Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > General Discussions

General Discussions When the thread doesn't fit anywhere else...

Old July 3rd   #41
coupemama
coupemama
has no status.

I believe this 5th Friday, July 29th, would be good. I did not see any other activities this date. So I would say yes. Samir, your opinion? Thanks
coupemama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th   #42
NiTeZ
NiTeZ
7M-GE goes in today! :D

Send a message via Yahoo to NiTeZ
Plus we need a good meet spot for those, like myself, that don't know where this place is exactly. I don't know what it's near to even think of a good spot to meet. Unless people just want to meet some where like Staples in Madison around 7 pm. I can't sleep so I started working on the flier but I need a meet spot, time everyone will leave out and round about cost or I could put check HuntsvilleCarScene.com for more info? I'm just going to make the flier simple and to the point so I can hurry and print it out, plus I don't have any color ink at my shop.
NiTeZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th   #43
NiTeZ
NiTeZ

Well if the date and times are set here is what I have so far. Let me know if any corrections are needed.
Old July 4th   #44
coupemama
coupemama
has no status.

First, do you need the words "Drive-In" theatre someone on the flyer?
Samir had mentioned a title like "Night at the Drive-In".

The theaters (indoors & out) are near the intersections of Highway 72 and Jefferson. From Highway 72, traveling west, you would make a left onto Jefferson and the theatres are on the right.

Thanks for your help. I am sure Samir appreciates. Also, I was hoping Samir chimes in on this before you print and we start advertising.

There is another 5th Friday in September. So if this goes well, may want to do it again this season. Thanks, Marsha
Old July 4th   #45
NiTeZ
NiTeZ

Oh I plan on waiting. I don't go back to work till Wensday anyways. So I figure we got time to figure everyone out completely. I just put that title there cause I wasn't sure exactly all is going on. This was only really made as a rough draft so we can figure out what looks good and what is out of place. I was kind of hoping that more people would be putting ideas into this tho.
Old July 4th   #46
coupemama
coupemama
has no status.

You know every club I have belonged to or every event I have helped on, there is only a small handful of workers. I too wish more would give their input. And there may be many that are away this 3-day weekend. May hear from a few more tonight or tomorrow.
Old July 5th   #47
NiTeZ
NiTeZ

Well I was with Vibe Customs and I did all the event planning and tried to get a show for us going but we had some huge misunderstandings and people not working together. After that I pretty much left cause I can't stand being unorganized. I know Samir needs a lot of help and some times I wish there was more I could do. My wife says she believes I'd trade her in before my car, I said I'd rather not trade either one of your in lol. I love working with cars and it does get on her nerves a bit. It's in my blood, my grandfather was a registered mechanic with Ford, Lincoln, Mercury. So yeah I can get carried away with trying to help out some times lol.
Old July 5th   #48
V8S10
V8S10
a.k.a MagicMan

i've made tons of flyers back in the day but thats good for a rough draft..i would definately include Drive in Theatre if this were to be an annual event i like cars under the stars for a name but thats an opinion
V8S10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th   #49
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by coupemama View Post
Okay. After we swung by Athens on the Square cruise-in, we headed over to the drive-in to speak with the owner. The owner was not there, but did meet the manager (who I had been emailing with). He stated that to let them know ahead of time, as soon as we know how many would be attending, and he will get with the owner on any discounts or specials, or what they can do for us.

Some Info for Drive-In flyer
Date July 29th
Time 8pm gates open; 8:30pm movie starts - may want to be there at 7:30pm
Location Cinemagic Theatre (Drive-In), 1702 South Jefferson St., Athens, AL
Website for detailed info: http://www.cinemagictheatre.net/
Parking at Drive-In is 80 rides
The sound runs thru your radio, if I remember correctly. May want to bring a portable, battery operated radio if sitting out of your ride. Bring your chairs to be able to sit out together in groups. Please go to the Huntsville Car Scene website and mark that you will be attending. We need to let the theatre know the approximately numbers of attendance ahead of time.

Possibility of Cars 2 playing - but they change movies often - check their web site weekly for current showings - the manager will also let me know

Notes:

If we have lots of rides and get there early, then they will see about opening the gates a little early for us.

Also, the more we have in attendance, there could be a possibility of better discounts/specials.

Even if no discounts/specials this time, good possibilty to set us up for future discounts/specials.

Samir, anything I may have forgot, please let me know. Thanks.
Cost with/without discount would be nice. We look for registration fees, so this is important. Also, rain date. This is weather dependant, so we might as well have a backup plan.

The parking lot has a lot of parking, although I'm not sure how full it gets on Friday nights. We should definitely have enough room for 20+ cars before we enter the gates.
Old July 5th   #50
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
I believe this 5th Friday, July 29th, would be good. I did not see any other activities this date. So I would say yes. Samir, your opinion? Thanks
That sounds good to me.
Old July 5th   #51
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
First, do you need the words "Drive-In" theatre someone on the flyer?
Samir had mentioned a title like "Night at the Drive-In".

The theaters (indoors & out) are near the intersections of Highway 72 and Jefferson. From Highway 72, traveling west, you would make a left onto Jefferson and the theatres are on the right.

Thanks for your help. I am sure Samir appreciates. Also, I was hoping Samir chimes in on this before you print and we start advertising.

There is another 5th Friday in September. So if this goes well, may want to do it again this season. Thanks, Marsha
I agree with Marsha. I think 'Night at the Drive-In' would be a really good title with a font that evokes the nostalgic memories from that era, maybe like this one:
http://www.urbanfonts.com/fonts/Lakeshore_Drive.htm
or this one
http://www.fontspace.com/nicks-fonts/drive-thru.
or this one
http://www.fonts.com/findfonts/detai...oductid=168671

With the address on there and most people having some sort of GPS, it's easy to find. I think we can just meet there.

Thank you both for spearheading this! Once everything is finalized, we can add an event listing on the calendar and I'll see if Steve can make a cool banner for it.
Old July 5th   #52
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
You know every club I have belonged to or every event I have helped on, there is only a small handful of workers. I too wish more would give their input. And there may be many that are away this 3-day weekend. May hear from a few more tonight or tomorrow.
I was away this weekend. And this entire scene is run by less than 200 people. Yes, 200 people make every event, web site, social circle--everything--possible.

I still want to get all of us in one room and see what we can do to help each other more, and get others involved that want to. But I didn't have time to put that meeting together, originally scheduled for June 24th. We talked about doing these meetings each quarter, so we'll just skip this meeting and hopefully I'll be on top of everything by next quarter.
Old July 5th   #53
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8S10 View Post
i've made tons of flyers back in the day but thats good for a rough draft..i would definately include Drive in Theatre if this were to be an annual event i like cars under the stars for a name but thats an opinion
Oooooo...I like that. 'Cars Under the Stars at the Drive-In'. What does everyone think? Maybe a bit long?

If it's too long, then 'Cars Under the Stars--A Night at the Drive-In', with each phrase on a different line on the flyer. Thoughts?
Old July 5th   #54
coupemama
coupemama
has no status.

As a back up date - September has 5 weeks (5th Friday) as well - as either a back up date or another night at the drive-in at the end of this season.
Old July 5th   #55
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
As a back up date - September has 5 weeks (5th Friday) as well - as either a back up date or another night at the drive-in at the end of this season.
That's a good idea. If rain cancels one date, we just skip it and go to the other date.

Speaking of September, then we'll probably want to nail down that event somewhat too.
Old July 5th   #56
coupemama
coupemama
has no status.

If these dates are good and pretty well set, I will call/email the manager of the Drive-In and let him know. All that will be left is to let him know about 1 week out how many we expect. Then we can talk business!!!!! Thanks, Marsha
Old July 5th   #57
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

I think for September, we should pick another drive-in.
Old July 5th   #58
coupemama
coupemama
has no status.

The one over by Scottsboro or Russellville ??? These are 2 that are still open, correct? If so, who lives near these that would take charge and set up?
Old July 5th   #59
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Boaz, Henagar, Russellville, and Anniston are all good candidates. I think everything could be set up by phone.
Old July 5th   #60
NiTeZ
NiTeZ

Aight sorry, I've been really busy today and haven't got much sleep. I just woke up a bit ago lol. So where are we at on this flier business? "Cars under the Stars" Night at the Drive In? works for me. Also want me to add if rain or bad weather we will be having another Drive in Cruise in in September? I like the lay out of the flier if everyone else is Ok with it. Just changing the name, and adding the fact if we get rain? This good or anyone got anything more?