Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > Introductions

Introductions Introduce yourself here!

Old February 24th   #1
goldeneagle_10
goldeneagle_10
has no status.

New here from Athens, AL

Hey everyone... my name is Michael and I moved into the Athens, AL area this past July. I moved from Knoxville, TN to work at the Browns Ferry Nuclear Plant as an Electrical Design Engineer. I'm 29 and I have a little daughter that is going on 3 years old this June.

I got into the car scene about 4 years ago. I bought an 04 Cobra and started to do a little drag racing. I was having fun, but I wanted something more challenging. My friend got me into autocrossing and I really enjoyed that. So I started doing that with my cobra and planned to prep it but once I rode in my friends C5 Z06 that made my cobra feel slow... I decided to sell it and I purchased a C5 Z06 and started getting more serious about autocross. I eventually got a little bored with that and decided to do a track day at Nashville Superspeedway in the vette and I found exactly what I wanted to do at that point. And that was to get into road racing. But after seeing the cost of prepping my own car, I decided to sell it and buy a race prepped C5Z to start my racing hobby.

So I bought the race prepped C5Z that is pictured before. Two weekends ago, I just completed getting my competition license with the National Auto Sports Association (Nasa) and competed in my first two wheel to wheel races with 40+ cars out on the track at the same time. It was the biggest rush I have ever had in racing so far and I love it. My goal this year is to make it to the National Championships held at Mid-Ohio Sportscar Course later this year and make a run at the Super Touring 2 championship.

Anyways, hope to meet some of you guys on here and maybe even help you guys run some HPDE's at some of our great local race tracks. Here are some pics of what I've owned and currently have. Enjoy!

Cobra

C5Z

The Tow Rig

track prepped C5Z

Last edited by goldeneagle_10; February 24th at 08:41 PM.
goldeneagle_10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th   #2
sychobaby
sychobaby
is not liking the cold weather

Wow! Awesome line up! Welcome to the area. My in-laws work in security and firearms at Browns Ferry.
sychobaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th   #3
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Welcome to the Huntsville Car Scene! Great to see you here. Our local SCCA has some road course events, and the local Porsche club loves HPDEs. You'll find a lot of fun things to do around here. Nice collection of toys you have!
Old February 25th   #4
EvilZ
EvilZ
is around.

Seems like ERRRRRYYYYBODY has a vette these days! God to see another vette guy join.

Those are some good looking rides. You should join in for the first local autocross March 6th at Milton Frank Stadium. I plan on bringing out my C6Z and hopefully finally getting comfortable with it (I've only had the car about 3 weeks). I hope to see you around.

Last edited by EvilZ; February 25th at 07:54 AM.
EvilZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th   #5
goldeneagle_10
goldeneagle_10
has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sychobaby View Post
Wow! Awesome line up! Welcome to the area. My in-laws work in security and firearms at Browns Ferry.
Thanks... I'm sure I've seen them around here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samir View Post
Welcome to the Huntsville Car Scene! Great to see you here. Our local SCCA has some road course events, and the local Porsche club loves HPDEs. You'll find a lot of fun things to do around here. Nice collection of toys you have!
Thanks Sam. I've been watching the board for a couple months now and have been meaning to sign up but stuff was getting in the way. Hopefully once we get out of this outage, I'll have some time to meet up with some of the locals here for some fun stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilZ View Post
Seems like ERRRRRYYYYBODY has a vette these days! God to see another vette guy join.

Those are some good looking rides. You should join in for the first local autocross March 6th at Milton Frank Stadium. I plan on bringing out my C6Z and hopefully finally getting comfortable with it (I've only had the car about 3 weeks). I hope to see you around.

Thanks man, I actually went out to MFS last year once to check out the action. I've currently got the vette stored in my parents garage up in TN as I'm still sorting all my living arrangements down here. So I won't be able to bring the vette for awhile to the local autox events... but I am looking to get into a more autox friendly daily driver sometime soon. But I think I'm going to swing by next weekend to check out the action.
Old February 25th   #6
EvilZ
EvilZ
is around.

Sounds like a plan. If you stop by look for a Daytona Sunset Orange Metallic C6Z. If your up for it feel free for a ride along. I've got a feeling you could prolly shead a little light on how to drive the car.
Old February 25th   #7
goldeneagle_10
goldeneagle_10
has no status.

Quote:
Sounds like a plan. If you stop by look for a Daytona Sunset Orange Metallic C6Z. If your up for it feel free for a ride along. I've got a feeling you could prolly shead a little light on how to drive the car.
I would love to catch a ride with you. I've rode in my friends C6Z in an autox and they are beasts in just stock form. Everyone always told me I done everything in autox backwards... that I should've started out in a low horsepower car and work my way up. I started off in my 466 rwhp cobra and went from there
Old February 25th   #8
EvilZ
EvilZ
is around.

I started in a 100 whp crx, then a track prep 350Z, then base model vette, now i've got the Z. Honestly it was a very hard transition from fwd to rwd. I'm still learning but i was the top 25% pax at both event i did in my last vette so i guess i'm learning.
Old February 25th   #9
Beckham
Beckham
is at our new location in MADISON now!
Huntsville Car Scene Staff and Site Sponsor

Send a message via AIM to Beckham
Wow, great looking cars! Welcome to the forum! (and area)

www.facebook.com/TheSpeakerboxHSV
Beckham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th   #10
goldeneagle_10
goldeneagle_10
has no status.

Quote:
I started in a 100 whp crx, then a track prep 350Z, then base model vette, now i've got the Z. Honestly it was a very hard transition from fwd to rwd. I'm still learning but i was the top 25% pax at both event i did in my last vette so i guess i'm learning.
That's awesome! I tried to autox my daily driver fwd civic, but it was just boring to me. I guess after coming from a cobra and Z06, autoxing a civic just isn't gonna cut it for me. Are you on street tires with your Z?
Old February 25th   #11
EvilZ
EvilZ
is around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldeneagle_10 View Post
That's awesome! I tried to autox my daily driver fwd civic, but it was just boring to me. I guess after coming from a cobra and Z06, autoxing a civic just isn't gonna cut it for me. Are you on street tires with your Z?
Yeah still on the Goodyears (JUNK!!!!), when they finally go i'm planning on buying a set of Invo's. I've got another set of 345/30/19 Nitto NT05R's on another set of factor polished wheels (stealth factor) for the rear when I want to play on the street/track. I've been toying with the idea of picking up some R-Comps but i trade cars way to much. If i decide to keep this one (which i may) I will invest in a set.
Old February 25th   #12
goldeneagle_10
goldeneagle_10
has no status.

Quote:
Yeah still on the Goodyears (JUNK!!!!), when they finally go i'm planning on buying a set of Invo's. I've got another set of 345/30/19 Nitto NT05R's on another set of factor polished wheels (stealth factor) for the rear when I want to play on the street/track. I've been toying with the idea of picking up some R-Comps but i trade cars way to much. If i decide to keep this one (which i may) I will invest in a set.
Yeah, once you get off the Goodyears... you will feel like you have tons more grip if you go with some Nitto's, Kuhmo's or something along those lines. And I gotta warn you, R-comps are addicting. Its hard to ever go back to street tires once you run them... ask me how I know.
Old February 25th   #13
EvilZ
EvilZ
is around.

I've driven a few cars on r-comps and it's about like comparing street tires to slicks on a drag strip. there simply is no comparison.
Old February 25th   #14
Wilson!
Wilson!
is wishing he was in a kayak on the river...

lol, i think they are spreading Cody!
Milton Frank doesn't kill tires like Jaycee does it?
i have a brand new set of BFG KWDs for the front of mine, and don't want to kill them (brand new as in sitting in my living room floor till i can get them installed tomorrow lol)

Last edited by Wilson!; February 25th at 06:22 PM.
Wilson! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th   #15
DKfullhouse
DKfullhouse
has no status.

Ah jeez... I may see if I can come at least spectate... I'd love to run my new to me SHO, but it's the DD. Guess I just gotta fix the other one LOL.

BTW, Welcome!!!
Old February 25th   #16
goldeneagle_10
goldeneagle_10
has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson! View Post
lol, i think they are spreading Cody!
i have a brand new set of BFG KWDs for the front of mine, and don't want to kill them (brand new as in sitting in my living room floor till i can get them installed tomorrow lol)
It shouldn't be too bad on street tires... I've seen the pavement myself and it doesn't look too bad. Its better than what the Birmingham boys use over at the old dog track parking lot... that place is a tire killer.
Old February 26th   #17
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson! View Post
Definitely not as bad. You'll easily get 1/3 the wear.
Old February 26th   #18
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
It shouldn't be too bad on street tires... I've seen the pavement myself and it doesn't look too bad. Its better than what the Birmingham boys use over at the old dog track parking lot... that place is a tire killer.
Birmingham region has got a nice new place to run--the Verizon Amphitheater. And the dog track is still going to get used--for alabamadrift.com events.
Old February 26th   #19
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKfullhouse View Post
Ah jeez... I may see if I can come at least spectate...
Don't just spectate...take rides.
Old February 26th   #20
EvilZ
EvilZ
is around.

Quote:
You're correct. Milton Frank isn't bad at all. I'd love to run the whole season but I simply refuse to race at John Hunt........it even pained me to drive my crx at that place.