Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage

Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage Find, discuss, and see event coverage from the past, present, and future

Grissom Football Car Show
Calendar: Events Calendar
Samir
Administrator

May 7th 10:00 AM to 01:30 PM
*The times shown may change, depending on DST settings
Where: Grissom High School, 7901 Bailey Cove Road Southeast, Huntsville

From the flyer:

Registration is $20 and includes a t-shirt. Registration ends at 11:30a. Classes include:
  • Trucks
  • 4x4's
  • Hot Rods
  • Corvettes 53-62
  • Corvettes 63-82
  • Corvettes 83-present
  • Muscle 50's
  • Muscle 60's-70's
  • Muscle 80's-90's
  • Muscle 2000-present
  • Motorcycles
Awards are at 1:30p for 1st and 2nd in each class as well as:
  • Coaches Choice
  • Principal BT Drake's Choice
  • Participants Choice
  • Spectators Choice
In addition to the show there will be a 50/50 drawing, food, and entertainment.

100% of the proceeds to support the athletes & the facilities of Grissom High School football program.

Click here to see the gallery. Buy photo prints and gifts!
All proceeds help pay Huntsville Car Scene bills.

A good turnout for this annual show, especially considering all the tragedy in the area caused by last week's tornado outbreak. The weather was next to perfect with enough clouds overhead to keep the heat from bearing down and a slight breeze to keep things cool. The new location works well, providing a nice grassy lawn and high visibility to the passing traffic on Bailey Cove Road.

Several cars were from out of state, and a 402 Heavy Chevy from Mississippi took home a trophy.

Rotorless7 swung by before hitting some yard work on a newly purchased house. But you can't keep the good ones away--once his hood was open, the crowd gathered to see what's special about this very clean 3rd gen rx7. It was great to see you again Chris! It's been too long. You definitely have to get out once a month with the car.

hospowr brought out his Boss Hoss to take 1st place in the bike class. And he brought his other half too that rides what would be the polar opposite of a Boss Hoss. Great to see you both!

See everyone next year!
3 members will be attending this event:

Old May 2nd   #2
cruel1hemi
cruel1hemi
has no status.

Send a message via Yahoo to cruel1hemi
Anyword on this show?

Member of the Board of Directors - HemiTruckClub.com
cruel1hemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd   #3
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Nothing yet.
Old May 4th   #4
cruel1hemi
cruel1hemi
has no status.

The show is on for saturday. Most of the proceeds from the show will go to a charity to help the tornado victims. They are not sure of which charity yet.

Old May 7th   #5
badgirl69nova
badgirl69nova
shining chrome for this weekends shows...

Wink Grissom High Football Car Show Today

For those of you that could not attend or just didn't... It was a gorgeous morning and afternoon for the car show. The Grissom Tigers did an awesome job organizing their event and it was a lot of fun as always getting to meet everyone at the event. My Nova didn't place but those that did get awards deserved them!!! Samir!!! It was nice meetin ya man! Hope to see ya at other shows. Can't wait to see the pics you took today!

Bout to head out again this evenin to the Hardee's maybe we will see ya'll there...

Just remember...

BAD GIRLS DRIVE MUSCLE CARS!
badgirl69nova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th   #6
HOSS429
HOSS429
not getting old .getting better

did not see this .. i would have come by .. i was in town anyway at the stang show ..
HOSS429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th   #7
hospowr
hospowr
is enjoying retirement.

Good show today with good particpants...I really enjoyed it and it was well organized.

Go Tigers...
hospowr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th   #8
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgirl69nova View Post
Samir!!! It was nice meetin ya man! Hope to see ya at other shows. Can't wait to see the pics you took today!
It was great to meet you too. Look for the pics this week. I'm going to start rolling on them again if I can figure out something for a replacement Fast Five event. I think a lot of people still haven't seen the movie, and were really looking forward to the event. Plus, a lot more people from Atlanta should be available.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOONW1 View Post
did not see this .. i would have come by .. i was in town anyway at the stang show ..
It was a good one. Definitely not as big as the Mustang show, but there were some Fords present that didn't even know about the Mustang show.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hospowr View Post
Good show today with good particpants...I really enjoyed it and it was well organized.
Great to see you and your better half out riding.
Old May 8th   #9
1 BAD Z
1 BAD Z
got'em hatin'

All muscle show... Boo that

Common sense isn't a common virtue.

Link to the Nissan/Infiniti group page:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/154828527932506/
1 BAD Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th   #10
badgirl69nova
badgirl69nova
shining chrome for this weekends shows...

Hos- yes beautiful bike, loved her scooter too.

Samir take your time on the pics, I took a couple too and will post them here when I get a chance but I didnt take too many.

Last nights cruise in at Hardee's was fun too. A lot of the same people from the grissom show came by to win a second trophy for the day. My husband beat me out with his 71 pontiac lemans convertible. Guess who won't be helping him clean up his car again! LOLOLOLOL It was still a lot of fun.

Samir has anyone given you information about a GoodGuys Carshow in Nashville yet. I don't have the flier right in my hand right this second but I will be sure to post about the show sometime today. Hubby and I WILL be going to that one. Its a 3 day event as well, just can't remember the details or the dates.
badgirl69nova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th   #11
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 BAD Z View Post
All muscle show... Boo that
It wasn't all muscle. There was one of the most customized Civics you will ever see present.
Old May 8th   #12
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Samir take your time on the pics, I took a couple too and will post them here when I get a chance but I didnt take too many.
I'm going to try to have everything up from the weekend in the next day or so, and then updates every 2-3 days of events from this year that haven't been posted. That is, if I don't figure out a new Fast Five premiere event by the weekend. Some things are falling into place without me even working on it, so we'll see. Either way, this weekends coverage will be up this week, probably by Weds at the latest.

And be sure to post up what you took. It's always good to see other people's shots from events.
Quote:
Last nights cruise in at Hardee's was fun too. A lot of the same people from the grissom show came by to win a second trophy for the day. My husband beat me out with his 71 pontiac lemans convertible. Guess who won't be helping him clean up his car again! LOLOLOLOL It was still a lot of fun.
The Athens cruise-in was packed too. You can see why a lot of events have moved away from trophies to door prizes? If you've got a nice vehicle, you'll have a closet full of trophies in no time. Door prizes are more useful.
Quote:
Samir has anyone given you information about a GoodGuys Carshow in Nashville yet. I don't have the flier right in my hand right this second but I will be sure to post about the show sometime today. Hubby and I WILL be going to that one. Its a 3 day event as well, just can't remember the details or the dates.
I haven't gotten any information on it, and you're welcome to post it on the calendar when you get some info.

I typically won't seek out information about events outside of a 50 mile range unless a significant number of people are caravaning or going. I have my hands full just with the local events and organizations.
Old May 8th   #13
1 BAD Z
1 BAD Z
got'em hatin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samir View Post
It wasn't all muscle. There was one of the most customized Civics you will ever see present.
Well the classes were muscle and truck lol. Was the Civic Meleana's?

Old May 8th   #14
cruel1hemi
cruel1hemi
has no status.

It was the one with the BMW front end and Mustang tail lights.....

Old May 8th   #15
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 BAD Z View Post
Well the classes were muscle and truck lol. Was the Civic Meleana's?
Nope its the one Cruel mentioned. A LOT of custom work.
Old May 9th   #16
1 BAD Z
1 BAD Z
got'em hatin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruel1hemi View Post
It was the one with the BMW front end and Mustang tail lights.....
No comment on that car