Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage

Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage Find, discuss, and see event coverage from the past, present, and future

The 2011 Huntsville Car and Bike Scene Summit
Calendar: Events Calendar
Samir
Administrator

February 25th 06:00 PM to 08:00 PM
*The times shown may change, depending on DST settings
Where: 88 Buffet, 6125 University Dr, Huntsville www.88buffet.com

This summit meeting is being called for all the key individuals that make this enthusiast scene what it is. I want as many of the club presidents, key organizers, and the other leaders of this scene to sit down and have a 'show and tell' where each organization tells the rest of the scene what they are doing, what their challenges are, what their accolades are, and where they could use some help. These words put it best:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlaw77lt View Post
Every club has different knowlege on what has worked for them and allowed them to grow. With all of that in one pot everyone will leave there with fresh ideas as individual car clubs, and as members of the general car scene as a whole.
This will also be a networking opportunity for the leaders of the scene to meet each other and see how we can work closer together to make everyone's events and organizations bigger and better so we can all have more fun in the end--because that's the whole point.

Each organization is encouraged to bring flyers for their upcoming events, a list of upcoming club events, and any club swag or promotional materials. Bring as many of your members as you wish. Some paper and pen is also recommended for notes and writing down contact information. (There will be a sign up sheet that I will have with everyone's information for us to all keep in touch. If you have name tags, feel free to wear them.).

After a simple introduction of each individual (name and organization), each organization will be given about 3-5 minutes to 'show and tell' the organization--what's going on in the organization, upcoming events, and how we as a group could help. We'll try to be brief so that every organization gets equal time, but I want to make sure there's also enough time to have interaction and discussion.

I'm not sure how the eating part will fit in. But since we'll basically be speaking in rotation, I think everyone will have a chance to eat.

This meeting will be open to public. And is open to any enthusaists that are excited to be a part of it.

I'm personally reaching out to as many organizations as I can, but feel free to reach out to any that you know. I know everyone won't be able to make it to this first meeting, but I envision us doing this every quarter and ultimiately would like every organization in the area to attend. Please mark yourself as attending. This will help with a head count for the restaurant as well as show your support for the meeting.

If anyone has any ideas, questions, suggestions, or comments, feel free post here or call/text me anytime at 615-512-5520. I look forward to seeing everyone!
14 members will be attending this event:

Old February 13th   #2
sychobaby
sychobaby
is not liking the cold weather

Sounds great, Samir! Thanks for getting this meeting together! I cannot wait to meet everyone and share wonderful ideas!
sychobaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th   #3
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Thank you for the support Lisa. I spoke to Senator Holtzclaw today at the Vets with Vettes quarterly meeting about the summit and invited him. He's got some grand ideas for events that involve all the car groups in town.
Old February 14th   #4
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

I made the reservation at the restaurant tonight, but I still need to know how many people are coming in case I guessed wrong!
Old February 15th   #5
Getracing1
Getracing1

Thanks for the invite...we'll be there!
Ted
Getracing1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th   #6
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getracing1 View Post
Thanks for the invite...we'll be there!
Ted
Thank you for the confirmation Ted.
Old February 16th   #7
ylogen5
ylogen5
has no status.

Samir, I tried to show I will be attending but the link is not working on my end made several attemps. I will be there to represent RCCC. Glad to see this is coming around.
ylogen5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th   #8
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ylogen5 View Post
Samir, I tried to show I will be attending but the link is not working on my end made several attemps. I will be there to represent RCCC. Glad to see this is coming around.
Thank you for the confirmation. Let me know when you're free and so I can sit down with you and diagnose this problem. It shouldn't be happening! And if it's happening to you, it's happening to others.
Old February 17th   #9
MisterX
MisterX
has no status.

Hiya Samir. Kevin here from NALSportbike.com. Pending my work schedule, I should be able to attend the get together.
MisterX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th   #10
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterX View Post
Hiya Samir. Kevin here from NALSportbike.com. Pending my work schedule, I should be able to attend the get together.
Awesome Kevin! Glad to see you here, and we'd love to have you.
Old February 17th   #11
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

I spoke with Kerm from the local s2000 group on s2ki.com. They will be attending. Keep spreading the word everyone!
Old February 18th   #12
LagoGarda
LagoGarda
is back from trip to Lago Garda.

I might make it...50/50 right now.
LagoGarda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th   #13
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LagoGarda View Post
I might make it...50/50 right now.
Love to have you if you can make it.
Old February 19th   #14
calinkaos
calinkaos
has no status.

Everyone needs to spread word about this during the next week. to the clubs. Lots of talk not much action, until now....?!?!?!
Old February 19th   #15
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

I spoke with several people today at CBI. Keep spreading the word.
Old February 22nd   #16
sychobaby
sychobaby
is not liking the cold weather

There should be about 4 people from RCMC going. I am still trying to get off early. I will be there when I can.

Last edited by sychobaby; February 22nd at 12:16 PM.
sychobaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd   #17
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sychobaby View Post
There should be about 4 people from RCMC going. I am still trying to get off early. I will be there when I can.
Thank you for the update Lisa. I know it will take time for the various groups to talk so don't worry about being a bit late. We'll just have RCMC go towards the end.
Old February 22nd   #18
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

I just got off the phone with Ben Pender, who's heavily involved with the European side of the hobby around here, and he's committed to come and is as excited as I am.
Old February 22nd   #19
mboxtyger
mboxtyger
has no status.

Several NAVWC folks will be there...

Dolphe
mboxtyger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd   #20
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mboxtyger View Post
Several NAVWC folks will be there...
Excellent! I look forward to seeing everyone.