Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > Show and Shine

Show and Shine Post pictures, videos, and other stuff to look at

Old October 27th   #1
gnut
gnut
has no status.

Pics of my old Bagged T-bird I sold February 2010, owned for 9 yrs

I bought this '94 bird fall of 2000 stock and built it up over the years till I sold it to a guy from Grant in February this year; 2010. Loved the car, still love it; but I had bought the Magnum and it was time to part ways.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/404566

Here's some before I painted the bottom black.

Here is one with my first set of wheels on it; 18's and Intrax lowering springs with 1 coil cut out of them. The springs alone didn't give the drop I was looking for. This was about Summer of 2002. About a year later I moved up to 20's and bagged it.
. . JBA Cat-back exhaust . . C&L CAI
. . . 22" Viper Replicas, gunmetal grey w/ red pinstripe
...........Fun for the whole family
gnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th   #2
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Looks like a lot of work. I hope the new owner cares for it as much as you did.
Old October 27th   #3
cheesepuff
cheesepuff
Says Roll Tide!!!

i have seen the car in scottsboro.. doesnt look as clean anymore...to me it didnt look like the new owner was takin good care of it,but it could have just needed a good bath!
cheesepuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th   #4
Wilson!
Wilson!
is wishing he was in a kayak on the river...

i have a pic of that car on my phone. the current owner was trying to get me trade it for my Tahoe. it doesn't look near that clean anymore. has some missing center caps, and i think it needs paint work now.
Old October 28th   #5
gnut
gnut
has no status.

Yeah, I sat it in Scottsboro for sale the end of last year / first of this year. It needed a total revame; which I had a plan for.

Precision in Scottsboro painted it the first time and put on the ground effects I bought from NOPI. They did a really good job of painting if for the $. They didn't do so great installing the ground effects.

I moved out-of-state for a couple of years. While there, I shaved the door handles. Afterwards, a guy I worked with was trying to get into auto body and paint on the side. He convinced me to let him paint my car. I paid half on the materials and the rest was free. FREE IS NOT ALWAYS AS GOOD AS IT SOUNDS!!!!! I thought it was o.k., but far from as good as it was.

Moved back to the home vicinity; well,to Chattanooga. While there I was cutting grass and slung up a piece of metal that hit the trunk. Then one night I left the car parked outside, which was rare, and somebody tried to steal the car. Busted out the drivers side window, broke the steering column trim, gauge cluster trim, ignition switch, cracked the dash, and stole the center caps. Didn't try to steal the stereo or get into the trunk.

Those wheels have been out of production for quite awhile so when I went looking for center caps I either ran into a dead end or they wanted an arm & leg for them. I did get one set that I had to return cause they didn't lign-up just right. After talking to Limited Allow I found that style of wheel was manufactured over it's span by 2 different contractors to Limited. Depending on the build date depended on the center cap. They ones they had on the shelf and sent me were the wrong ones. By the time I sold it I had no luck.
Old October 28th   #6
gnut
gnut
has no status.

I have plans for it if I kept it; if I could have talked my wife into it.

Re-bag it
change the ground effects to factory T-bird Super Coupe ground effects
paint it Flat Black
change the wheels to 20" Coys, flat grey centers with polished lip.
Install 2003 Mustang Cobra front and rear brakes
re-tint the windows
remove the automatic tranny and do the T-45 5-speed tranny conversion

These were my plans the my wife and I debated back and forth on. It all hinged on the fact that I said I would sell the bird if I got the Magnum. Man I do miss the bird.
Old October 28th   #7
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnut View Post
Man I do miss the bird.
Sounds like you had a lot of yourself poured into your car like all of us on here do. But the Magnum does look great!
Old October 28th   #8
cheesepuff
cheesepuff
Says Roll Tide!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samir View Post
Sounds like you had a lot of yourself poured into your car like all of us on here do. But the Magnum does look great!
x2 on the magnum
cheesepuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd   #9
gnut
gnut
has no status.

Thanks. I hope the new owners appreciate it, and take it to another level.