Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage

Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage Find, discuss, and see event coverage from the past, present, and future

Huntsville Nissan Meet and BBQ
Calendar: Events Calendar
200sxsermatt  
July 23rd 12:00 PM to 08:00 PM
*The times shown may change, depending on DST settings
Where: Braham Spring Park Huntsville, AL 35805 (off Drake near the Parkway interchange)

(park is tentative but pretty much locked in)

When: Saturday July 23rd 12pm-??

I am going to double check some things tomorrow but I am pretty sure this is where we are going to have our BBQ. I will be reserving us a pavilion for the day. Braham Spring Park is a great location and has plenty to do. There are a couple of lakes you can fish out of (with a fishing license of course), volleyball, horseshoes, frisbee golf, and some other things i am probably leaving out. My dad has volunteered to grill for us. We are going to have some hamburgers, hotdogs, chips, and a good time hanging out!

Fees: $5 for lunch We will also have a donation box set up to help cover some of the extra costs. The pavilion rental fee is $50. Will also need to get things like charcoal, napkins, plates, condiments, etc. So i will leave it up to everyone how much they want to pitch in. Also if people want to bring things like drinks, plates, etc. we can get a list going and that would help out as well.

For those of you who don't want to take off right away, we are thinking about getting everyone together and heading to the movies. I know Captain American comes out that friday night and i am sure there are other movies that will be out that we can go see. If any one has any questions give me a call 256-655-9246.

Also, if you are attending, please try to click "i will be attending", PM, or Email me @ mattm312@gmail.com.... ALL NISSAN ENTHUSIAST AND OWNERS WELCOME!~!
11 members will be attending this event:

Old June 14th   #2
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Thank you for the post! I hope you have a great turnout. There's a lot of Nissan owners in town.
Old June 14th   #3
200sxsermatt
200sxsermatt
shift denied!

me to! you should come by and see these people from the SR forum showing up and grab ya a burger!...very nice, built, and few rare cars coming it looks like so far! i can't wait for it...
200sxsermatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th   #4
200sxsermatt
200sxsermatt
shift denied!

i'm also hoping that we get enough people show up that we can make plans to make it a yearly event in huntsville...all the nissan events and meets are always in ATL or Nashville... also got alot of people travling in from miss,tn,oklahoma,ga, ect...hoping for a big turn-out!

Last edited by 200sxsermatt; June 14th at 06:13 PM.
Old June 14th   #5
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

I have no idea what my plans are for that weekend. I haven't even figured out this weekend right now.
Old June 15th   #6
6spd_Hayes
6spd_Hayes
is happy to be on US soil

Send a message via AIM to 6spd_Hayes
If I am back from deployment by then, I will be there in my Maxima.
6spd_Hayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th   #7
1 BAD Z
1 BAD Z
got'em hatin'

Ill bring the Z out and post in the bama g and z forum tonight

Common sense isn't a common virtue.

Link to the Nissan/Infiniti group page:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/154828527932506/
1 BAD Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th   #8
EvilZ
EvilZ
is around.

If some of the bamagz guys come up i'll prolly come just since i haven't seen most of them in a while.
Old June 15th   #9
200sxsermatt
200sxsermatt
shift denied!

cool lmk how many will be coming so i can let the guys running the show can have an estimate of how many are coming to get enough food and drinks...
Old June 15th   #10
1 BAD Z
1 BAD Z
got'em hatin'

I put I'm attending and hopefully I can. I posted in Alabama G and Z forum also just now. Hope it's more then just local drifters personally. Drifting is cool and all but I can only take so many primer 240s lol

Old June 15th   #11
200sxsermatt
200sxsermatt
shift denied!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 BAD Z View Post
. Hope it's more then just local drifters personally. Drifting is cool and all but I can only take so many primer 240s lol
Lmao no doubt...the forum that helps host this are fwd and awd sr20s thank god...most of them actually have paint on them...hence why I stopped looking for a 240sx lol

Last edited by 200sxsermatt; June 15th at 09:59 PM.
Old June 16th   #12
1 BAD Z
1 BAD Z
got'em hatin'

I don't blame you man. I looked for a while but 90% of them were trashed so I bought a Prelude at the time. Glad to be back in a Nissan though.

Old June 16th   #13
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

I highly doubt any local drifters will attend. The social cultures are different even though everything is Nissan.
Old June 16th   #14
EvilZ
EvilZ
is around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samir View Post
I highly doubt any local drifters will attend. The social cultures are different even though everything is Nissan.
I suppose I could post it on there forum (errybody has a forum these days)............but i'll spare you guys.

Last edited by EvilZ; June 16th at 07:54 AM.
EvilZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th   #15
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilZ View Post
I suppose I could post it on there forum (errybody has a forum these days)............but i'll spare you guys.
If it's alright with the sr20 guys it's fine by me. There's many from that group that will really enjoy an all Nissan meet.
Old June 16th   #16
200sxsermatt
200sxsermatt
shift denied!

As long as everybody acts right...no show boating or anything...it should be fine..I know a few of the hsv drifters... I know how a few can act lol but like it says...all nissan enthusiast and owners welcome! Already have an s2k coming and a few owners of some cobalt ss/tc coming so...all is welcome

Last edited by 200sxsermatt; June 16th at 10:23 PM.
Old June 17th   #17
200sxsermatt
200sxsermatt
shift denied!

If anybody post it on another forum...please post the llink on here so I can relay back to the sr forum a estimated number of ppl...
Old June 26th   #18
1 BAD Z
1 BAD Z
got'em hatin'

I should be bring 2-3 other Z'x along with maybe and Evo and S2k maybe. If we don't want to eat can we hangout for free or is it $5 no matter what and also is it $5 per person, obviously?

Old June 27th   #19
NiTeZ
NiTeZ
7M-GE goes in today! :D

Send a message via Yahoo to NiTeZ
I know you are not talking about me and Corey coming? lol. I am not taking a Cobalt SS to a Nissan meet. Mine is a SS/SC BTW not TC lol. Don't get me wrong, I can get along with anyone if they can handle me, but seriously I would feel like I'm asking for trouble if I showed up in my Cobalt lol. And I know someone will end up taking a picture of me or Corey be surrounded by Nissans and make one of them stupid pics saying something like "Fear, we can smell it" or something like that lol. So yeah I'm not subjecting myself nor my car to that abuse lmao!
NiTeZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th   #20
LagoGarda
LagoGarda
is back from trip to Lago Garda.

may bring my chebby just so I can help cook.
LagoGarda is offline   Reply With Quote