Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > General Discussions

General Discussions When the thread doesn't fit anywhere else...

Old July 5th   #61
coupemama
coupemama
has no status.

I am good with it. I believe that doing a 2nd Drive-In event the 5th Friday in September would be good. Location TBA. Which Drive-In location would be best for the ones that live in Huntsville & Madison? That would bring out the most rides?
coupemama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th   #62
NiTeZ
NiTeZ
7M-GE goes in today! :D

Send a message via Yahoo to NiTeZ
Probily Russelville, I know Boaz and Anniston some try to stray from lol.
NiTeZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th   #63
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

I think the Boaz/Anniston area would be good since someone could hit the Gadsden First Friday event with flyers. If even a fraction of those cars come, it will be a good turnout.
Old July 6th   #64
coupemama
coupemama
has no status.

So are we a go for sure on July 29th? If so, can you list in the events? That way we can get a count from all that are interested by marking they will be attending. I have been asked to let the Drive-In know about a week in advance. Thanks
Old July 6th   #65
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by coupemama View Post
So are we a go for sure on July 29th? If so, can you list in the events? That way we can get a count from all that are interested by marking they will be attending. I have been asked to let the Drive-In know about a week in advance. Thanks
I think we've got all the details sorted.

Details for flyer/event listing:
Cars Under the Stars--A Night at the Drive-In
Friday, July 29th, 2011
Athens Cinemagic Drive-In
address
costs
Rain Date/Next Event:
September 30th, 2011
Drive-in TBD
Get on Huntsville Car Scene and help us decide.

Have I missed anything?
Old July 6th   #66
NiTeZ
NiTeZ

All of that looks good. Only detail missing is what they are going to be showing that day. I know that will be hard to get till closer to the event tho . But really at 5 bucks per person or less it really doesn't matter. I think that's worth it to just go to one and hang out with friends .
Old July 6th   #67
coupemama
coupemama
has no status.

And to remind all to please mark that they will be attending for the count to the Drive-In.

For what is showing that Friday, will have to check the Drive-In website on that previous Monday. That is when I understand they post the movies for the week. So if you want, list their website for the ones that are interested in what is showing. We are with you, we will be there no matter what is playing. Just to cruise around in our baby and be with friends. Marsha
Old July 6th   #68
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiTeZ View Post
Well if the date and times are set here is what I have so far. Let me know if any corrections are needed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samir View Post
I agree with Marsha. I think 'Night at the Drive-In' would be a really good title with a font that evokes the nostalgic memories from that era, maybe like this one:
http://www.urbanfonts.com/fonts/Lakeshore_Drive.htm
or this one
http://www.fontspace.com/nicks-fonts/drive-thru.
or this one
http://www.fonts.com/findfonts/detai...oductid=168671

With the address on there and most people having some sort of GPS, it's easy to find. I think we can just meet there.
I think the flyer has most of what we need. If you could add the movie start time of 8:30p and change the title to

Cars Under the Stars
A Night at the Drive-In

using one of the fonts linked above, I think we've got it. Oh, and instead of HuntsvilleCarScene.com, make it Huntsville Car Scene.com in the top part of the flyer and www.huntsvillecarscene.com in the bottom part. We also need to add something about the next event/rain date of September 30th, 2011 with location TBD. I think that's everything. Someone chime in if I missed anything.

Event listing is posted on the calendar here:
http://www.huntsvillecarscene.com/ca...=2011-7-29&c=1

I'll add the flyer once it's done. Start spreading the word! And be sure to mark yourself as attending. Let me know if I missed anything or need to change/add anything.

Last edited by Samir; July 6th at 10:25 AM.
Samir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th   #69
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
All of that looks good. Only detail missing is what they are going to be showing that day. I know that will be hard to get till closer to the event tho . But really at 5 bucks per person or less it really doesn't matter. I think that's worth it to just go to one and hang out with friends .
Quote:
And to remind all to please mark that they will be attending for the count to the Drive-In.

For what is showing that Friday, will have to check the Drive-In website on that previous Monday. That is when I understand they post the movies for the week. So if you want, list their website for the ones that are interested in what is showing. We are with you, we will be there no matter what is playing. Just to cruise around in our baby and be with friends. Marsha
Link to mark as attending:
http://www.huntsvillecarscene.com/ca...=2011-7-29&c=1

I can add the movie being shown to the event listing once we know it. Might want to mention on the flyer that what is showing will be on the the Drive-In website on the previous Monday and on HCS with the event listing once we know.
Old July 6th   #70
NiTeZ
NiTeZ

That last font you have to buy for 30 bucks. I'm looking on 1001fonts.com to see if I can find more like those.
Old July 6th   #71
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

One of the first two would be fine. You can post two versions of the flyers and we'll decide from there. We still have to figure out how to get all the flyers printed/distributed.
Old July 6th   #72
NiTeZ
NiTeZ

I can print here at the shop. Depending on how many we end up printing depends on how much ink I'll need. I have pretty much a fresh XL cartrige in there right now. Unless you want to take it somewhere else to get it done faster. I know each cartridge cost less then 30 bucks and I can get roughly 200 pages (not sure exactly). Here is one I think will work.

Last edited by NiTeZ; July 6th at 01:39 PM.
Old July 6th   #73
coupemama
coupemama
has no status.

I have printed this flyer from above - assuming it is correct and I can make more copies. I am going to be at Pt Mallard on Friday evening and Saturday morning for the Tenn Valley event, as well as cruise-ins almost every Friday & Saturday nights. Will always have flyers with me up until July 29th. Marsha
Old July 6th   #74
NiTeZ
NiTeZ

Well if we do it like that, I can print some off here for me to pass out as well. Samir, what you think?
Old July 6th   #75
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
I can print here at the shop. Depending on how many we end up printing depends on how much ink I'll need. I have pretty much a fresh XL cartrige in there right now. Unless you want to take it somewhere else to get it done faster. I know each cartridge cost less then 30 bucks and I can get roughly 200 pages (not sure exactly). Here is one I think will work.
A couple changes. I liked the say the date and ticket prices were in the white box before. Drop the Huntsville Car Scene.com presents at top and just have the 'cars under the stars' and 'a night at the drive in' as they should both fit. Next, I liked the address and location of the theater below the white box in the original font. It's easier to read. Right now, I have no idea what the last number in the address is. Change the 'Please go to HuntsvilleCarScene.com' to 'Please go to www.huntsvillecarscene.com' and space out the HuntsvilleCarScene.com at the bottom to Huntsville Car Scene.com. Sorry for the delayed response, but today has utterly sucked chasing site gremlins.
Quote:
I have printed this flyer from above - assuming it is correct and I can make more copies. I am going to be at Pt Mallard on Friday evening and Saturday morning for the Tenn Valley event, as well as cruise-ins almost every Friday & Saturday nights. Will always have flyers with me up until July 29th. Marsha
If you can also print the revised flyer once its posted, that would be great.
Quote:
Well if we do it like that, I can print some off here for me to pass out as well. Samir, what you think?
That will work once we've got a final flyer. I'll be back in this thread as soon as possible.
Old July 6th   #76
NiTeZ
NiTeZ

How about this?
Old July 6th   #77
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
How about this?
Close. I like the 'Brought to you by the Members of Huntsville Car Scene.com' from the original one in the white box as it made it look full. I'd move the 'Cinemagic Theater' with the address. The www.HuntsvilleCarScene.com url needs to be all lowercase. The Rain Date should be Rain Date/Next Drive-In, September 30, 2011, location TBD.

Thank you again for working on this. Today has been a rough day to say the least, and I really appreciate all your help.
Old July 6th   #78
NiTeZ
NiTeZ

No problem man. I know you had a lot going on. I've been trying to figure out the other problem for you as well.
Old July 6th   #79
NiTeZ
NiTeZ

Alright, how about this?
Old July 6th   #80
Outlaw77lt
Outlaw77lt
is looking for an s10 or '82-92 camaro body

Quote:
I am good with it. I believe that doing a 2nd Drive-In event the 5th Friday in September would be good. Location TBA. Which Drive-In location would be best for the ones that live in Huntsville & Madison? That would bring out the most rides?
The wife and I went to the Montana Drive-In about a month ago. Its located in Estill Springs, Tennessee ( a few minutes NW of Winchester ). They have 3 screens. Every parking spot is slightly angled up so there's not really a bad spot anywhere. The snack bar is the nicest I've ever seen, food prices are good and they have a huge variety. Admission is $6 and each screen hosts a double feature.

If a central meeting location was found, it would be a great place to have a country backroad cruise to also.

http://www.montanadrivein.com/

Last edited by Outlaw77lt; July 6th at 11:11 PM.
Outlaw77lt is offline   Reply With Quote