Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage

Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage Find, discuss, and see event coverage from the past, present, and future

Muscle Shoals Area Street Rods 40th Annual Rod Run
Calendar: Events Calendar
Samir
Administrator

June 3rd to June 4th 05:30 PM to 03:00 PM
*The times shown may change, depending on DST settings
Where: Spring Park, Tuscumbia, AL
Contact: Larry Lindsey 256-762-4953, Rex Pinkard 256-366-7002, Harold Hammond 256-766-7626

From the flyer:

Registration is $25 and ends Saturday at 3pm. Pre-registration before May 22nd is $20. This show is only open to street rods up to 1972. Cars must be present to win. There will be games, door prizes, and drawings for money all day Saturday including two $500 grand prizes.

Headquarter Hotel is the Emerald River, 4900 Hatch Boulevard, Sheffield, AL 35660, 256-381-4710. Call 30 days prior for special rate.

Friday 5:30p-7:30p:
Registration at the hotel as well as free food and refreshments.

Saturday 8a-3p:
Registration at Spring Park.

Unlike previous years, there is no Sunday show this year.
2 members will be attending this event:

Old June 4th   #2
coupemama
coupemama
has no status.

Samir, we are heading out to this event today. I will try to take half the pictures that you take (!) and get them to you for you to download to this page. Just in case you do not make it. It appears that you have enjoy to attend around the Huntsville area. Marsha
1969 Ford Mustang 428 Cobra Jet
and for fun:
2016 Polaris Slingshot
http://noalcarcalendar.mysite.com/
coupemama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th   #3
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Thank you Marsha! I've always wondered how the rod run out there was. Between EuroBrit and the Athens show, I've got my work cut out for me today.
Old June 4th   #4
coupemama
coupemama
has no status.

Photos have been emailed to you. Only about 50. Chip corrected me in saying that I only take a very small faction of what you do. I know, but I am too busy socializing instead of taking photos. I just like to be friendly to all. Marsha
Old June 4th   #5
coupemama
coupemama
has no status.

By the way, I enjoy this rod run every year. Nice setting at the Park. I put it in the same class as the previous Boys Ranch location and Ardmore - park with lots of trees. Nice area to relax and socialize.
Old June 4th   #6
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by coupemama View Post
Photos have been emailed to you. Only about 50. Chip corrected me in saying that I only take a very small faction of what you do. I know, but I am too busy socializing instead of taking photos. I just like to be friendly to all. Marsha
Thank you! It's hard for anyone to do what I do. I love socializing with everyone, but I wouldn't take any photos if I socialized as much as I wanted to. There's so many stories to hear, like the one today that I heard about a car at Athens that was restored, then damaged in Katrina, and then re-restored.
Quote:
Originally Posted by coupemama View Post
By the way, I enjoy this rod run every year. Nice setting at the Park. I put it in the same class as the previous Boys Ranch location and Ardmore - park with lots of trees. Nice area to relax and socialize.
Sounds like it was great. A lot of people mentioned it at the Athens show.