Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage

Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage Find, discuss, and see event coverage from the past, present, and future

Old July 9th   #1
JayMack75
JayMack75
www.showstopperz.net

Send a message via AIM to JayMack75 Send a message via Yahoo to JayMack75
Cafe 302 Pictures

Hey Samir, I took a butt load of pictures out at cafe 302. All I have to do is get them off my camera and send them to you. Where ya want 'em?
Old July 9th   #2
firefighterposey
firefighterposey
has no status.
Hasn't Checked Email

cafe 302

Samir I was at cafe 302 I took about 150 pics for also ill transfer mine over to disk im not going to even try to e-mail that much. Just let me know when I can get with you to give you the disk.

P.s. met jaymack . sweet truck by the way

Firehouse Truckin President
Shawn Posey
firefighterposey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th   #3
JayMack75
JayMack75
www.showstopperz.net

Thanks so much man. I appreciate it. Yours is pretty sweet too. I love the strobes...I can't wait to get mine in...I feel lost without having my strobes. I guess between the pics you took and the ones I took Samir ought to have his hands full for a day or so...hehe
Old July 10th   #4
firefighterposey
firefighterposey
has no status.
Hasn't Checked Email

Talking I hear ya

as many as we took he may not want us helping anymore lmao
firefighterposey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th   #5
JayMack75
JayMack75
www.showstopperz.net

You may have a point there...lol
Old July 10th   #6
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Hey guys, thank you very much for the help. I really appreciate it. You guys get big browie points.

Just put them on CD straight from the camera and I'll handle the rest. I can even pull them right off the memory card if you want and then get the card back to you.

I've got both your phone numbers (now you know why it asks that when registering on the site) so I'll give you a call in the next few hours and we can figure out the details. Feel free to call me too, 615-512-5520, especially if I won't be able to reach you at the number in your profile. But my battery is a bit low so you might hit voice mail. Leave a message if you do and I'll call you back.
Samir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th   #7
JayMack75
JayMack75
www.showstopperz.net

My battery is low too, and thats the number you have. I will be at my office today watching the race at Chicagoland. You can stop by if you're in the neighborhood and I'll put them on CD. I have them on my laptop. Its Jailbusters right here on the corner of Cook and the Parkway. Between Krystal and Krispy Kreme...all the old ambulances (and yes the Ghostbusters 2 car too) are all over the place...if you can't find me...something is wrong. lol Try calling me first, if its dead just call 539-7788, i'll be here.
Old July 10th   #8
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Cool. I'll stop by. I've actually wondered about the Ghostbusters 2 car. Is that the real thing?
Old July 10th   #9
JayMack75
JayMack75
www.showstopperz.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samir
Cool. I'll stop by. I've actually wondered about the Ghostbusters 2 car. Is that the real thing?
Yep, it sure is...i think we got it from universal studios...or a guy that worked there...something like that
Old July 10th   #10
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Wow! We need to restore that and enter it into car shows!
Old July 10th   #11
JayMack75
JayMack75
www.showstopperz.net

oh no no no...That car is falling apart. Years of rust have taken its toll on it. I have only gotten it started one time and thats it. So much money would have to be sunk into that car to make it even remotely operable...now my ambulance...its in proper running order...i'm about to go outside and plug it up real quick (yes the car plugs into the wall...hehe) i'll show it to you when you get here
Old July 10th   #12
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Cool. I'm leaving in the next 5 minutes. Have to meet and s2000 buddy about the CD set for the SESM meet. Then I'll come see you and then I have to be in Madison to talk with some people about building a 1/4 dragstrip in our area.
Old July 10th   #13
Munchie
Munchie
is purging all the poo out of his life!

Send a message via AIM to Munchie
Quote:
Cool. I'm leaving in the next 5 minutes. Have to meet and s2000 buddy about the CD set for the SESM meet. Then I'll come see you and then I have to be in Madison to talk with some people about building a 1/4 dragstrip in our area.
DID I HEAR 1/4 MILE DRAGSTRIP? DETAILS????????
Munchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th   #14
acc14
acc14
has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by munchie

My first post, but hell yeah. I would love to see a 1/4 mile dragstrip around Huntsville/Decatur.

Samir, were you out shooting photos of the cars/mustangs in front of Michaels last night/Saturday in Decatur(behind Steak and Shake). If so I'm the guy that thought I had a membership here, but couldn't remember for sure. I had the white 92 mustang with white pony's. Oh, and I guess I did have a membership here after all lol... Please inform me of the 1/4 mile track possibility. My friend and I get tired of having to drive almost two hours to the nearest track. All the 1/8th mile track does for me is tease me. It leaves me wondering what I'd ran in the 1/4.

Later,
Adam

Last edited by acc14; July 10th at 08:27 PM.
acc14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th   #15
cowgirlzrule1
cowgirlzrule1
has no status.
Hasn't Checked Email

Send a message via AIM to cowgirlzrule1 Send a message via Yahoo to cowgirlzrule1
Quote:
Originally Posted by munchie

http://www.huntsvillecarscene.com/sh...=street+racing
cowgirlzrule1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th   #16
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Hey man it was great meeting you and hanging out for a bit. Next time we'll get the caddie cranked.

You won't believe this, but you may have the missing Ecto-1a. Check this out:
http://www.geocities.com/whereectos/Where2

If this is the case, we definitely can get some help to save this car.

Some other good Ghostbuster links:
http://archive.ghostbusters.net/
http://forums.ghostbusters.net/index.php
http://backecto1.tripod.com/Ectodir.html
http://www.ghostbustershq.com/
http://www.gbproject.com/
Old July 11th   #17
JayMack75
JayMack75
www.showstopperz.net

Quote:
Hey man it was great meeting you and hanging out for a bit. Next time we'll get the caddie cranked.

You won't believe this, but you may have the missing Ecto-1a. Check this out:
http://www.geocities.com/whereectos/Where2

If this is the case, we definitely can get some help to save this car.
I enjoyed it as well, especially tossing around the ideas, you've definately got some good ones and if I can ever be of any assistance I'll certainly do whatever I am able to. I think I got Ecto-2. I think the ecto-1 was a 59-60 caddy. The one we have is newer than a 60. I need to go get that wire replaced on mine, then maybe she'll run better, and when she gets started that system only gets better...yesterday was just minimum power.
Old July 11th   #18
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

I liked the ideas too. I think there's a lot that can be done in this area. I'll definitely keep you mind for any help.

Whatever Ecto it is, it definitely would be a nice show car. Imagine driving around Huntsville in that on Halloween dressed up in the costumes. Heck you could even set it up as a Halloween Limosine for trick-or-treaters. I'm sure you could make a bundle on that during the holiday.

Once that wire is good, let me know. I'd love to see that caddy all decked out, especially at night with all the lights. And we'll never get stuck in traffic--just hit the lights and siren.
Old July 11th   #19
JayMack75
JayMack75
www.showstopperz.net

Aint that the truth!! We've done special stuff like that...picking kids up from school on their birthday...we've done some halloween stuff, and I even had someone ask me to pick someone up on a practical joke/bachelor party type thing. I'll let you know when that is fixed, and I might just go ahead and bring it out to a show one day soon...maybe even the hooters show coming up this weekend.
Old July 11th   #20
acc14
acc14
has no status.

Exclamation

Samir,
I know I'm new here, but I would like to help, in any way I can, to get something going for a 1/4 mile track. I'm almost certain my friend would to. We both hate running at a "half-a-track" 1/8th. If you could use another hand, signature, etc... give me an email: stangadam@yahoo.com
I'd be more than happy to do what I can.

Let me know,
Adam
acc14 is offline   Reply With Quote