Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage

Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage Find, discuss, and see event coverage from the past, present, and future

Twickenham Auto Club Autocross #3
Calendar: Events Calendar
TimACRcoupe  
June 25th 08:00 AM to 04:00 PM
*The times shown may change, depending on DST settings
Where: Milton Frank Stadium, 2810 15th Ave, Huntsville, AL 35805

8:00am Tech Opens
8:30am Course Open For Walking
10:00am Registration - Tech - Course Closes
10:00am Novice Orientation
10:15am Driver's Meeting (Mandatory)
10:30am First Car Off

Registration link here:

https://axwaresystems.com/axorm/cale...curyearindex=5

Please note that the published times on the link are being pushed up a little this year. We try to have driver's meeting between 10 and 10:15 now. We generally CLOSE registration at 10.

Event fee for TAC at Milton Frank is $35 if you pre-register - $40 if you don't.

This is the first event of the yearly Ironman competition which consists of an autocross, drag racing, and a rallycross. For more information on the Ironman, see this thread:
http://teamtac.org/e107/e107_plugins...opic.php?57926

Always check the autocross forum at www.teamtac.org for information before going to the event. There is usually a thread on each event and a volunteer sign-up list.

Autocross info can be found here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autocross

(some info a bit dated but most is good)
http://www.tirerack.com/features/solo2/handbook.htm

Map to Milton Frank:
http://teamtac.org/maps/milton_frank_stadium.html

Click here to see the gallery. Buy photo prints and gifts!
All proceeds help pay Huntsville Car Scene bills.

A blazing hot summer day didn't keep competitors away from an autocross, as almost 80 participants came out to play. The course was swift with the fastest times breaking 60 seconds.

The sun was very strong, and a lot of participants didn't return after lunch due to the heat and related sunburn. It was so hot my feet were sweating. Clouds rolled in towards the latter half of the day and brought some well needed shade.

The Ironman competition was in full force. This was the first event of the yearly series--the autocross. Later tonight will be the drag racing part at Jake's Dragstrip in Moulton. And then the final event will be the Rallycross tomorrow.

The rules for the Ironman are pretty simple--get the best times at all three, and you'll win. But, you can also switch cars for differnt events. There's a penalty associated with this, but if you have a stable of various prepped cars like an A-mod autocross car, a nitro-methane dragster, and a fully caged all-wheel drive twin-turbo off-road racer, you might win this way too. Most of the cars in this series are more prepped for Rallycross than any other event, and today they were donning their tarmac attire.

Several cars passed by to check out the autocross throughout the day, which might have also been looking for the entrance to the car show which started right after the autocross finished:

It was a fun day, albeit HOT! See everyone next time! -- Samir
4 members will be attending this event:

Old June 6th   #2
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Thank you for the post!
Old June 6th   #3
Niccolette
Niccolette
wants the JDRF car show to be a huge success!

Don't forget

To stay for the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation car show!!!
Niccolette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th   #4
sok07
sok07
has no status.

This should be a fun event w/ the autoX and the car show afterwards. I'll have trouble bringing all 3 cars down there though. lol

I'm planning on autoXing the MGB. Then again, I would love to wring out the speed3 on the course...but I'll need to acquire some r-comps for it rather than borrow my little bro's set. And then finally...I would like to place the spyder in the show.

Decisions....decisions....decisions.

Last edited by sok07; June 7th at 08:58 AM.
sok07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th   #5
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

You can always grab the spyder during the break at the autocross. And then after you have it set up in the show in the evening, go drop off one of the other cars, so you've only got two again to take home.

There's also going to be a stunt bike show from what I hear, but I haven't seen any official announcements yet.
Old June 9th   #6
duh09
duh09
needs parts for all of my cars!

I might just be spectating this event. 95's exhaust hasn't been fixed and the harmonic balancer is on the way out. Might be able to find a battery hold down for the SRT but I really need to put a couple tires on the back of it first as the current ones are bald.

And I already asked my mom about the SS, she said no this time. Lol
duh09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th   #7
Stephen Freeman
Stephen Freeman
has no status.

I am not sure a stunt show can happen. There is already a lot of extra activity. Insurance might be an issue. I will ask and find out.
Stephen Freeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th   #8
sychobaby
sychobaby
is not liking the cold weather

I might just participate in the car show this time. All depends on if my car is fixed or not. I have a huge hole in my engine bay right now while waiting on parts. I am howerever, going to have a toggle switch under the dash to cut on my fan
sychobaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th   #9
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Freeman View Post
I am not sure a stunt show can happen. There is already a lot of extra activity. Insurance might be an issue. I will ask and find out.
Locox is supposed to have a hand in it, so they should be able to cover insurance costs if it's an issue. But again, I've heard nothing official about this, so I see it as just speculation until there's a confirmation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sychobaby View Post
I might just participate in the car show this time. All depends on if my car is fixed or not. I have a huge hole in my engine bay right now while waiting on parts. I am howerever, going to have a toggle switch under the dash to cut on my fan
Redline waterwetter and a higher pressure thermostat are your friends too.

It might also just be time to upgrade to an all aluminum racing radiator. I can get you really good pricing on one since I have distributor connections. If Koyo makes one, that's what I'd get. They're awesome.

Last edited by Samir; June 9th at 08:40 PM.
Samir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th   #10
EvilZ
EvilZ
is around.

I should make it out to this. I need to get my mind off some things and I can't think of a better way to do it!
Old June 24th   #11
sychobaby
sychobaby
is not liking the cold weather

Looks like I will be running my car! I will just be OCD about watching my temperature. Anyone going to the car show immediately following?

Last edited by sychobaby; June 24th at 09:36 AM.
sychobaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th   #12
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilZ View Post
I should make it out to this. I need to get my mind off some things and I can't think of a better way to do it!
I feel like doing the same thing, but it's not the prudent thing to do for me.

Last edited by Samir; June 24th at 10:36 AM.
Samir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th   #13
Eunos735
Eunos735
has no status.

Are the pics/vids from this event going to be posted?
Eunos735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th   #14
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

They will be, but I can't say when. There's quite a backlog from the last few months. But believe me when I say I'm working as hard as I can!