Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > General Discussions

General Discussions When the thread doesn't fit anywhere else...

Old July 6th   #81
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiTeZ View Post
Alright, how about this?
Perfect.
Old July 6th   #82
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlaw77lt View Post
The wife and I went to the Montana Drive-In about a month ago. Its located in Estill Springs, Tennessee ( a few minutes NW of Winchester ). They have 3 screens. Every parking spot is slightly angled up so there's not really a bad spot anywhere. The snack bar is the nicest I've ever seen, food prices are good and they have a huge variety. Admission is $6 and each screen hosts a double feature.

If a central meeting location was found, it would be a great place to have a country backroad cruise to also.

http://www.montanadrivein.com/
Great feedback!
Old July 6th   #83
NiTeZ
NiTeZ
7M-GE goes in today! :D

Send a message via Yahoo to NiTeZ
^ this sounds awesome! I'll look into it tomorrow Samir .
NiTeZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th   #84
Outlaw77lt
Outlaw77lt
is looking for an s10 or '82-92 camaro body

Each parking lot is huge so room is not really an issue. Gates open at 6:30 but most folks don't start getting there til around 8pm. That gives some flexability on an arrival time and still be able to remain a group.
Outlaw77lt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th   #85
NiTeZ
NiTeZ

I sent them an email to see about group discounts and stuff like that. So we will see. I told them we had a member that found their experiance there enjoyable.
Old July 7th   #86
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
I sent them an email to see about group discounts and stuff like that. So we will see. I told them we had a member that found their experiance there enjoyable.
This sounds like a great facility that's fairly new, but let's decide a location before we get the drive-ins excited with the prospect of a large group.
Old July 7th   #87
NiTeZ
NiTeZ

i told them we are just getting info. trying to find a good spot for that date. So if they give their hopes up then really it's on them, considering the date of the cruise in as well lol.
Old July 7th   #88
NiTeZ
NiTeZ

I just got off the phone with the guy that runs the place. He said we could even hold a car show that day if we wanted there. He said each screen can hold 250 cars and he has 3 screens. 6 bucks for 2 movies on each screen, plus he said he could give us a hook up on food if we did this. Just can't give us a discount on the movies cause that is low anyways, which I agree, 3 bucks per movie is good. They are all new releases too. He said the local Miata club does a cruise in there every like 3 months. He also serves rack of ribs, told me for 20 bucks you see 2 movies, get a full rack of ribs and a large drink lol.
Old July 7th   #89
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
I just got off the phone with the guy that runs the place. He said we could even hold a car show that day if we wanted there. He said each screen can hold 250 cars and he has 3 screens. 6 bucks for 2 movies on each screen, plus he said he could give us a hook up on food if we did this. Just can't give us a discount on the movies cause that is low anyways, which I agree, 3 bucks per movie is good. They are all new releases too. He said the local Miata club does a cruise in there every like 3 months. He also serves rack of ribs, told me for 20 bucks you see 2 movies, get a full rack of ribs and a large drink lol.
Wow, that's a lot of great info. What's the local Miata club? Marsha, what are your thoughts?
Old July 7th   #90
NiTeZ
NiTeZ

I don't know what the local one is there. He just said about 30-50 of them show up in their Miatas. So he assumes they are a local club there.
Old July 7th   #91
coupemama
coupemama
has no status.

Yes, the Rocket City Miata Club does do events monthly. We went on a great all day Covered Bridge cruise with them a few years back. Great turn out and great group of people. Sorry to say that even though I have had Miatas since 1991, I have not been active with them. Chip keeps me busy on the weekends with street rods, classics and now muscle.

This drive-in sounds like a good one and would be a nice drive. To do a cruise-in, have a nice cook out dinner, and then a double feature, sounds like heaven! Marsha
coupemama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th   #92
NiTeZ
NiTeZ

The thing I actually like is we could have a huge car show there as well. 750 spots is more then enough to have a huge show. Have a car show before the movies starts, sounds awesome to me .
Old July 7th   #93
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by coupemama View Post
Yes, the Rocket City Miata Club does do events monthly. We went on a great all day Covered Bridge cruise with them a few years back. Great turn out and great group of people. Sorry to say that even though I have had Miatas since 1991, I have not been active with them. Chip keeps me busy on the weekends with street rods, classics and now muscle.

This drive-in sounds like a good one and would be a nice drive. To do a cruise-in, have a nice cook out dinner, and then a double feature, sounds like heaven! Marsha
I've also been out of touch with the local Miata club. The last I saw them was at the Summit meeting, I think. They have been planning a lot of overnight out of town trips lately, but I didn't see any drive-ins, so it must be the Nashville group.

So have we made a decision on this being the theater for September? If we're doing this on a Friday, I think it would just be a nice drive and a lot of ribs with a double feature.
Quote:
The thing I actually like is we could have a huge car show there as well. 750 spots is more then enough to have a huge show. Have a car show before the movies starts, sounds awesome to me .
This idea has potential, but needs a lot more discussion and planning to even be attempted.
Old July 7th   #94
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Remind me to post the flyer with the event listing and make one for September if I don't do it tonight.
Old July 8th   #95
NiTeZ
NiTeZ

Aight man. I'm sure we can come up with something for a show. We got some time to do it just all have to get together on this. So far I think we have had a total of 5 active people attempting to help with this one in some way. We will need more people's input to pull this off I'm sure. I remember trying to help set up a show for Vibe. I ended up being the one doing all the work, planning, talking to show sponsors and all that good stuff. I even said we needed a rain date but no one listened to me. What happened, right before the show people actually started trying to do something, in which case is too late, then it rained, no one could work together. When the President and V.P. say it's a no go because of rain then that is what it should be. Too many people stepping up at that point saying we are doing it anyways and I got stuck in the middle and of course all the work I put into doing that show got thrown out the window and I had no idea what was going on with all the unorganization going on with the argueing and people not listening. After that I was done with clubs. I can set up a show, just have to have help and people doing what they are supose to do. Not waiting to the day of the show and try to take charge after I do all the work. Can't stand that, either you are in or not. Sorry for my ramble, I know I have a habit of doing that lol.
Old July 8th   #96
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Aight man. I'm sure we can come up with something for a show. We got some time to do it just all have to get together on this.
An event would be possible, but not without a year of planning and a staff of well over 2 dozen. And I barely have enough time to run a website, moreless plan events right now.
Old July 8th   #97
coupemama
coupemama
has no status.

I would think for this September, just do an evening at the drive-in - like we are doing at Athens this month. Then if you want to try to do a bigger event, put off to next year. March & June 2015 have 5 weekends. September 29, 2012 is the 5th Saturday - that may be a good date. It appears that the 5th Fridays or Saturdays are overlooked - not much going on.

Then try to get all the clubs in the area of the drive-in to participate. Just do an all day gathering, games (there are plenty of game ideas on the net for car shows & outdoor events), dinner, and a double feature - not a car show - no judging - like the Priceville annual cruise-in. Because if it did turn out to be a big event, the judges would be overworked and many participants upset that they did not get an award. As well as trophies & awards costs $$$.

For the games, if each club would put on / host one game, that would get their members to be there, participate and have a good time. You could space out to have one game per half hour or hour, depending on how many clubs are involved. And help keep the day going along and all having fun with something to do or watch others and laugh!

I personally like to keep the atmosphere fun and enjoyable. It would make it rememberable event and for all to want to do it again. Marsha
coupemama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th   #98
NiTeZ
NiTeZ

Samir, this is why we are here bro. You gotta stop doing everything yourself man .That reminds me, did my brother ever call you like he was supose to?
Old July 8th   #99
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by coupemama View Post
I would think for this September, just do an evening at the drive-in - like we are doing at Athens this month. Then if you want to try to do a bigger event, put off to next year. March & June 2015 have 5 weekends. September 29, 2012 is the 5th Saturday - that may be a good date. It appears that the 5th Fridays or Saturdays are overlooked - not much going on.

Then try to get all the clubs in the area of the drive-in to participate. Just do an all day gathering, games (there are plenty of game ideas on the net for car shows & outdoor events), dinner, and a double feature - not a car show - no judging - like the Priceville annual cruise-in. Because if it did turn out to be a big event, the judges would be overworked and many participants upset that they did not get an award. As well as trophies & awards costs $$$.

For the games, if each club would put on / host one game, that would get their members to be there, participate and have a good time. You could space out to have one game per half hour or hour, depending on how many clubs are involved. And help keep the day going along and all having fun with something to do or watch others and laugh!

I personally like to keep the atmosphere fun and enjoyable. It would make it rememberable event and for all to want to do it again. Marsha
I agree with September. As far as the ideas for a larger event--it is possible. But that will require a lot of unity and synergy that doesn't exist right now. That's one of my main missions, but I can't work on it regularly when buried under the daily work like I am right now.

Quote:
Samir, this is why we are here bro. You gotta stop doing everything yourself man .That reminds me, did my brother ever call you like he was supose to?
I've had people come forward to help and they don't end up doing what they said they would. I don't have time to chase someone down to get something done--I'm the type of person that will just sit down and do it myself, usually using less time than chasing someone else. It limits how much can be done, but at least it's done, and done right.

A perfect example is a backup script that the host has needed to fix for months now. I'm finally fed up with it. It may take me 6hrs to learn the language, but it will be just better to do it myself. I've probably spent 6hrs talking back and forth with them. Multiply this 100x in all things HCS and personal, and you get a good idea of where all my time goes.

And nope, no phone call.
Old July 8th   #100
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

So for September are we set on Estill Springs, TN www.montanadrivein.com? And if so, what time should we set it? Outlaw77lt posted how the 'Gates open at 6:30 but most folks don't start getting there til around 8pm.' Thoughts?