Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > Introductions

Introductions Introduce yourself here!

Old June 6th   #1
JayMack75
JayMack75
www.showstopperz.net

Send a message via AIM to JayMack75 Send a message via Yahoo to JayMack75
"Old" to the Forum - lol

Well I have been around for a long time. I searched the forum, and to my surprise, I never actually DID post an introduction thread. Taking the advice of Samir, I am doing it now...6 years later. LOL!

My name is Jay, most everyone calls me Jay Mack. I'd tell you my last name, but trust me, Jay Mack is a lot simpler. I'm 30. I am married and I have a young'un on the way. My wife has been eaten alive with the "custom" disease as much as I have and we enjoy showing both of our vehicles together. Her's is currently in the paint shop right now, but pics will be posted after its debut at Scrapin' the Coast in Biloxi, MS at the end of this month.

I got my first truck at 16, and its been downhill ever since. Modifying, customizing, and showing as much as possible. The first one was a 1970 C10 w/ a built 350, 3 speed on the column short wheel base truck. I love this truck to this very day and I wish I still had it. One day after I win the lottery I plan to rebuilt it, with a few extra modifications. Picture of the first truck:

After that truck, and finishing high school, I got the ol' red truck. A lot of people might remember this truck from shows between 99 and 03. Here is a pic of the red truck when I first got it:

At the top of its game right before I sold it:

I waited a couple of years and bought my suburban (the stock pic...excuse my fatness):
and this is a pic of it as of 2 weeks ago:

My wife, Jennifer, has a 1998 Ford F150 and here is what its looked like from its beginning:

...and the 2011 picture will be posted at the end of this month as the truck has undergone a motor swap and complete color change.

My wifey also has an Infiniti G35:

Here's the dually:

...and here is the whole shebang...(including Zac's blazer on the back lol)
Old June 6th   #2
JayMack75
JayMack75
www.showstopperz.net

Send a message via AIM to JayMack75 Send a message via Yahoo to JayMack75
That concludes the vehicle portion of the tour. Now a little about me:

I ran Alabama Custom Car and Truck Club from 1999 until 2010. We had several great years doing shows, meeting people, making friends, and learning how to evolve our vehicles.

I disbanded ACC/TC in 2010 due to the economic effects that had prevented the ideal amount of participation in the club. I'm very glad that I did that because it has opened up the doors for my wife and I to start showstopperz.net. We currently do event coverage for both local and regional shows, and have a website for all to view. We also host and produce events locally for various restaurants/businesses in Huntsville and surrounding areas. We don't have 60 or so people to worry about like we did at any given time in the club, and its just her and I, and some great friends that help us out from time to time with showstopperz.

I think that pretty much sums it up!
Old June 6th   #3
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Great intro Jay! Makes a good framework for mine. I'll be adding some additional things from here for mine:
http://www.huntsvillecarscene.com/announcement.php?f=68

Last edited by Samir; June 6th at 02:36 PM.
Samir is offline   Reply With Quote