administrator

September 6th 08:00 AM to 02:00 PM
*The times shown may change, depending on DST settings
Where: Ider Town Park located off of Highway 75 at 183 Sweet Gum Road, Ider, AL
Contact: Town Clerk Barbara Tilley 256-657-4184, www.townofider.com

From the flyer:

Registration for this show is $20 and ends at noon. Awards include Mayor's choice for best car, truck, motorcycle, and ratrod. There will also be door prizes and a $500 money tree. In addition to the show, there will be an antique engine display, antique tractor pull and display, entertainment on stage from 10am until 4pm, arts and craft vendors, games for children, food vendors, and more.

From this web site:
"This annual event showcases Sand Mountainís rich agricultural heritage. Enjoy a parade of mules, horses, carriages, antique tractors and more. A horse pull, mule pull, antique tractors and cars, arts and crafts, food, childrenís games, and so much more make this day one you wonít want to miss."

I remember going to this show a few years back and it was well worth the drive.

Click here to see the gallery. Buy photo prints and gifts!
All proceeds help pay Huntsville Car Scene bills.

The short drive to the Ider Mule Day festival brings you into another world where horsepower can mean more than one thing. Well over 100 cars came out for this event, and I was told that quite a few had left since morning. I could tell that before I even got inside by the Corvair, Mustang, and Camaro that were leaving as I came in. Even more left by the time I was able to come around to take pictures. I also messed up camera settings and didn't realize I wasn't setup to get correct interior and engine bay pictures, so a lot of those didn't turn out good and won't be seen. But I was still happy with what I was able to get.

There was a festival atmosphere with thousands of people on hand, and a traffic jam at the major 4-way intersection in Ider. I think it took me almost 15 minutes to move about 100 feet. But once inside, there was tons to do, tons to eat, tons of cars to see, and more. The only downside I saw was a lot of dust. So many of the cars were covered in it. The dust wasn't bad or event noticeable until someone came along and rubbed their fingers through it. I'd bring some quick detailer or a California duster-type product to keep everything clean if you're coming to this show. And watch your interior too. There was quite a bit of dust there too. Of course, on a day like this, you could just drive with all the windows down and let nature take care of it.

I saw one of the funniest things I've ever seen done at a car show where a Corvette owner set a skeleton in the normal seat in the normal spot by the car. It had looked like the owner had sat there until he died. I even got a nice lady to pose with it like she was shocked. There were also quite a few examples of rare and very custom cars and trucks. There was even an old motorhome.

Mayor Mike was on-hand to present the awards, and the Wheels of Time Cruisers were out in force handling the details of the car show. They had some pretty nice door prizes including two hand-made quilts. See everyone next time!
2 members will be attending this event:

There are no replies to show.