Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage

Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage Find, discuss, and see event coverage from the past, present, and future

Old July 4th   #1
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Saginaw Show Photography Help

The Car Show this upcoming weekend in Decatur is usually my biggest challenge every year.

This year I'm going to attempt to fully cover it just like I do any other show. But with almost 1000 cars expected to show, and with the usual 3 pictures per car (full shot, engine shot, interior shot), that adds up to be 3000 pictures of just cars. Even if I spend only 30 seconds per car, it will take 1000*30 seconds/60 seconds/60 minutes = 8.3 HOURS to take pictures of all the cars.

Bottom line is I'm going to need some help. I have 3 cameras and it won't hurt to have at least 2 other people helping me with the photography. If 3 people are taking shots simultaneously, then it only becomes 10 seconds per car or 1000*10 seconds/60 seconds/60 minutes = 2.7 hours to take pictures of all the cars. This will make what I want to do much more feasible, although we'd still have to hustle.

I know jonpiper, racinfast002, S10on20s99, and vehicular have helped me in the past and if you guys are free, you're welcome to help me shoot. But I'm open to anyone that wants to help.

Taking the photographs I take at car shows is more about the angle and proper framing than photography stuff. The cameras basically stay in fully automatic mode. I'm willing to teach anyone that's willing to help. But remember, you'll have a lot of responsibility hanging around your neck if you have a camera, so keep that in mind.

I'm not going to be shooting any models at this show. There simply won't be time. There will be stuff later in the day where I might do that, and anyone shooting with me is welcome to tag along and take pictures there as well.

Even if you don't want to do any photography, there's still the slips to pass out, communications to handle, coordination and all sorts of other stuff that's going to be needed to keep things going smooth. If you're interested in helping out, post up.

I'll see everyone out there on Saturday.
Samir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th   #2
Nevr2loS10
Nevr2loS10
has no status.

Send a message via AIM to Nevr2loS10
Hey samir as i have said before ill be more than willing to help...send a camera my way and ill help ya snap pics...and ill also use what i can on my crappy digi cam

Body dropped 84 s10 and 20s for sale hit me up if interested
Nevr2loS10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th   #3
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

What type of camera do you have? It may not be as crappy as you think. You'll have to end up using mine since they have enough memory to hold a couple of thousand pictures. Well, except for the Panasonic.
Old July 5th   #4
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Info on the cameras for those wanting to do some homework:
Olympus e-20n with wcon-08b wide angle adapter
Sony dsc-f828
Panasonic dmc-fz20
Old July 5th   #5
Nevr2loS10
Nevr2loS10
has no status.

Send a message via AIM to Nevr2loS10
i have the cheap wal mart 80 dollar kodak that holds 12 pics cause i have no memory...ill read up on what you got

Body dropped 84 s10 and 20s for sale hit me up if interested
Nevr2loS10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th   #6
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Yeah, that won't even be close to what I've got. Some of the $200-$300 cameras can shoot quite nice pictures when everything's perfect. The problem comes into play with storage because not many can take large size memory cards or Microdrives.
Old July 5th   #7
HOSS429
HOSS429
not getting old .getting better

i will be there for several hours. and i will look at most everything. i can pass out slips or other stuff.
HOSS429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th   #8
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Thank you Hoss429. The slips usually are put in the car with all the other flyers and literature that's put in the cars during the show.

I usually put one in each right after I complete all 3 pictures. If you could follow us around and do the slips, that would definitely save some serious time.

Another thing that I thought of that you could help with is try to get some of the show flyers being passed out--that's one of the main ways I find out about all the shows.
Old July 5th   #9
Munchie
Munchie
is purging all the poo out of his life!

Send a message via AIM to Munchie
SO THIS IS ONLY FOR OLDER CARS RIGHT?

Last edited by munchie; July 5th at 03:18 PM.
Munchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th   #10
HOSS429
HOSS429

fraid so. lots of cool bikes though and a great elvis show
Old July 5th   #11
HOSS429
HOSS429

i expected a quick response ( who is elvis)
Old July 5th   #12
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

haha...we're not all that young. Besides, this movies were hilarious and in some situations pretty risque even by modern standards.

The Decatur show is pre-1975 only. In other words, you have to be older than me.
Old July 6th   #13
Quinnsvw
Quinnsvw
has no status.
Hasn't Checked Email

so i cant put my jetta in the show?????
Quinnsvw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th   #14
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinnsvw
so i cant put my jetta in the show?????
Nope. I know a lot of people that would've entered their post 1975 cars if it was possible. I guess the show is just too large for that. Maybe another show needs to be held in conjunction with the Dephi show for all post 1975 cars.
Old July 7th   #15
HOSS429
HOSS429

two years ago there was a foreign (something) there but it had a blown gig block chevy motor
Old July 7th   #16
HOSS429
HOSS429

make that a big block motor. too early in the morning
Old July 8th   #17
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Well, due to a nice mechanical failure in my car (way to go Mitsubishi), I may not attend any event this weekend at all.

If I can find Mitsubishi part# md315301 tommorrow, and if that's the bad part, I may be able to go. Otherwise, I'll be under my car.
Old July 8th   #18
HOSS429
HOSS429

if the part can be bought used call john at complete auto 776-2951
Old July 8th   #19
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

It's a thermostat, so I really wouldn't want it used. I want one straight from Japan.

Just called Bill Penny and they've got 2 in stock! Time for me to get to work!
Old July 8th   #20
HOSS429
HOSS429

kool man (literally)