Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > Show and Shine

Show and Shine Post pictures, videos, and other stuff to look at

Old January 25th   #1
Beckham
Beckham
is at our new location in MADISON now!
Huntsville Car Scene Staff and Site Sponsor

Send a message via AIM to Beckham
2011 Pagani Huayra - Zonda Replacement

The Zonda's replacement. Twin-turbo 6.0L Mercedes V12, 700 BHP, 740 FT-LBS of torque. I'm pretty sure "Huayra" is Argentinian local dialect for "cat fish".

www.facebook.com/TheSpeakerboxHSV
Beckham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th   #2
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

The interior reminds me of a Spyker. I love the rear split spoilers helping turning by increasing drag. I thought of that years ago and then said, 'nahh'. I guess I should've patented it.
Old January 26th   #3
Beckham
Beckham

It has active front and rear spoilers.

Old March 9th   #4
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

I just got a brochure for this in the mail from the dealer in CA where I got my Boxster. The brochure reads slightly differently on the power specs, but not by much--"over 700hp and 730 pounds of torque. All that power is sent to the rear wheels via an X-trac 7-speed sequential transmisson and pushes the car from 0 to 60 in under three seconds. The Huayra features a carbon-titanium chassis, forged aluminum alloy suspension, specially developed Pirelli tires, Bosch electronics and emissions that make it the first Pagani to be sold in America that also meets future Euro5 stndards for CO2 output and fuel consumption.

The Huayra follows in the footsteps of the Zonda with gullwing doors, but not its rear wing. Developed over the last 5 years, the Huayra's innvative construction and aerodynamic shape weighs in around 2700 pounds and can achieve speeds of around 220 mph. The Pagani Huayra will be limited to only 40 cars per year, produced in a brand new Italian factory, making it one of the most exclusive and fastest supercars in the world. Full scale production has already begun and we expect delivery by the end of 2011."

I've got a phone number and sales person to contact. I'm curious to ask him what the price and eta will be once you order one.
Old March 9th   #5
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

And because they're also a dealership for the other usual exotics, they've got some interesting information on the new Porsche 918 RSR hybrid as well as the new Ferrari FF.

"Porsche marked its return to the Detroit auto show on Monday with the unveiling of a new motorsports-inspired concept of the 918--the company's two-seat supercar first revealed in road-going spyder form at last year's Geneva motor show.

Called the Porsche 918 RSR, this new advanced gasoline-electric-powered coupe closely previews a new series-production-based race car under development at Porsche Motorsport, which is eyeing a full-fledged, factory-backed return to the famed Le Mans 24-hour race in 2012, according to new Porsche chairman Mathias Mueller.

The Le Mans link is enforced by Porsche's decision to provide its latest concept with the number 22--the race number used by Helmut Marko and Gijs van Lennep in their victory in the 24-hour classic in 1971 at an average speed of 138.3 mph, for a total distance of 3,315.9 miles, a record that stood for 39 years until Audi's victory in 2010.

In addition to pointing toward a future race car, the 918 RSR also provides clues to the appearance of a new coupe version of the 918, which is set to be produced alongside the open-top model at Porsche's Leipzig factory in Germany beginning in 2013.

Successor to the Carrera GT, the 918 is based around a lightweight carbon-fiber monocoque and uses a mid-engine mechanical layout enhanced by the addition of two electric motors mounted within the front axle assembly.

Powering the 918 RSR is a high-tech gasoline-electric drive system that borrows engineering solutions from the Porsche 911 GT3 RS hybrid, as campaigned by the German carmaker in various events during 2010, including the famed Nürburgring 24-hour race.

Primary propulsion is provided by a mid-mounted 4.5-liter V8 gasoline engine that kicks out 565 hp at a searing 10,300 rpm and provides drive exclusively to the rear wheels. It is a development of the unit used by Porsche in the earlier 918 Spyder, but with an extra 800 rpm at the top end, it produces an added 65 hp in race trim.

The gasoline engine is supported by a pair of brushless electric motors integrated into the front axle, where they develop a combined 204 hp and channel drive through a torque-vectoring device to the front wheels--in the process providing the new concept with four-wheel-drive compatibility."

Very interesting adaptation of the hybrid concept. 2011 will be an interest year at the Petit Le Mans if this car is there.
Old March 9th   #6
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

"Ferrari.com, has revealed the first photographs of the new FF, the company’s most powerful, versatile four-seater ever, as well as its first ever four-wheel drive car.

The FF – an acronym for Ferrari Four (four seats and four-wheel drive) – ushers in an entirely new GT sports car concept. This new V12 melds to an unprecedented level an extremely sporty, high-performance character with incredible versatility, superb comfort and sophisticated elegance, guaranteeing both driver and passengers an absolutely unique driving experience.

Designed by Pininfarina, the shape and proportions perfectly interpret the FF’s harmonious blend of sporting DNA and extraordinary usability.

The FF features the company’s first ever four-wheel drive system. Ferrari’s exclusive, patented 4RM (4-wheel drive) weighs 50 percent less than a conventional 4-wheel-drive system, maintaining perfect weight distribution.

Exceptional performance levels come courtesy of the new 6,262 cc direct injection engine (660 CV at 8,000 rpm) with a transaxle dual-clutch F1 gearbox offers stunning acceleration figures (0-100 km/h in 3.7 sec.). The new model’s class-leading weight-to-power ratio of 2.7 kg/CV, along with its ideal weight distribution, ensures exceptionally responsive handling. The result is that owners will be able to enjoy the FF’s prowess over a wide range of uses: city driving, on low grip or snow-covered surfaces and on the track.

The FF, which will make its official debut at the March Geneva Motor Show."

It reminds me of a large BMW z3 coupe. I wonder if Ferrari got the awd system from Maserati.
Old March 10th   #7
Minichado
Minichado
could use a mental health day

While I appreciate the car for what it is, that has got to be the worst interior I have ever seen. I mean, super cars should be obnoxious looking on the outside, as they should turn heads. But if you are driving the thing, wouldn't you want a nicer view?

Just my humble opinion... Also, is it pronounced "Hayeuruuuaaahh?"
^.^
Minichado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th   #8
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minichado View Post
While I appreciate the car for what it is, that has got to be the worst interior I have ever seen. I mean, super cars should be obnoxious looking on the outside, as they should turn heads. But if you are driving the thing, wouldn't you want a nicer view?
The interior design feels to me like it's almost coming from another car, specifically the Spyker. It's too shiny and too 'function following form' for me. Which is odd, because the exterior of the car is almost the complete opposite--purposeful lines, no-nonsense styling, simple, clean, to-the-point.

Quote:
Just my humble opinion... Also, is it pronounced "Hayeuruuuaaahh?"
^.^
There was a pronunciation guide on the brochure. I'll have to post it when I get back home.
Old March 10th   #9
Minichado
Minichado
could use a mental health day

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samir View Post
The interior design feels to me like it's almost coming from another car, specifically the Spyker. It's too shiny and too 'function following form' for me. Which is odd, because the exterior of the car is almost the complete opposite--purposeful lines, no-nonsense styling, simple, clean, to-the-point.
Exactly that. It just clashes with the exterior to me. BTW, I googled spyker interior, I think this is worse, but on the same lines

Quote:
There was a pronunciation guide on the brochure. I'll have to post it when I get back home.
I was just thinking of Jeremy Clarkson when I wrote that :P
this
Minichado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th   #10
Beckham
Beckham

I love the interior. Seems very futuristic and supercar-esque to me.

Old March 10th   #11
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Exactly that. It just clashes with the exterior to me. BTW, I googled spyker interior, I think this is worse, but on the same lines
The only reason I say Spyker is because I saw one at the LA auto show a couple of years back (pics in the backlog of stuff to process). The shifter alone captivated me, but for two reasons. One is because it truly was a piece of art. And the second was that it pretty much bordered on not being functional. It had a real Rube Goldburg sense of styling.
Old March 10th   #12
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beckham View Post
Seems very futuristic...
But futuristic usually equates to dated really quickly. I'd rather have something a bit more just pure function.
Old March 12th   #13
Beckham
Beckham

Quote:
The only reason I say Spyker is because I saw one at the LA auto show a couple of years back (pics in the backlog of stuff to process). The shifter alone captivated me, but for two reasons. One is because it truly was a piece of art. And the second was that it pretty much bordered on not being functional. It had a real Rube Goldburg sense of styling.
Yeah, I saw a Spyker at the Audi dealership and that shifter is insane looking. Made me wanna drive it to see how it worked.

Old March 12th   #14
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beckham View Post
Yeah, I saw a Spyker at the Audi dealership and that shifter is insane looking. Made me wanna drive it to see how it worked.
So you've seen it too! It does make you want to drive it just to see the art in action.
Old March 12th   #15
Beckham
Beckham

Yeah, I saw it when Kosmo told me it was at the dealership. The owner was looking at the R8 they had.