Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage

Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage Find, discuss, and see event coverage from the past, present, and future

6th Annual Righteous Rods Car Show and Family Fun Day
Calendar: Events Calendar
Samir
Administrator

September 18th 07:30 AM to 02:00 PM
*The times shown may change, depending on DST settings
Where: The Harvest Church, 8160 Hwy 53 North, Toney, Alabama 35773

From the flyer:

Registration is $10 and ends at noon. There will be 15 different judged classes and motorcycles are welcome. In addition there will be door prizes, games, food and fun for all ages. There will also be an engine blow.

Click here to see the gallery. Buy photo prints and gifts!
All proceeds help pay Huntsville Car Scene bills.

I arrived a little after noon to find out that I missed the engine blow. It ran for over 3 minutes. A good number of cars came out for the show, and even more came by to check it out before going to another event. I think the football season also kept quite a few people indoors. But there was fun for the kids with an inflatable water slide, lots of great food, free water to keep you hydrated, and some great cars, trucks, and bikes to check out. I got to meet Troy and hang out after the show and that was a hoot.

And because we were in a rural industrial area, it was okay to get on it and let these machines do what they are built for. But when doing this, it's always important to keep safety in mind. All the fun ends when something goes wrong. And we don't ever want the fun to end. See everyone next time!
3 members will be attending this event:

Old September 2nd   #2
Troy Denby
Troy Denby
has no status.

more' bout it.

I just Ground hopped an old 305 that was donated ...Im going to build a skid for it so it wont flop around when I pour the coals to it. Were gonna leave the coolant out of it and pull the hammer back and see how long she lasts at WOT!!!!!

Im puttin' a hundred dollars on it to anyone who can guess how long she'll last before going thermal.

Weve also got out hands on an old 85 model thunderbird that were gonna let all of yall who want to vent any left over frustrations.... I know ive wanted to smash a FORD or two in my time...last year we just about beat a mazda 626 flat with the ground..

Gonna be a nice atmosphere, door prizes, food...and I dont know exactly what we've got for the kids but last year we had water inflatables for the kids.....

Yall try and make plans to come on out. We'd be glad to see ya!!!
Troy Denby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd   #3
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Wow, sounds like this is going to be one fun event.
Old September 13th   #4
Troy Denby
Troy Denby
has no status.

bump...

...Im bumpin' this again... Ive had to drop the car smash for space reasons... but the engine is still a go...

There has been a lot of effort put into this show....Itd be a shame to miss it....

I could use some help with judging... All I can offer is my appreciation....if interested my number is 256-694-6936.

Thanks.
Old September 13th   #5
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy Denby View Post
...Im bumpin' this again... Ive had to drop the car smash for space reasons... but the engine is still a go...

There has been a lot of effort put into this show....Itd be a shame to miss it....

I could use some help with judging... All I can offer is my appreciation....if interested my number is 256-694-6936.

Thanks.
I've revised the listing with the updated information. If you want to ask my opinion after I've taken pictures, I can tell you what I liked.
Old September 18th   #6
Troy Denby
Troy Denby
has no status.

Had a good time. It was nice to meet you Samir...Youre just good folks, Bud.

Car show went off without a hitch and the engine didnt disappoint.
Old September 18th   #7
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

It was a great time! Good to meet you and your friends too Troy. That was a blast.

Sorry I missed the engine blow. I'm sure next year's will be even better.
Old September 20th   #8
twisted metal
twisted metal
rust is a color.

troy sorry we missed your show. we took off to rumble in tenn. had a blast , the old 53 chevy got about 9.6 miles to the gallon. if you still want the 37 frame with the flat head let me know.
twisted metal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th   #9
Troy Denby
Troy Denby
has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twisted metal View Post
troy sorry we missed your show. we took off to rumble in tenn. had a blast , the old 53 chevy got about 9.6 miles to the gallon. if you still want the 37 frame with the flat head let me know.
Yeah...I missed havin' yall there...Yall woulda really added to the show....yall usually do.. It was fun blowin' up that ol' engine.. I continue to learn...It aint as easy as just ploppin' it down on the asphault and pulling the rip cord.

Next go-round Im plannin' on burning up a pair of them at the same time...a302 and a 305... kinda get the ford guys in on things.

9.6 outta that ol 216 is pretty good ...concidering it has to spin just shy of twistin' off to get about anywhere LOL

Yeah Id like to get that 37 frame but im poop deep in a malibu right now....

Ask Gumby... I almost drug a 61 bubble top to his house about two weeks ago....

Its a sickness.....

Last edited by Troy Denby; September 20th at 05:45 PM.
Old September 21st   #10
twisted metal
twisted metal
rust is a color.

the frame is yours then, and your thinking about the 49 , i drove the 53 stepside with the 350 . if gumby runs out of room i got plenty, and yea it is a sickness,but i love it.
twisted metal is offline   Reply With Quote