Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > Show and Shine

Show and Shine Post pictures, videos, and other stuff to look at

Old January 29th   #1
Bmanxer
Bmanxer
needs to cut some fenders to lay his baby out!

Chrome Valve Covers

So, it's my truck's twentieth birthday. Rather than baking a cake and blowing it some candles I put on some chrome parts instead

Who would have thought that changing valve covers could take seven hours?

Chrome Valve Covers and Breather

"I don't care how many times I've heard "I'm done," no one is ever done. You are in this for life. Come girlfriends, wives, kids, or even unemployment, your heart will always be in love with wheels. And so will the rest of us. We all share the same disease."
"Wise men aren't really wise--they've just been around long enough to see everything!"

Last edited by Bmanxer; January 29th at 06:18 PM.
Bmanxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th   #2
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Those look great! I was wondering what you were doing today, lol. I was out rotating tires on the Accord. Looks like we both got some stuff done.

It's going to be nice tommorrow (today) too. Let me know if you want to get together and work on computer stuff.
Old January 30th   #3
Bmanxer
Bmanxer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samir View Post
Those look great! I was wondering what you were doing today, lol. I was out rotating tires on the Accord. Looks like we both got some stuff done.

It's going to be nice tommorrow (today) too. Let me know if you want to get together and work on computer stuff.
Now that you mention it, my tires on my truck could probably use a rotation...however they all seem to wear fairly even...strange
"I don't care how many times I've heard "I'm done," no one is ever done. You are in this for life. Come girlfriends, wives, kids, or even unemployment, your heart will always be in love with wheels. And so will the rest of us. We all share the same disease."
"Wise men aren't really wise--they've just been around long enough to see everything!"
Old January 31st   #4
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmanxer View Post
Now that you mention it, my tires on my truck could probably use a rotation...however they all seem to wear fairly even...strange
That is kinda strange. You've lowered it right? How the alignment on the front?

My Accord actually eats front tires because something is off on the alignment. Everytime I squeal tires around a corner, it only uses the inside rib, and hence wears that quicker. Plus, I don't get as much grip.
Old February 1st   #5
Bmanxer
Bmanxer

Quote:
That is kinda strange. You've lowered it right? How the alignment on the front?

My Accord actually eats front tires because something is off on the alignment. Everytime I squeal tires around a corner, it only uses the inside rib, and hence wears that quicker. Plus, I don't get as much grip.
Yep, 3" in front 4" in the rear. Alignment, camber, caster, toe in, all perfect. Have you taken the accord for an alignment lately bro?
Old February 1st   #6
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Nah, I don't let anyone drive my car, and most alignment places won't let you drive onto their rack. I'll find a place eventually. Or I'll use the methods in the factory service manual or the string method.
Old February 1st   #7
Bmanxer
Bmanxer

Quote:
Nah, I don't let anyone drive my car, and most alignment places won't let you drive onto their rack. I'll find a place eventually. Or I'll use the methods in the factory service manual or the string method.
If that ain't true love with your car...I don't know what is...
Old February 3rd   #8
cLc
cLc
is fighting the man~!
Huntsville Car Scene Site Sponsor

Send a message via AIM to cLc

^I thought it was cool with the chrome to begin with, but I hate it now. I'm getting all of the chrome taken off of mine. But then again, V8's are made for chrome! =D
cLc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th   #9
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

I would go with a body colored cover. That inlaid with carbon fibre on the center.
Old February 4th   #10
Bmanxer
Bmanxer

cLc, I kinda agree with Sam's idea. Body color with a carbon fiber inlay down the center would probably look pretty friggin sweet. BTW I DO like your AC hoses. Where/how'd you get those done?
Old February 4th   #11
Bmanxer
Bmanxer

I also only put the chromies on mine because NOBODY sells brand new OEM rocker arm covers for my truck. I had no option BUT to purchase the edelbrocks...which I found out later didn't have baffles in them, so I had to purchase some rubber grommet/baffles.
Old February 4th   #12
Bmanxer
Bmanxer

Also shown in the photo are the edelbrock "T.E.S" (aren't all headers tubular exhaust systems?...just sayin') CERAMIC COATED HEADERS. This photo is nearly 3 years to date since they were installed. The rust started 6 months after I installed them. Whiskey Tango Foxtrot.
Old February 4th   #13
cLc
cLc
is fighting the man~!
Huntsville Car Scene Site Sponsor

Send a message via AIM to cLc
Quote:
cLc, I kinda agree with Sam's idea. Body color with a carbon fiber inlay down the center would probably look pretty friggin sweet. BTW I DO like your AC hoses. Where/how'd you get those done?
Those are actually not A/C lines if you are taking about the 2 lines coming from the back of the motor. They are for my Oil Catch Can, they connect to the breather's on the back of my valve covers.

I thought about doing them body color with CF plug valley cover, but decided to go a different way and color under the hood. I'm hoping to get the valve and plug valley cover sent off in the next week or 2.
cLc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th   #14
Bmanxer
Bmanxer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cLc View Post
Those are actually not A/C lines if you are taking about the 2 lines coming from the back of the motor. They are for my Oil Catch Can, they connect to the breather's on the back of my valve covers.

I thought about doing them body color with CF plug valley cover, but decided to go a different way and color under the hood. I'm hoping to get the valve and plug valley cover sent off in the next week or 2.
Oh, coulda fooled me They look like they run to an AC condenser.
Old February 7th   #15
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot.
This is the most creative way I've ever seen someone express themselves without going over the line. Brownie points for creativity. Just keep Section 5.a.2 in mind when posting.

I don't think the kiddies will get this one...unless it's already been used on Spongebob...
Old February 13th   #16
Bmanxer
Bmanxer

Quote:
This is the most creative way I've ever seen someone express themselves without going over the line. Brownie points for creativity. Just keep Section 5.a.2 in mind when posting.

I don't think the kiddies will get this one...unless it's already been used on Spongebob...
LOL, with the way cartoons are nowadays it wouldn't surprise me if they used full bore cursewords...