Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > Introductions

Introductions Introduce yourself here!

Old March 2nd   #1
kyphur
kyphur
is plotting

Send a message via AIM to kyphur
New to Huntsville, new to the board.

Hello everyone, my name is Jason. I'm a 3D artist (make video games) and an F-body enthusiast even though I enjoy anything that's fast and fun. I just moved down from Raleigh, NC and staying with a friend/co-worker till I find a place here, sell my place up there and move my wife down.

I have a 1974 Camaro Z28 Type LT with matching numbers engine and transmission (original Th400). I've crated those and put together my engine myself and do about 99% of the work on my car. I've swapped in a T-56 six speed from a 2002 Camaro SS with 32k miles that was damaged and parted out.

She's not the best thing to look at but she's a blast to drive. After I am done with the suspension I will move on to the body work. I just have to get a house with a garage again.

I can post specs on what she has done but haven't taken her to the track on the new setup. The old setup was dead slow, ha ha.
my fquick
kyphur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd   #2
Beckham
Beckham
is at our new location in MADISON now!
Huntsville Car Scene Staff and Site Sponsor

Send a message via AIM to Beckham
Welcome to HSV and HCS!

www.facebook.com/TheSpeakerboxHSV
Beckham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd   #3
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Welcome! Feel free to add more to your intro thread:
http://www.huntsvillecarscene.com/announcement.php?f=68
Old March 2nd   #4
kyphur
kyphur
is plotting

Thanks for the welcome guys. I found the forum on a little piece of paper up at CBI out by Athens, AL. I really like that shop out there. I think I go there 3 or so times a week just to browse around and blow money, ha ha.

Well, I have had her for about 4 years now and she's come a long way. I'll put some pics below but you can follow the link in my signature to my Fquick.com account and see more pictures and work I've done on her.

I really like working on my car and driving it. It's my daily driver, not a trailer queen... not that it's looking decent enough on the exterior to be a trailer queen.
my fquick
Old March 2nd   #5
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

That's so awesome. You and Outlaw77lt do the same thing--he daily drives his classic Camaro too. If that's not love, I don't know what it.
Old March 2nd   #6
kyphur
kyphur
is plotting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samir View Post
That's so awesome. You and Outlaw77lt do the same thing--he daily drives his classic Camaro too. If that's not love, I don't know what it.

Is it a white one? If so I think I may have seen him on Wall Triana on some mornings.

I don't believe in owning something and not having fun with it. If your idea of fun is boxing it up and storing it for posterity then so be it. I like to go out and enjoy my gear.
my fquick
Old March 2nd   #7
kyphur
kyphur
is plotting

Oh, and I'm looking into a twin turbo LSX build at around 454 cubic inches for the next project. Small block size with big block displacement.
my fquick

Last edited by kyphur; March 2nd at 04:28 PM.
Old March 2nd   #8
1 BAD Z
1 BAD Z
got'em hatin'

Welcome to huntsville and the site

Common sense isn't a common virtue.

Link to the Nissan/Infiniti group page:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/154828527932506/
1 BAD Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd   #9
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyphur View Post
Is it a white one? If so I think I may have seen him on Wall Triana on some mornings.
I thought it was black, but after researching it, I was mistaken. It's red just like yours.

Quote:
Oh, and I'm looking into a twin turbo LSX build at around 454 cubic inches for the next project. Small block size with big block displacement.
That's going to be killer! I'm going to let a little cat out of the bag, but we're going to have an old school Trans Am that was on the set for Fast and Furious 5 at our premiere event for the movie. And it has 600+ hp from what I'm told.

Last edited by Samir; March 2nd at 09:12 PM. Reason: oops! forgot the photo
Samir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd   #10
kyphur
kyphur
is plotting

I might have met him then. Does he work in the Wal-mart in the automotive department?
my fquick
Old March 2nd   #11
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
I might have met him then. Does he work in the Wal-mart in the automotive department?
I'm not sure. I'm sure he'll jump on here in just a bit when he sees your car.
Old March 2nd   #12
kyphur
kyphur
is plotting

That pic you posted looks like it to some degree. I don't remember it having a cowled hood though and I think it had different rims... I remember his name now, it's Tyler.
my fquick
Old March 2nd   #13
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Nope, definitely not the same guy. That's cool that there's three of you driving around though.
Old March 2nd   #14
kyphur
kyphur
is plotting

Yeah, I drove mine down from Raleigh (550+ miles) on January 2nd. When I got down here and within the first week I had seen about 5 second gen Camaros in the Madison area that people drive regularly apparently.
my fquick
Old March 2nd   #15
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Yep, we have an awesome car scene here. It's the only thing that keeps me from moving, lol.
Old March 2nd   #16
duh09
duh09
needs parts for all of my cars!

Quote:

I don't believe in owning something and not having fun with it. If your idea of fun is boxing it up and storing it for posterity then so be it. I like to go out and enjoy my gear.
+1. If my 67 had heat and ran a bit better, I would be driving it year round.
duh09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd   #17
kyphur
kyphur
is plotting

Yeah, there was a pretty decent one up in NC also. Met a bunch of cool car guys up there through a site called horsepowerjunkies.com . It's mostly a NC/SC and VA area site.
my fquick
Old March 2nd   #18
kyphur
kyphur
is plotting

Quote:
Originally Posted by duh09 View Post
+1. If my 67 had heat and ran a bit better, I would be driving it year round.
Totally relate. I got my car for the cheap off a guy who lost his job and was trying to pay his mortgage. He destroyed this car pretty much while trying to turn it into a circle track car. It's a matching numbers engine/transmission Z28 Type LT. There were only 3100 (roughly) Z28's made that year so no telling how few Type LT Z28 combos. It's also a one year only car. Last of the square back windows and first of the big bumpers and last year for the Z28 till later in the decade. Also the last Camaro to have 240 stock hp till 1989.

Anyway, he butchered the car. Removed all the original AC components, rounded off almost every nut and bolt on the car, took out the original 3.42 posi and put a 2.73 peg leg under it. Threw a comp cams 280h and called it done. It was such a pig off the line with that cam, gears and stock heads. Did alright on the highway when up in the rpm's but all around was slow as a snail stuck in super glue. It's taken me this long to get the drivetrain somewhat respectable again. Oh, and he loooooooved red. Painted everything on the car red. Door handles, original rims (that are still on it), and anything else that needed a "splash of color" on there. It's not even a good red either.
my fquick
Old March 2nd   #19
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Wow, pretty large group up there. You'll find a couple of things here that you didn't there--a really accurate calendar of events and tons of local event coverage. I think you're going to love it here even though it's a smaller area population-wise.
Old March 2nd   #20
kyphur
kyphur
is plotting

Actually Raleigh seems a lot smaller than here. If you count the Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill (Triangle area) then it's big.

I already like it here a lot better. People are a lot more nicer and easier to get along with. Plus I love my job here, ha ha. That doesn't hurt.
my fquick