Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage

Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage Find, discuss, and see event coverage from the past, present, and future

Old September 13th   #101
Munchie
Munchie
is purging all the poo out of his life!

Send a message via AIM to Munchie
I will be there for sure. I get off at 2:30 so i will head from work and go on out there to the gas station. I should probably be there at about 3ish. so I will see you guys there! Anthony are you still going?
04 Chevy Trailblazer EXT-family ride
06 Joyner 650 Sand Spider-The Buggy
68 VW Rail Buggy-CNC rail conversion 44" Rear Paddles
85 19ft Bayliner Capri
Munchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th   #102
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Cool. That's two so far.

The meeting tonight was productive. We will have to follow SCCA rules for photographers, so we will only be able to photograph from area where there are corner worker stations. There are a total of 11 corner worker stations.

We will be required to wear the same uniform as other workers at the event--the official event shirt and white pants. The official event shirt will be provided to us as well as lunch on both days. Plus we get to go to all the socials at Goose Pond Colony.

So, the work involved will be challanging, but the rewards will be: your name credited in a DVD, a copy of that DVD, your name credited on this web site, a t-shirt from the inaugural event, lunch both Sat and Sun, and the best spectator seat in the house.

So who's up for this?
Old September 13th   #103
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

There will be another meeting next Tuesday same time, same place. I highly encourage all of you to attend. There still is a need for workers too.
Old September 14th   #104
Shaved Dime
Shaved Dime
has no status.

hey, sorry i havent got online in a few days...its been crazy!!!

if something comes up someone call me 2566824115
Shaved Dime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th   #105
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

I'll be leaving Madison at 3:30p for the Citgo. Anyone is free to call me at 615-512-5520 if my battery doesn't die on me.
Old September 14th   #106
MYLOTOY
MYLOTOY
has no status.

I will be leaving Madison at 3:45 I may see ya on the way there Samir
MYLOTOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th   #107
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

We had another good session. Those interested in being at Crow Mountain need to post up even if you can't make it. Or call if it's easier, 615-512-5520. We'll have another session next week, time and date tbd.
Old September 15th   #108
dbatesphoto
dbatesphoto
has no status.

Send a message via AIM to dbatesphoto Send a message via MSN to dbatesphoto Send a message via Yahoo to dbatesphoto
Things are picking up for me or I would love to help out not sure how October is going to be for me.
As far as Digital retaining value it is because of how quick new and better models come out. People that want to upgrade can't without getting as much as possible out of their now outdated cameras that are sometimes just weeks old. It isn't so much that people are buying them like hotcakes at that price it is just most that have them are either keeping them as backup if they can't sell or having to hold off till they can come up with another grand for the next upgrade.
dbatesphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th   #109
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Bump! There's an organizational meeting Tuesday for the event!
http://www.huntsvillecarscene.com/ca...info&e=519&c=1

We won't be doing any photo training stuff, this is just for the event itself. If you're serious about taking photos or volunteering for the event, please come to this meeting and see where you fit in.
Old September 25th   #110
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Crow Mountain organizational meeting Tuesday, Van Cleef Racing starting at 6pm. This is the last meeting before the event. If you don't know exactly what we will be taking photos of and from where, you need to come to this meeting.

All 4 cameras are operational, some more than others. (Sony and Olympus didn't fix what needed to be fixed, again.) But we will be able to manage.

We we have the final photo training session on Weds starting at 3pm and it will run until the sun starts setting. The location will be at the Citgo station on 72 over the mountain. Please call me and let me know if you can or cannot come, 615-512-5520. I will also need to talk to you about your schedule for Thursday through Sunday as we will be coordinating with autocross.us for pictures for the DVD.

It will be important to stay in touch with me or you may not be able to get worker status at the event and will not be able to take pictures. This will be a very busy week.
Old September 26th   #111
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Here's a link to the pictures from the most recent practice session:
http://pics.huntsvillecarscene.com/e...1401.b/pic.htm

Looked really good! Now if just everyone can show up, we can cover part 2 in more depth. (Part 2 covers what to do if we can't shoot in fully automatic due to less light).

Remember, next session, Weds starting around 3pm. Come later if you have to. We'll probably be going straight until 6:30p. I was able to swing some free food for us last time, and I should be able to do that again. The least I'll be able to do is buy you a drink to tide you over until you get home.
Old September 27th   #112
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Location Change! The practicesession will now be a live session for those that are available to come to it. We will be photographing kart driver Shelton Wright for his promotional materials. This will start at approximately 3:15pm at the Baker's Creek Raceway in Decatur, AL. Here is a link to a map of track location:
http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp...submit=Get+Map

There's also more information on the track here if you scroll to the bottom:
http://www.edgewise-racing.com/Tracks.htm

Please call me and let me know if you will be able to make it or not, 615-512-5520. We will be there into the evening to work on the less light situations, so you can come later if you can't make it at 3:15pm. I will have all 4 cameras working so we can try them all out and learn their strengths and weaknesses. This will be the final session. After this it will be the real thing and I will post up a schedule with times and locations for everyone.
Old September 28th   #113
MYLOTOY
MYLOTOY
has no status.

Samir unfortunatlly I won't be able to make it to this session. I have been working a ton of overtime at work and can't get away. Also this weekend is a no go for me as well even though I really want to be there I gotta keep the peace in the family "ranks".
MYLOTOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th   #114
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoturLS
Samir unfortunatlly I won't be able to make it to this session. I have been working a ton of overtime at work and can't get away. Also this weekend is a no go for me as well even though I really want to be there I gotta keep the peace in the family "ranks".
We talked about this, so I knew ahead of time.

I was asked at the meeting last night how many people would be along with me and my answer was, "I don't know." That doesn't help with planning things. I will be posting a tenative schedule of where to be and at what time, but first I have brakes to work on.

My personal schedule will be rigorous and I'll be lucky to get about 3-4hrs of sleep per night. I don't expect anyone to keep up with me, but you're definitely welcome to try.
Old September 29th   #115
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

The Photographer Schedule:

Friday:
4p-9pm - Unclaimed Baggage. Registration for the event as a photographer. General shots of the cars/drivers/General Lee/Roscoe's Sherrif Car/crowd/registration/etc.

Saturday:
6:30a-7:30a - Event Paddock. Shots of drivers/crews/paddock/cars on grid/etc.
7:30a - Photographers to worker station via shuttle bus.
8a+ - Practice runs for 30 mins or so. Gives us a chance to work out any issues we come up with.
8a-noon - Photos of cars on course and spectators in the area.
noon-1p - Free delivered lunch. You won't be coming off the mountain, although this would be a good time to change worker station if you think you can get a better shot from somewhere else.
1p-5p - Cars on course again. Same type of shots.
6p-9p - Goose Pond Colony. Social event. Good time to relax, talk to people and take some pictures in a leisurely manner.

Sunday:
Basically same as Saturday, except making changes for issues we discovered on Sat. Lunch goes from 10:30a-noon on Sunday, so there's some extended time to get really creative.
5p - Trophy presentation. Take shots of the winners and the crowd, etc.

These are all the times when having someone besides myself would be good. You don't have to come in the morning, but you must be registered as a worker or you won't be able to anything besides watch. Plus, if I'm already on the mountain, you won't be able to get a camera. Sunday may be different because of the longer lunch, but we'll have to see.

I'll be calling everyone in the next few hours to go over the schedule. It's a bit of work to get up and in place, but once you're there, a car will be coming by almost every 40 seconds. The hours will pass like minutes.
Old September 29th   #116
JayMack75
JayMack75
www.showstopperz.net

Send a message via AIM to JayMack75 Send a message via Yahoo to JayMack75
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samir
The Photographer Schedule:
Friday:
4p-9pm - Unclaimed Baggage. Registration for the event as a photographer. General shots of the cars/drivers/General Lee/Roscoe's Sherrif Car/crowd/registration/etc.
Do me a favor Samir, if you will. Talk to whoever it is that owns the General Lee, and see if he's at all willing to sell it, and if so get his contact information for me. I would greatly appreciate it if you will do this for me as I wont be able to make it.
Old September 29th   #117
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayMack75
Do me a favor Samir, if you will. Talk to whoever it is that owns the General Lee, and see if he's at all willing to sell it, and if so get his contact information for me. I would greatly appreciate it if you will do this for me as I wont be able to make it.
I'll see about it, but I highly doubt he'll sell it. This is the actual one that was used at the movie premiere and has had Jessica Simpson all over it. It's also one of the very few replicas with a true 440 in it. And he owns the police car too, so that gives you an idea of how much he likes the Dukes.
Old September 29th   #118
JayMack75
JayMack75
www.showstopperz.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samir
I'll see about it, but I highly doubt he'll sell it. This is the actual one that was used at the movie premiere and has had Jessica Simpson all over it. It's also one of the very few replicas with a true 440 in it. And he owns the police car too, so that gives you an idea of how much he likes the Dukes.
Well if he wont sell that one, ask him if he knows where I can find one because I want one with the 440 in it. I've come close to finding 2 but they got sold right out from under me. I just need a 69 Charger General Lee. I don't have to have Jessica Simpson on it, just the rebel flag LoL
Old October 1st   #119
Unregistered
Unregistered
has no status.
Edit

Smile

This particular General Lee has a big block 383 not 440
Old October 1st   #120
JayMack75
JayMack75
www.showstopperz.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered
This particular General Lee has a big block 383 not 440
Either way...I just want the car...I dont care if its a 4 cylinder...I'll find an engine for it. lol