Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage

Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage Find, discuss, and see event coverage from the past, present, and future

Old July 17th   #1
JoshB187
JoshB187
has no status.

Track Masters

I have dealt with this place in the past... I dont like the quality of work... i just figured i would start a post and see what every one else thought about them... Author just dont seem like he cares about the finished product as much as he does the money.
JoshB187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th   #2
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshB187
I have dealt with this place in the past... I dont like the quality of work... i just figured i would start a post and see what every one else thought about them... Author just dont seem like he cares about the finished product as much as he does the money.
You have to be careful when stating something about a company on a public forum like this. It is important to note that talking negatively about a company it is no different than talking negatively about a person, and so this post is in violation of section 5.a.2 of the Terms of Service for this site.

That being said, everyone has their opinion about different places and the work involved. I know a lot of products and services that have not be satisfactory to me, but I only post about the products and services that I would recommend to others. There will always be someone that is satisfied and someone that is not. It is impossible as a business owner to keep every customer happy. In the end, if you have more satisfied customers than disatisfied, and a positive cash flow, then you will stay in business.

A thread that asks others' experience with a particular product or service would be fine. A thread about recommended places to have a particular type of work done works well as well.
Samir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th   #3
JoshB187
JoshB187
has no status.

this was more or less directed as a conversation peice about people who have delt with them. not nesaceraly aimed at cuting the place down. i was just wondering if any one has had the same problems as i have.
Old July 18th   #4
Nevr2loS10
Nevr2loS10
has no status.

Send a message via AIM to Nevr2loS10
arthur lives 2 doors down from me...hes a really cool guy....I dont have an import so I have no reason to deal w/ him for anything but all my friends that have had work done w/ him have no problems out of anything...my buddy has 2 cars w/ motor swaps that arthur has done the work and both the cars run great and he stands behind his work if something wasnt right it can be taken back to him to be looked over...maybe he just didnt like you lol....did you just deal w/ him once and have a bad experience or more than once?

Body dropped 84 s10 and 20s for sale hit me up if interested
Nevr2loS10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th   #5
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
this was more or less directed as a conversation peice about people who have delt with them. not nesaceraly aimed at cuting the place down. i was just wondering if any one has had the same problems as i have.
Cool. I know that's what you meant, but some may have taken your post as knocking them.

What exactly is the type of work you had done?
Old July 18th   #6
JoshB187
JoshB187
has no status.

no its not me that has delt with him. i have sent a few of my costomers to him. i just wasnt satisfied with his work...
Old July 18th   #7
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Ahh, I see. What type of work was it exactly?
Old July 18th   #8
Munchie
Munchie
is purging all the poo out of his life!

Send a message via AIM to Munchie
I love the work that he does. Like Kerry said my brother has 2 cars that Art did swaps in, 1: 92 hatch b16 2: 92 hatch LS, as well as worked on his 00' si and never has he had a problem out of him. I personnally have had him do some work on my prelude when i had it, also same results, no problem at all. He even did the gauge setup in my jetta, and i accually had a problem with it not wanting to light up properly, but i called him and he got me in right away and resolved the problem with no charge to me. I would stand my Art on all him work done to my familys cars, not to mention all the friends that i have that go to him. I plan on having him do all the work to my hatch when i get it, sometime around the beginning of the year.
Munchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th   #9
JoshB187
JoshB187
has no status.

well it was an 86 accord 4door... 1st he had a b18c droped in and super charged.. then the replaced the super with turbo.. now the block is cracked and lots of other stuff has gone wrong with this car. i just wasnt impressed with the quailty of work.

i was also the sorry s.o.b. who bought his blue 92 civic hatch... blew the b16a in it about a week later... like i said i have no problem with author as he is a decent guy.. but i am just not so sure about his work...

Last edited by JoshB187; July 19th at 10:21 PM.
Old July 19th   #10
pvteye
pvteye
has no status.

do not know about his work, have only used his dyno, however How is he responsible for a cracked block or someone going out an blowing up civic?
04 MystiChrome Vert #423 1 of 495 Verts
K&N FIPK/ BBK Inlet Tube / MagnaFlow CatBack / RWTD Tune / Mac catted ProChamber
445.9 RWHP 417.9 RWTQ SAE Corrected
pvteye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th   #11
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvteye
do not know about his work, have only used his dyno, however How is he responsible for a cracked block or someone going out an blowing up civic?
If the cars were tuned, that should not have happenned. Bad tuning can kill engines, especially when they are on the top edge of performance.
Old July 20th   #12
JoshB187
JoshB187
has no status.

yes exaclty... i was just driving the civic normaly and the engine blew.. acualy the retainer broke and droped a valve in the number 3 piston... and the accord wasnt tuned properly

Last edited by JoshB187; July 20th at 03:26 AM.
Old July 20th   #13
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Now, used cars and engines are prone to part failures which can lead to catestrophic failures, so the civic may not have been a tuning issue. My Accord started spewing oil shortly after I bought it. Looks like it's a seal by the oil pump. Any used car can come with a host of issues even when they seem fine. The original owner usually gets rid of a car for a reason.
Old July 20th   #14
Munchie
Munchie

Quote:
well it was an 86 accord 4door... 1st he had a b18c droped in and super charged.. then the replaced the super with turbo.. now the block is cracked and lots of other stuff has gone wrong with this car. i just wasnt impressed with the quailty of work.

i was also the sorry s.o.b. who bought his blue 92 civic hatch... blew the b16a in it about a week later... like i said i have no problem with author as he is a decent guy.. but i am just not so sure about his work...
I know the accord that you are talking about, and that guy put alot of money in that car. Why i dont know, but first mistake was the car. I do agree with wanting to be different but wasn't that car an lx to begin with? if so then that means that it started out as a carborated car. and if not it was at least an lxi which was still pre obd. that car was clean and i appreciated everything done to it. but you can not expect to not have problems out of that old of a car. Not only with a motor swap, that took forever to do i am sure, but i bet it was also hard as H*@L to do the swap itself, not to mention supercharge it. I say give the man credit for even taking on an experience such as that.

Oh and i know the civic that you bought, I was going to try and get some money for it before i bought my car. But my g\f would not let me get it, she is anal about getting a car that already has a swap because of the previous driver factor. but you cant tell me that you never got on the throttle of that car either, lol i know i would have, you never know about the cars previous history. That b16 could have come out of a civic si\del sol that was pushed to the limit numerous times by the previous owner!!! All i am saying is that there are a number of things that could have been the factor of the accords demise. and the civic i can understand why you would be upset, but what can you do. that really sucks about the accord i really liked that car. is the civic running now or is it just been junked or sold. if you still have it and just want to get rid of the body let me know.
04 Chevy Trailblazer EXT-family ride
06 Joyner 650 Sand Spider-The Buggy
68 VW Rail Buggy-CNC rail conversion 44" Rear Paddles
85 19ft Bayliner Capri

Last edited by munchie; July 20th at 02:50 PM.
Old July 20th   #15
JoshB187
JoshB187
has no status.

civic has a d15b7 in it now and it is sold... the accord was the lx model. acualy my dad did the 1st swap and sent it to author for final setup and tuning. after the tuning author blew that engine, he replaced it free of charge, after all of this the car is now turbo'd runnin 18 psi on low... with close to 350 at the wheels if i rember right. but after about a week of driving the number 2 cylinder wall devolped a hair line fracture. he also has a nice set of wilwood brakes on it now. but it is in i want to say birmingham geting fully redone by a race shop. i cant rember the name of the shop.
Old January 2nd   #16
1badsol
1badsol
has no status.
Hasn't Checked Email

a load of shit

ok I guess we are free to post our opinions....trackmasters is a load of crap. He runs a car one time on the dyno, tells you your "hp" then you go no your way. No tuning involved....I mean look at his drag car for christ sake. A full out, tubbed and gutted...on slick, with a wheelie bar..lol...only pulls an 11.6 at its fastest. I am sorry I run a 12.1 at 10lbs....on street tires, with full interior.

Two of my friends went to trackmasters and both cars have blow up numerous times... As far as the famous supra, well he didn't get it tuned their, just did a dyno pull to show off.

People have their own opinion, and this is mine...you can see for yourself
1badsol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd   #17
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1badsol
ok I guess we are free to post our opinions....trackmasters is a load of crap. He runs a car one time on the dyno, tells you your "hp" then you go no your way. No tuning involved....I mean look at his drag car for christ sake. A full out, tubbed and gutted...on slick, with a wheelie bar..lol...only pulls an 11.6 at its fastest. I am sorry I run a 12.1 at 10lbs....on street tires, with full interior.

Two of my friends went to trackmasters and both cars have blow up numerous times... As far as the famous supra, well he didn't get it tuned their, just did a dyno pull to show off.

I understand that this is your opinion, but the way you have worded it and the language which you have used makes this post in violation of section 5.a.2 of the Terms of Service for this site.

Again, it is important to stress that posting opinions of a company should be approached with the same care as posting opinions about a person. Please keep that in mind when posting.
Old January 2nd   #18
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1badsol

I recently saw the Accord while at the H2O Tuning dyno day. The brakes caught my eye.
Old January 2nd   #19
Munchie
Munchie

Well We have 3 cars built\tuned by Arthur at Trackmasters, And all of them run wonderful. I like the work that Arthur does and I will definetly go back to him! But that is my $0.02. And as for the Dyno thing, Arthur offers different types of dynos. If you just want your HP\Torque Then that is what you pay for, or you can pay for TUNING\HP\Torque. It is all about how much money you want to spend.
04 Chevy Trailblazer EXT-family ride
06 Joyner 650 Sand Spider-The Buggy
68 VW Rail Buggy-CNC rail conversion 44" Rear Paddles
85 19ft Bayliner Capri
Old January 2nd   #20
JayMack75
JayMack75
www.showstopperz.net

Send a message via AIM to JayMack75 Send a message via Yahoo to JayMack75
Quote:
Originally Posted by munchie
It is all about how much money you want to spend.
You get what you pay for...