Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > Introductions

Introductions Introduce yourself here!

Old August 19th   #1
1FLYG
1FLYG
waiting for the zombie apocalypse

New to the forum

Hello Everyone, I been here in Huntsville for almost a year now and just finding out about this forum lol. Anyway, im originally from Atlanta but I moved to Huntsville for School and work. I drive a Silver 2005 G35 coupe. Some may have seen me driving around. I been to a couple import meets every now and then. I have alot of plans for my G just need the money lol.

My Current Mods: Tein Basic Coilovers
20' r1 wheels
Stoptech slotted & drilled rotors with Hawk brake pads
Pioneer Double Din Indash
Magnaflow Exhaust

Future Mods: 1/2' motordyne plenum spacer
Stillen High Flow cats
Stillen Headers
Stillen z tube
JWT popcharger
Nismo Front Bumper

Far Future Mods: Supercharger, Procharger, Twin Turbo or Single Turbo

I have a few questions.
?????????????????????

I was wondering if there is a big Nissan/Inifinti Scene in Huntsville, if so are there any local meets.

Also does anyone know of a real good reputable performance/tuner shop that do good installs for forced induction and good tunes?

If anyone has advice please fill free to share
im not sure on how to upload pictures.

Last edited by 1FLYG; August 19th at 09:20 PM.
1FLYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th   #2
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1FLYG View Post
Hello Everyone, I been here in Huntsville for almost a year now and just finding out about this forum lol. Anyway, im originally from Atlanta but I moved to Huntsville for School and work. I drive a Silver 2005 G35 coupe. Some may have seen me driving around. I been to a couple import meets every now and then. I have alot of plans for my G just need the money lol.
Welcome! Glad to have you here.
Quote:
I was wondering if there is a big Nissan/Inifinti Scene in Huntsville, if so are there any local meets.
Not organized, but there are a lot of Nissan enthusiasts. There aren't any meets I know of, but that doesn't mean they don't exist. If there are any, they'll be organized on the national Nissan forums by people who are local. I try my best to find out about these, but there's a lot of stuff to keep up with so I miss stuff pretty regularly.
Quote:
Also does anyone know of a real good reputable performance/tuner shop that do good installs for forced induction and good tunes?
There are some exceptional tuners in the area, but none that I know of that are local.
Quote:
If anyone has advice please fill free to share im not sure on how to upload pictures.
If you have pictures posted on photobucket, you can link to them here like any other forum.
Old August 19th   #3
1FLYG
1FLYG

Thanks, I have seen a few nice looking g's, z's and 240's driving around just havnt been able to talk to any.

Do you know of the names of the performance shops and where there located? I dont mind a drive if its within a 1-2 hour drive.

Thanks Samir
Old August 19th   #4
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Clean G! I don't know the names off the top of my head as I only know of the places from conversations overheard over the years. Hopefully someone can chime in with the exact names.
Old August 20th   #5
EvilZ
EvilZ
is around.

If I'm thinking right we meet last year when I still had my yellow 350Z.....don't you go to A&M?

To answer your question about a group or club, I still hang out with some of the Bama GZ guys (www.bamagz.com). Most of them are in B'ham but they have a few meets a year that I try and go to.

As for tuners Forged Performance in Atlanta (as I'm sure you know) is hands down one of the best Nissan shops in the U.S. If I was serious about FI that's the only place I'd go.........if you looking for someone a little more local Brad at Z solutions is also a great tuner/mechanic as well.

My random thought of the day for you though........why spends 6k to do twins when you could almost do a LSX swap for that price........do it, won't do it!!!!
EvilZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th   #6
Beckham
Beckham
is at our new location in MADISON now!
Huntsville Car Scene Staff and Site Sponsor

Send a message via AIM to Beckham
Welcome! Nice G35. I think I've seen you around before as well.

www.facebook.com/TheSpeakerboxHSV
Beckham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th   #7
HDP 7
HDP 7
has rotary powah!!!

Send a message via AIM to HDP 7
My best friend just recently got a G35. He's looking to do performance mods to his as well. He lives in Chattanooga but comes down to Hsv to visit his folks.
87 Mazda RX7 TII (drag car)

"When it happens I won't even notice... I'll be too busy looking good!"
HDP 7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th   #8
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

I've always loved the g35. Especially the sedan. I helped a friend in California buy one, and it doesn't feel as big as it is when you're driving it.
Old August 21st   #9
1FLYG
1FLYG

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilZ51 View Post
If I'm thinking right we meet last year when I still had my yellow 350Z.....don't you go to A&M?

To answer your question about a group or club, I still hang out with some of the Bama GZ guys (www.bamagz.com). Most of them are in B'ham but they have a few meets a year that I try and go to.

As for tuners Forged Performance in Atlanta (as I'm sure you know) is hands down one of the best Nissan shops in the U.S. If I was serious about FI that's the only place I'd go.........if you looking for someone a little more local Brad at Z solutions is also a great tuner/mechanic as well.

My random thought of the day for you though........why spends 6k to do twins when you could almost do a LSX swap for that price........do it, won't do it!!!!
Yes I go to A&M, this is actually my last year so wish me luck with these senior design classes lol. And I do remember you with the yellow 350z. You got ride of it? I remember you saying that you were thinking of getting an NSX, if i remember correctly. Did you ever get it?

I do know about Forged performance but the only thing is that I would have to leave my car and i don't have another DD to return to Huntsville. I also know about Z1 motorsports. But Z solutions?? where is that located ?

The only thing with swaps, i believe there are alot of unseen expenses. Plus sometimes issues come up with electrical problems sometimes. just my opinion.
Old August 21st   #10
ITSFAST
ITSFAST
---BAZINGA!

Welcome.

EvilZ got rid of the 350 for a slow C6.

I too have liked the G35 coupes. It doesn't take much to make them look really sharp. It sounds like you have quite the list of future mods. Best of luck with them, but in all honesty, your car looks great the way it sits and sometimes going too far with performance mods can end up with more issues than it's worth.
Old August 21st   #11
EvilZ
EvilZ
is around.

http://www.zsolutionsonline.com/

Guys name is Brad, he's an interesting guy......really knows his stuff and is super nice.

Yeah I got ride of the Z and bought a C6 Corvette. I found an amazing deal and couldn't say no.
Old August 22nd   #12
1FLYG
1FLYG

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilZ51 View Post
http://www.zsolutionsonline.com/

Guys name is Brad, he's an interesting guy......really knows his stuff and is super nice.

Yeah I got ride of the Z and bought a C6 Corvette. I found an amazing deal and couldn't say no.
hey i completely understand. never can pass up deals that come only once. hopefully one of these days I could see it running against someone lol
Old August 22nd   #13
JayMack75
JayMack75
www.showstopperz.net

Send a message via AIM to JayMack75 Send a message via Yahoo to JayMack75
Welcome to the forum, man. You're THAT guy...lol My wife has been telling me stories about your car since she saw it the other day in traffic. Here's a pic of hers...she would have been the blonde girl next to you drooling all over your car. LOL

Old August 22nd   #14
EvilZ
EvilZ
is around.

Quote:
hey i completely understand. never can pass up deals that come only once. hopefully one of these days I could see it running against someone lol
Come to Moulton this weekend. I'll hopefully be running pretty good this weekend.
Old August 23rd   #15
Munchie
Munchie
is purging all the poo out of his life!

Send a message via AIM to Munchie
Jenny:

Anthony:

Nate:

Colby

All have nice Z/Gs. They are all local. I have also seen a nice Red G with bronze wheels and a Grey G with those heat treated looking wheels running around.
04 Chevy Trailblazer EXT-family ride
06 Joyner 650 Sand Spider-The Buggy
68 VW Rail Buggy-CNC rail conversion 44" Rear Paddles
85 19ft Bayliner Capri
Munchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd   #16
1FLYG
1FLYG

^^^^
Those are all real clean G/Z's. And great photography to whoever took thise pictures. sadly im stuck with a simple camera phone lol.

I want to say I saw one of those silver Z's on Research Parkway one day. I beileve he tried to race but i was on my lunch break and had to get back to work.

But big props to all of those nice looking cars.
Old August 23rd   #17
EvilZ
EvilZ
is around.

I would ask if it was loud........but they all are. It was prolly Anthony if I had to guess.
Old August 24th   #18
Munchie
Munchie
is purging all the poo out of his life!

Send a message via AIM to Munchie
The first 2 pictures I took myself. The other two I stole from Nate and Colbys facebook.lol
04 Chevy Trailblazer EXT-family ride
06 Joyner 650 Sand Spider-The Buggy
68 VW Rail Buggy-CNC rail conversion 44" Rear Paddles
85 19ft Bayliner Capri
Munchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th   #19
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

I saw you in traffic on 565 on Feb 2nd. I've been meaning to post up ever since then, lol. I was in my Accord and we were both having fun. Car sounds and looks great!
Old February 28th   #20
1 BAD Z
1 BAD Z
got'em hatin'

We are having a Z and G meet at Z-1 performance near Atl!

Common sense isn't a common virtue.

Link to the Nissan/Infiniti group page:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/154828527932506/
1 BAD Z is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
g35