Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > Show and Shine

Show and Shine Post pictures, videos, and other stuff to look at

Old October 27th   #1
gnut
gnut
has no status.

A couple of pics of my Magnum SRT8 that I bagged.

Here's a few pics of my Magnum. I just got the 22's in September. I haven't really taken time to get any good pics of it.

Here's a pic where me and a group called TNMM - Tennessee Modern Mopars - drave Tail of the Dragon and the Cherohala Skyway October of 2009. There was 14 of us I believe.
. . JBA Cat-back exhaust . . C&L CAI
. . . 22" Viper Replicas, gunmetal grey w/ red pinstripe
...........Fun for the whole family
gnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th   #2
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

The 22s really set it off with the caliper color-matched lip. Looks great!
Old October 27th   #3
EvilZ
EvilZ
is around.

Looks good, are those viper wheels?

BTW Roll Tide!!! I saw this at one of the A&W shows I dropped by for.

Last edited by EvilZ; October 27th at 02:06 PM.
EvilZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th   #4
cheesepuff
cheesepuff
Says Roll Tide!!!

bada$$!!!!
cheesepuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th   #5
Wilson!
Wilson!
is wishing he was in a kayak on the river...

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilZ51 View Post
Looks good, are those viper wheels?

BTW Roll Tide!!! I saw this at one of the A&W shows I dropped by for.
look like srt10 truck re-pops

Last edited by Wilson!; October 27th at 09:52 PM.
Wilson! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th   #6
Munchie
Munchie
is purging all the poo out of his life!

Send a message via AIM to Munchie
Haha I have had numerous people send me pictures of your car and they asked me if I did the work. I love the way the dodges sit on air. Did you use the UAS (Universal Air Suspension) setup? That's what most Mopar guys are using. The setup they sell is pretty awesome. It not only makes the car look a thousand times better, but it also handles and rides better with the air setup. Very Clean I love that car.
04 Chevy Trailblazer EXT-family ride
06 Joyner 650 Sand Spider-The Buggy
68 VW Rail Buggy-CNC rail conversion 44" Rear Paddles
85 19ft Bayliner Capri
Munchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th   #7
Munchie
Munchie

Nevermind about my setup question.lol I just read your signature.
85 19ft Bayliner Capri
Old October 28th   #8
gnut
gnut
has no status.

Thanks for the comments!
The wheels are from Factory Reproductions http://www.factoryreproductions.com/...Viper-c151.htm They have a wide variety. Doug is who I dealt with. The best overall wheel buying experience. And over the years I've purchased A LOT of wheels from many different places; mail order and in-store. Great price too. I had a hard time deciding between the Flat Black and the Gunmetal Grey. The grey won; I figured if I get tired of the color I could powder coat them Flat Black or something.

I re-used most of the air ride kit from my bird.
I bought the EasyStreet air strut for the front. No dramas. The only thing is they don't lay as hard as the UAS kit will; about 2" difference and as ALL MEN KNOW EVERY INCH COUNTS. I didn't know about the difference in the drop before I bought them. I went with them because I got a good price on them from http://www.lowriderdepot.com/ and they have a 9 position adjustable dampener. I talked to EasyStreet about it and he gave me a reason. If I ever take the time I can modify the struts lower fork mount that's welded to the strut to give me a bit more available drop out of the front air strut.

In the rear I went with the UAS rear kit because it did give a little more drop. I didn't use the rear bags from my T-Bird because the diameter of the bags were a bit large and the ones UAS has for the LX cars are a small diameter; tight space in there at drop.
Old October 28th   #9
Munchie
Munchie

UAS makes a quality product for sure. I will be usuing the Airhouse bags on my Impala when the first of the year rolls around. I have installed a lot of setups and the Easystreet setup I had on my Galant was by far the most reliable I have had so far. I've done installs on many different types of vehicle also and the Airlift product seem to be the best for me. I am going to try out the Bags and brackets from UAS on my Impala, so I will be able to review them as well when the time comes. Like I said before though that Magnum is definatly sexy!
85 19ft Bayliner Capri
Old October 28th   #10
gnut
gnut
has no status.

Man, I really appreciate the kind words. Sounds like you got it going on in the realm of customs. Definite thumbs up. I don't like to work on cars if I have to...I love to work on them if its customizing. Go figure. On some of the LX fourms and such, and two of they guys I've become friends with, the really like the UAS from strut kit. I've been more than pleased though with mine from EasyStreet.

I know ChassisTech gets a lot of crap, but I ran their bolt-in AirBag Struts or airStrut on the front of my T-Bird 2 different times and had no dramas; very pleased. When I first bagged it I used them. Then after about 2 years I removed the air ride and sold those airstruts on BaggedBirds.com. I was hard core about buying a Black Cherry '96 Chevy Impala. Long story but it didn't pan out. So about a year later I re-installed all of my air ride, but had to purchase air struts again; so I went back to ChassisTech. Had them with no drama till I removed everything and installed what I could on the Magnum. Sold that set of air struts on BaggedBirds.com again.

I've seen pics around of your Galant; it's gotta be you cause I've never seen that body style bagged. I like it. Definitly different, a head turner.
Old October 29th   #11
Munchie
Munchie

Thanks man. My passion for the past 6 years has been suspensions. I have installed about 14 air setups on cars, 4 on trucks and a couple vans. That isn't including any of the static lowering or lifts that I have done in the past. I am actually starting an air setup today for a VW Jetta. I love everything about suspensions and all the components that make it work. I have personally owned a 93 Civic hatch, 96 Honda Accord, 92 Buick Roadmaster Estate Wagon, 85 Nissan 720 pickup, and 03 Galant which I did the installs on all but the truck. My nissan was built by Matt Inscho at Kustom Chop Shop in decatur. It had 9500 dollars in one off custom suspension. Now my current project is my 64 2 door Impala SS. Its my baby!lol I would love to see your car sometime in person. Maybe I can catch you out one of these days and track you down.
85 19ft Bayliner Capri
Old October 31st   #12
Beckham
Beckham
is at our new location in MADISON now!
Huntsville Car Scene Staff and Site Sponsor

Send a message via AIM to Beckham
That looks awesome!

There's a charcoal/gray Magnum on chrome wheels that is bagged that I've seen around Madison and HSV. I love these cars slammed.

www.facebook.com/TheSpeakerboxHSV
Beckham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd   #13
gnut
gnut
has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchie View Post
Thanks man. My passion for the past 6 years has been suspensions. I have installed about 14 air setups on cars, 4 on trucks and a couple vans. That isn't including any of the static lowering or lifts that I have done in the past. I am actually starting an air setup today for a VW Jetta. I love everything about suspensions and all the components that make it work. I have personally owned a 93 Civic hatch, 96 Honda Accord, 92 Buick Roadmaster Estate Wagon, 85 Nissan 720 pickup, and 03 Galant which I did the installs on all but the truck. My nissan was built by Matt Inscho at Kustom Chop Shop in decatur. It had 9500 dollars in one off custom suspension. Now my current project is my 64 2 door Impala SS. Its my baby!lol I would love to see your car sometime in person. Maybe I can catch you out one of these days and track you down.
Definitely need to catch up. Maybe a bunch of us can come together at a show. I'm planning on being at the Gadsden downtown monthly cruise-in this Friday.
Old November 2nd   #14
gnut
gnut
has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beckham View Post
That looks awesome!

There's a charcoal/gray Magnum on chrome wheels that is bagged that I've seen around Madison and HSV. I love these cars slammed.
Sweet! If I see'em out I'll have to give them a thumbs up.