Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage

Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage Find, discuss, and see event coverage from the past, present, and future

Rocket City Mustang Club Cruise to High Falls Park
Calendar: Events Calendar
sychobaby  
June 12th 01:00 PM to 06:00 PM
*The times shown may change, depending on DST settings
Where: High Falls Park in Grove Oak, AL

I sent out an email to RCMC members about the cruise to High Falls Park. I just wanted to remind you guys! I will be leaving WalMart parking lot on Sparkman Dr and Memorial Parkway at 1 pm on Sunday, June 12. It will take aprroximately 1 1/2 hours to get there. There are 2 different routes we can take. I will discuss this with those who attend. Bring your picnic lunch with you. Make sure you wear you hiking shoes due to the uneven terrain. There is a 35 foot waterfall. You can stand right beside the dropoff with nothing in between you and the dropoff. I do not recommend this cruise for small children. There is a bridge you jump off and an area to swim in without getting too close to the waterfall. If anyone wants to go swimmimg, go ahead and bring your swimsuit. Just please swim with caution. If anyone has any questions, please call me at 256.783.7888. This is going to be a fun cruise. I hope to see you there!

Here is a link to their webage: http://www.seehighfalls.com/
1 members will be attending this event:

Old June 8th   #2
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Thank you for the post!
Old June 8th   #3
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Hey, I'm not sure if you know, but the Vets with Vettes is meeting at Costco/Staples near the roundabout at noon the same day for a trip to Cathedral Caverns State Park. Looks like everyone will be out and about this weekend.

Last edited by Samir; June 8th at 01:10 PM.
Samir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th   #4
sychobaby
sychobaby
is not liking the cold weather

No, I was not aware of this. I wish I would have known. Maybe we could have all done something together.
sychobaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th   #5
EvilZ
EvilZ
is around.

If only I didn't have a ruptured ear drum I'd go with you guys and show you the safe places to jump from. I've pretty much jumped off about every spot out there minus off the land bridge into the actual water fall (basically you have to hit a spot thats only about 10ft x 10ft). You guys be careful, I'm sure there will be some people out there that are familar with the area if anyone actually wants to do one of the higher jumps.

1000 POST!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by EvilZ; June 9th at 09:11 AM.
EvilZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th   #6
sychobaby
sychobaby
is not liking the cold weather

Sorry you are not feeling well We will be going back. Hopefully, you can join us then!
sychobaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th   #7
EvilZ
EvilZ
is around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sychobaby View Post
Sorry you are not feeling well We will be going back. Hopefully, you can join us then!
Actually I feel perfectly fine now. I just can't put my head under water so no cliff jumping action for me for about another 2 months .