Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > Show and Shine

Show and Shine Post pictures, videos, and other stuff to look at

Old June 30th   #1
200sxsermatt
200sxsermatt
shift denied!

got bored so...

I cleaned and waxed some cars! Ofcourse, the first is of my 96 200sx se-r.

The second one is my parents 2010 Chevy Camaro SS/RS.

tomorrow comes cleaning the inside of both!~! all products used were meguires products...
200sxsermatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th   #2
1 BAD Z
1 BAD Z
got'em hatin'

Nice dude! I just washed and waxed my Z. I was sweating when I was done but it's worth it!

Common sense isn't a common virtue.

Link to the Nissan/Infiniti group page:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/154828527932506/
1 BAD Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th   #3
NiTeZ
NiTeZ
7M-GE goes in today! :D

Send a message via Yahoo to NiTeZ
I need to wash and wax mine again. Just seems like I have to wash it every 2 days cause I can't stand it being dirty. Did a huge detail job on it Sunday for the photo shoot with Samir and it's already trashed. I hate not having a garage .
NiTeZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th   #4
ray
ray

Best thing I've found...especially in our summer monsoons here...get a good wash and wax in and let it "cure" for a day or two. Then once it starts getting dirty/rained on, etc. use some Meguiar's (or another good brand) of exterior quick detailer. I love the stuff. Not an expert on paint and detailing but it does good enough for me and my car is a driveway queen.
Old June 30th   #5
200sxsermatt
200sxsermatt
shift denied!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 BAD Z View Post
Nice dude! I just washed and waxed my Z. I was sweating when I was done but it's worth it!
Yeah...def worked a good sweat up today...not bad since it wasnt so humid but still...tomorrow brings some deep interior cleaning on both...I pulled the seats out about two weeks ago and steam cleaned them and the carpet...clean car makes my world go round... I think my parents are going to let me take the camaro to the hardees car show saturday so I gotta have both ready just in case!
Old July 2nd   #6
duh09
duh09
needs parts for all of my cars!

I'm fairly positive I saw your SE-R in Ardmore yesterday or someday pulling out of Subway. Nice and clean!
duh09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd   #7
200sxsermatt
200sxsermatt
shift denied!

Yesterday lol that was me...thanks alot! You weren't driving a neon srt4 by chance were you?
Old July 2nd   #8
duh09
duh09

Quote:
Originally Posted by 200sxsermatt View Post
Yesterday lol that was me...thanks alot! You weren't driving a neon srt4 by chance were you?
Yup, that was me, in the "tangerine tornado" haha.
I'm about to go get some oil and change it and clean it up and I might ride down to Madison tonight in it. Dang neon haha
Old July 2nd   #9
200sxsermatt
200sxsermatt
shift denied!

lol yeah i saw you driving by...my buddy that was with me pointed you out...looks clean! i like the orange stripe on the lip of the rims...have fun in madison...i haven't been out that way in a LOOONNGGGG time...i prolly wouldn't know a soul out there! lol
Old July 2nd   #10
duh09
duh09

Quote:
Originally Posted by 200sxsermatt View Post
lol yeah i saw you driving by...my buddy that was with me pointed you out...looks clean! i like the orange stripe on the lip of the rims...have fun in madison...i haven't been out that way in a LOOONNGGGG time...i prolly wouldn't know a soul out there! lol
Thanks, I'm probably going to be selling it or trading it or something here in a bit. Getting tired of FWD pretty quick. I actually had the inserts of the stock wheels painted body color. I wanted to polish up my rims but wasn't happy with how they were turning out so I had them painted. They weren't my favorite at first but I like different stuff and they're growing on me. Here's a better pic of the whole car:

That pic was taken last year at import alliance. I've pulled all that tint out and done a few minor minor things but it's all about the same lol.
Old July 2nd   #11
NiTeZ
NiTeZ

What is it with Metallic Orange cars? They always look so clean and always catch my attention. I used to have an Orange Cobalt SS.

Now I own a red one lol.
Old July 2nd   #12
200sxsermatt
200sxsermatt
shift denied!

Quote:
Originally Posted by duh09 View Post
Thanks, I'm probably going to be selling it or trading it or something here in a bit. Getting tired of FWD pretty quick. I actually had the inserts of the stock wheels painted body color. I wanted to polish up my rims but wasn't happy with how they were turning out so I had them painted. They weren't my favorite at first but I like different stuff and they're growing on me. Here's a better pic of the whole car:

That pic was taken last year at import alliance. I've pulled all that tint out and done a few minor minor things but it's all about the same lol.
Love it. Always wanted an srt4 never got around to getting one though...love the orange too.. im getting ready to take the se-r and the ss to the hardees car show this evening...
Old July 2nd   #13
NiTeZ
NiTeZ

Hey Matt you want to take my cobalt as well? lol. I can't get time to go
Old July 2nd   #14
200sxsermatt
200sxsermatt
shift denied!

Lol I can only drive one car...corey is supposed to be going with me...tell him to drive it up there! Lol
Old July 2nd   #15
NiTeZ
NiTeZ

I asked him to but he said he probily isn't going cause he got sick after cutting his grass. I was like what did you do, get too hot? he was like yeah but my yard looks good lmfao
Old July 2nd   #16
200sxsermatt
200sxsermatt
shift denied!

Quick pic snapped of four of the hcs.com guys lol
Old July 2nd   #17
NiTeZ
NiTeZ

And I pulled a Trophy out of all 4 of us . Hand an awesome time as well. I will post more pics up later on.
Old July 3rd   #18
NiTeZ
NiTeZ

Hmm these cars look familar lol.

BTW Matt, my wife has a habit of taking pictures of me looking like I'm getting ready to beat someone down. Here is an example: Looks like you are fixing to spray me with the detailer and I'm fixing to hit your or something lol

Here is one of Matt looking like he is clueless on what he is doing lol.
Old July 3rd   #19
200sxsermatt
200sxsermatt
shift denied!

That's about right too... lol
Old July 4th   #20
cLc
cLc
is fighting the man~!
Huntsville Car Scene Site Sponsor

Send a message via AIM to cLc
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiTeZ View Post
I need to wash and wax mine again. Just seems like I have to wash it every 2 days cause I can't stand it being dirty. Did a huge detail job on it Sunday for the photo shoot with Samir and it's already trashed. I hate not having a garage .
What you need to do to help with this is: strip off ALL of the old wax/sealant/protectant or whatever you have on the car. Put a good layer of glaze, which will also help minimize the appearances of swirls and micro-scratches. After the glaze you can put a sealant, wax, or both on the car. You need to wait 24 hours after applying a sealant before you put either a 2nd layer of sealant or a coat of wax. If you go with wax, and you want to put multiple layers, you need to wait atleast 12-24 hours depending on the product. A good orbital buffer will make the process go much faster. The combination helps keep the surface cleaner longer not allowing dirt and contaminants from settling on the surface.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayman View Post
Best thing I've found...especially in our summer monsoons here...get a good wash and wax in and let it "cure" for a day or two. Then once it starts getting dirty/rained on, etc. use some Meguiar's (or another good brand) of exterior quick detailer. I love the stuff. Not an expert on paint and detailing but it does good enough for me and my car is a driveway queen.
If you are going to use meguiar's go to o'reilly's and on the back shelfs (not near all the other garbage car care products they have) they have the higher end products from meguiar's. I'd also suggest using a quik detail spray that doesn't have protectants in it because it could cause contaminants to get stuck into the paint and will require alot more work to completely clean the car of contaminants.

If you have any more questions or anything just ask
cLc is offline   Reply With Quote