Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage

Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage Find, discuss, and see event coverage from the past, present, and future

Old August 30th   #41
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

I was thinking around 3-4p on Thursday at Hooters if there's enough sunlight. It has to be fairly bright.

The lessons will be framing moving cars on University drive as they pass and still cars in the parking lot.
Samir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st   #42
MYLOTOY
MYLOTOY
has no status.

I get off work at 3:45 so I might be a little late unless it is closer to 4:30 but I will get there as fast as I can
MYLOTOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st   #43
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

We can make the time more near 4:30pm if that's better. I need a head count from everyone coming. Post up if you're coming.
Old August 31st   #44
MYLOTOY
MYLOTOY
has no status.

I'll be there unless something comes up.
Old August 31st   #45
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Depending on who's free on Sunday, I may be able to bring everyone up to Rally Tennessee--the only all tarmac rally in the country. I plan on going on at least Sunday and should have some sort of press pass set up.
Old August 31st   #46
MYLOTOY
MYLOTOY
has no status.

where in Tn is this place at.
Old August 31st   #47
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

It's almost to the Kentucky border. It's pretty far. Linden I think. The www.rallytennessee.com web site is down.
Old August 31st   #48
2fast4u
2fast4u
has no status.

Samir
I'm the guy you met at Sonic with the D70 Nikon.
I might pitch in with the picture taking at Scottsboro. I won't know for a couple of weeks though. We have to get the Hare Scramble organized for the end of October

http://natra.dirtrider.net/pdf_files...ew_Hope_HS.pdf

this is the home page http://natra.dirtrider.net/events.html

I'm not sure where you wanted me to send those pictures. I didn't see your email address on this page.

If you can add a link to our site It would be appreciated greatly. You'll want to be at the Hare Scramble.

This is another link to some of our races. I have a bunch of pictures here. http://www.dirtrider.net/sera/SERAhmFr1.html

You can email my work Larry.Mayo@tbe.com

Last edited by 2fast4u; August 31st at 02:18 PM. Reason: add email
2fast4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st   #49
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fast4u
Samir
I'm the guy you met at Sonic with the D70 Nikon.
I might pitch in with the picture taking at Scottsboro. I won't know for a couple of weeks though. We have to get the Hare Scramble organized for the end of October

http://natra.dirtrider.net/pdf_files...ew_Hope_HS.pdf

this is the home page http://natra.dirtrider.net/events.html

I'm not sure where you wanted me to send those pictures. I didn't see your email address on this page.

If you can add a link to our site It would be appreciated greatly. You'll want to be at the Hare Scramble.

This is another link to some of our races. I have a bunch of pictures here. http://www.dirtrider.net/sera/SERAhmFr1.html

You can email my work Larry.Mayo@tbe.com
I've added the NATRA meeting and the Oct Hare Scramble to the calendar of events. I'll have to see what my schedule is for that Sunday. New Hope isn't that far away.
Old September 1st   #50
MYLOTOY
MYLOTOY
has no status.

I don't think I can make it there this Sunday I got alot of work to do to the garage so we can get the new toy down here soon.
Old September 1st   #51
MYLOTOY
MYLOTOY
has no status.

you still going to do a class tonight Samir.
Old September 1st   #52
Shaved Dime
Shaved Dime
has no status.

i can make the one tonight if your still having it but not the one this weekend, i think im going out of town then
Shaved Dime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st   #53
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

I am up for one tonight, 4:30p, Hooters. I will have two cameras with me, the Panasonic and the Sony. We will be framing cars parked as well as capture them driving down the road on University.

Those that are interested in shooting for Crow Mountain must get to this session or post up a time that it is convenient to hold a second session. This event is coming up fast and will be one of the hardest I've ever tried to cover.

If you can handle me throwing phrases at you like, "put the ISO up, aperture wide open, and shutter to 1/25," then you'll just need to come to learn what type of framing I typically use and what will be needed for Crow.
Old September 1st   #54
2fast4u
2fast4u
has no status.

Thanks Simar

I need to show you some of my work sometimes. Are you charging for your classes?
Where do I send pictures??

Hope to see you at Sonic tonight?
Larry
2fast4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st   #55
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

The classes are free and anyone is welcome to attend. It will teach you enough to get the type of shots that are needed, but will also be a springboard if you want to learn more.

You can email me pictures or ftp them to my server. Email me from the forum and when I reply you'll have my email. FTP information:
server: pics.huntsvillecarscene.com
login/password: upload/upload

I'll be at Sonic right after Hooters.
Old September 1st   #56
MYLOTOY
MYLOTOY
has no status.

The "class" was cool it was awsome to use cameras that are about 4 times as much as mine with many more features.
Old September 1st   #57
Shaved Dime
Shaved Dime
has no status.

yea, those cameras are crazy....makes me feel bad about mine now, cant wait for the next class
Shaved Dime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st   #58
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

For those that missed the classroom session (and the Hooters girls), post up when you have free time during a weekday or Sunday. It will be important for us to have bright daylight. Hooters is a good location. We would have the class there.

For those that attended today, post up a time when you will be freeduring the early evening hours right near sunset and dark. We'll need to go to a fairly well lit parking lot. I was thinking target off University or off Airport Rd.
Old September 2nd   #59
MYLOTOY
MYLOTOY
has no status.

I can do pretty any evening except for tonight I have prior engagements.
Old September 2nd   #60
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Tonight is definitely not my first choice either. Mid weeks are best for me.