Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > General Discussions

General Discussions When the thread doesn't fit anywhere else...

Old July 11th   #1
dragginbody87
dragginbody87
has no status.
Official Huntsville Car Scene Grammar Police

Best tattoo shop in town?

Where?
dragginbody87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th   #2
NiTeZ
NiTeZ
7M-GE goes in today! :D

Send a message via Yahoo to NiTeZ
I'm Biased cause I am a tattoo artist lol. I work at Royal Tattoo on Governors Drive if you want to come check us out. Honestly the best way is to check them out for yourself. Everyone has an artist they are comfortable with and will always say that their artist is the best lol.
NiTeZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th   #3
dragginbody87
dragginbody87
has no status.

Did someone say hsv car scene discount?
Old July 11th   #4
NiTeZ
NiTeZ

OFC! . Since I'm an active member on here I just might run a special for HCS members. I know a lot of members on here already have their artist tho that's why I don't talk a lot about it. I respect others and all the artist out there. I know Munchie goes to Will, and a few others go to Hot Rods. Me and Warren at Hot Rods are pretty kool considering we lived right down the street from eachother for about 3 or 4 years lol. Tell ya what, Just come in and see what you think, if you feel this is where you want to get your tattoo done at I'll give you a really good hook up. Our shop min is 50 bucks so I can't do anything lower then that, but if you have something like a 100 dollar tattoo I'll hook ya up with like 60. The more you want the better the deal I can give ya. Like a 500 dollar job, I'll hook ya up at 300. But this only for my clients, Bobby on the other hand does portrait work and a lot of new school work. In fact I have the first portrait he ever did of my son on the back of my leg and it looks awesome! I'll talk to him and see if he can roll with me on this one as well so no matter what anyone is wanting you can still get hooked up .
Old July 11th   #5
dragginbody87
dragginbody87
has no status.

Sweet. I'm thinking of something like this, approximately 2 inches long on upper arm. The tricky part is I want it black but still be able to see the letters overlap somehow...

Old July 11th   #6
EvilZ
EvilZ
is around.

This was actually something we were talking about the other day. Just out of curiousity say someone gets a tattoo at say age 20 what's it going to look like in 20 years? I'm guessing you have to touch it up? What about aging, isn't not going to look like crap? I'm just curious because i see a lot of people with tattoo's that just kinda make me think they're going to regret that in a few years. I totally can see the side of getting something in memory of someone but some tattoo's i see are just down right stupid.......

Personally tattoo's aren't my thing (as i guess you noticed), nothing against them, it's just not me. The only tattoo i ever plan to get is an iorn man tattoo assuming i actually finish the iorn man triathalon.
Old July 11th   #7
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragginbody87 View Post
Sweet. I'm thinking of something like this, approximately 2 inches long on upper arm. The tricky part is I want it black but still be able to see the letters overlap somehow...

If you mean make the yellow parts dark vs light, then I'd just invert the black around the edges and leave that skin colored. You should still be able to see the overlap, but it would be dark letters instead of light.
Old July 11th   #8
NiTeZ
NiTeZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragginbody87 View Post

I can do that. If you want my opinion I would black and gray it. Make the overlaps look like they are standing above the others. then shade it down. I'll work with it and if you can get text msgs, PM me your number and when I get it finished I'll text it to you so you can see what I'm talking about.
Old July 11th   #9
89fox
89fox
should be asleep

I have a portrait of my dad as a little boy that I want on my leg, what would an estimate be for it. I will post a pic up when I get home.
89fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th   #10
dragginbody87
dragginbody87
has no status.

Cool I sent you a message NiteZ
Old July 11th   #11
200sxsermatt
200sxsermatt
shift denied!

+1 for royals work... haven't got one personally but buddy of mine (corey) has got quite a few from them and just did another friends (chris) and it looks good! again just my opinion lol
200sxsermatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th   #12
NiTeZ
NiTeZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilZ View Post
This was actually something we were talking about the other day. Just out of curiousity say someone gets a tattoo at say age 20 what's it going to look like in 20 years? I'm guessing you have to touch it up? What about aging, isn't not going to look like crap? I'm just curious because i see a lot of people with tattoo's that just kinda make me think they're going to regret that in a few years.
You are right, most the time after years of your skin rejuvenating, the top layers of skin comes of. So as time passes the tattoo will start to fade. It also depends on how you take care of your skin, out in the sun a lot or not, ect. That is why I offer free touch ups for life (life being until I'm dead or CAN NOT do tattoos any more due to physical or mental problems when I get older lol). Only places on the body I do not offer free touch ups is on fingers, toes, palm of hands, head, inside of lips and private areas. Only cause most of them spots will require touch ups more then the rest, a lot more most the time.

Quote:
I totally can see the side of getting something in memory of someone but some tattoo's i see are just down right stupid.......
The point of an actually tattoo is the art that is involved. Some don't look at it this way, and just see it as destroying or defacing your temple that god gave you. Others see it as tacky or just not tasteful. If it's not for you then that is cool. Like a lot of my work on me is not finished so yeah it doesn't look all that good. We don't get that much time on our hands to work on each other, plus once you start this trade it's not the same any more. I still like getting tattoos don't get me wrong but I don't get work done no where near like I used to. Plus you get a lot of what we call "Scratchers" (people that have no clue what they are doing and should not be tattoo'n on people). I notice a lot more of this is happening now then ever, people buying equipment on Ebay and think it's just as easy as turning on the power supply and hooking up a machine. You have to have a lot of training to tattoo properly.

Quote:
Personally tattoo's aren't my thing (as i guess you noticed), nothing against them, it's just not me. The only tattoo i ever plan to get is an iorn man tattoo assuming i actually finish the iorn man triathalon.
I wish you the best of luck on that. That is a huge accomplishment! If you do it and want the tattoo come holler at me I will really hook you up on that .

Last edited by Samir; July 11th at 03:36 PM. Reason: fixed quote tag :)
Old July 11th   #13
NiTeZ
NiTeZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89fox View Post
I have a portrait of my dad as a little boy that I want on my leg, what would an estimate be for it. I will post a pic up when I get home.
Bobby said around 250 depending on how much work will be involved. Some portraits have a lot more detail then others but we will definately hook you up .
Old July 11th   #14
NiTeZ
NiTeZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by 200sxsermatt View Post
+1 for royals work... haven't got one personally but buddy of mine (corey) has got quite a few from them and just did another friends (chris) and it looks good! again just my opinion lol
thanks Matt . Yeah Corey needs to get his butt on here. I keep telling him to but you know him lol.
Old July 11th   #15
89fox
89fox
should be asleep

I am gonna come by friday night to see if he can sketch it up for me so I can see if it gonna look ok. My name is Will btw.
Old July 11th   #16
NiTeZ
NiTeZ

K cool. We are open Friday 1pm to 10pm. Depending on how busy we are it might be Saturday before he can finish it. I'm Ryan, I'm the tall, blonde, ugly guy and shop manager lol.
Old July 11th   #17
EvilZ
EvilZ
is around.

I never really thought about it like that, still not my thing but I guess I kinda see why some do it now. Thanks for the input.

and as crazy as it sounds I'm atleast 2 years out from doing the iron man.

Last edited by EvilZ; July 11th at 08:26 PM.
EvilZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th   #18
89fox
89fox
should be asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiTeZ View Post
K cool. We are open Friday 1pm to 10pm. Depending on how busy we are it might be Saturday before he can finish it. I'm Ryan, I'm the tall, blonde, ugly guy and shop manager lol.
Sounds good, I will see you friday.
Old July 11th   #19
NiTeZ
NiTeZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilZ View Post
I never really thought about it like that, still not my thing but I guess I kinda see why some do it now. Thanks for the input.
No problem. See you learn something every day . I'm part Cherokee Indian so I guess it's in my blood. Being part Ukrainian doesn't help much either lol. I love art and self expression so this is the best job for me.

Quote:
and as crazy as it sounds I'm atleast 2 years out from doing the iron man.
Nothing crazy about that. Just hope you been training hard and with a lot of heart if that is really something you want to do. I know it's called Iron Man for a reason lol.