Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > General Discussions

General Discussions When the thread doesn't fit anywhere else...

Old July 12th   #1
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

A Cruise-In in Huntsville

Ba King and I were talking about this over the weekend. There's large cruise-in events in Gadsden, Athens, and other places like Somerville, KY that are a great boon for the local economy as well as enthusiasts. We have local cruise-ins all over the area, but nothing here in Huntsville. Why? What can we do to change this?
Old July 12th   #2
1 BAD Z
1 BAD Z
got'em hatin'

First you have to have a venue that is 110% willing to host a cruise in. Then this venue has to appeal to all car enthusiasts. Discounts and deals are a must. Has to be centrally located with ample parking and plenty of entrances and exits. Then cars have to show up regularly. Dairy Queen in Madison WAS caller but think its fallen off. Appealing to all cars would help and also aid in bringing new and old cars together. Maybe. My two cents.

Common sense isn't a common virtue.

Link to the Nissan/Infiniti group page:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/154828527932506/
1 BAD Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th   #3
EvilZ
EvilZ
is around.

I've been trying to figure this out..........honestly I think life just gets in the way for a lot of people. A lot of the HSV Racing guys still get together the first wednesday of the month (although were doing it the second wednesday this month because we forgot). We've had pretty good turn outs but the last time i tried to join two groups that were meeting on the same night neither of them seemed interested.
Old July 12th   #4
1 BAD Z
1 BAD Z
got'em hatin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilZ View Post
I've been trying to figure this out..........honestly I think life just gets in the way for a lot of people. A lot of the HSV Racing guys still get together the first wednesday of the month (although were doing it the second wednesday this month because we forgot). We've had pretty good turn outs but the last time i tried to join two groups that were meeting on the same night neither of them seemed interested.
That's the truth truth

Old July 12th   #5
EvilZ
EvilZ
is around.

Even if we do merge the groups everyone is going to stand on different sides of the parking lot and talk to there own groups.........I mean I'm not trying to be that guy but it just seems to always work out like this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrxI_euTX4A

^perfect song. Bowling for Soup - High School Never Ends.
Old July 12th   #6
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Who's the other group?
Old July 12th   #7
1 BAD Z
1 BAD Z
got'em hatin'

I wasn't sure why hsvracing was being considered in this but I believe that's the other group.

Old July 12th   #8
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Even if we do merge the groups everyone is going to stand on different sides of the parking lot and talk to there own groups.........I mean I'm not trying to be that guy but it just seems to always work out like this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrxI_euTX4A

^perfect song. Bowling for Soup - High School Never Ends.
This exists everywhere at larger events. But it's just the different social fabrics that are part of the weave of the enthusiast community.

It's natural that we hang out with those we know. But then true enthusiasts walk around with their friends and make new friends. Eventually, everyone knows each other, even if everyone doesn't park next to each other.
Old July 12th   #9
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 BAD Z View Post
I wasn't sure why hsvracing was being considered in this but I believe that's the other group.
Oh, I think I get it now, two groups at their last meet. Yeah, that doesn't surprise me.

One of the reasons I left the development of hsvracing because the founders wanted division versus unity. Well, that's not what I wanted. I know there's more power in numbers, and that's what will elevate this enthusiast scene to new heights.
Old July 12th   #10
1 BAD Z
1 BAD Z
got'em hatin'

Why would you want to divide? That leads to conflict. We all have a common goal of a car scene. Yes some are go some are show some old some new.... who cares. Go out of town to the big meets and shows for a particular type car and just be everybody here. This is why car clubs are no more and. Be hard to break back in. Minus the make or model type clubs.

Old July 12th   #11
EvilZ
EvilZ
is around.

Actually the other group i was talking about was the rat rod guys and the hsv racing guys. I tried to tie the two groups but it wasn't a one sided deal. The few times i went to there little gather at jet pep they just kinda looked at me like a stupid prep kid with a vette (which i agree that exatly what i look like) but just chit chat with me and you'll see i'm pretty laid back. I agree there's a lot of people on hsv racing that act like hard a's but they rarely come out. The guys that actually do come out are pretty cool.
Old July 12th   #12
ray
ray

You have to target the leaders (official or unofficial) in each group or car club. Starting with the people who go to organized events and belong to organized and legitimate groups and clubs. After you get those people to start coming and convince the rest...they will follow.

That ends my Field of Dreams-esque speech.
Old July 12th   #13
Stephen Freeman
Stephen Freeman
has no status.

I went to an event outside of my normal comfort element. The Modified Honda guys met this weekend. I had 25 years on everyone there. Everyone was really nice to me and showed me the details of their rides. I even learned a trick from a 21 year old about installing a roll cage and getting the cut correct for the rear side panels. Dude had a nice trick of using a piece of PVC pipe temp placed on the down tube for an exact measurement. I find car nuts to be just that , car nuts.
Stephen Freeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th   #14
twisted metal
twisted metal
rust is a color.

every cruise in or car show i have ever been to local or out of town it has always been that way .stangs with stangs , vets with vets, rats with rats, car clubs all park together, what i am saying is that it does not matter whos there or parked with who .it takes everybody showing up at a cruise in to make it a work.and if things dont change athens wont be around much longer.the last cruise did not even fill up the inside square.(my 5 cents worth)
twisted metal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th   #15
EvilZ
EvilZ
is around.

All i'm saying is that old southern family market would make for an awesome monthly meet..........just throwing that out there......
Old July 12th   #16
twisted metal
twisted metal
rust is a color.

i agree , lets figure out how to make it happen.
twisted metal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th   #17
EvilZ
EvilZ
is around.

I mean in my eyes it's pretty simple..........simple have Samir (since he has everyone's email) send a email saying he lets start the "old dq" meets again next month at a set location. It may take some time but it'll happen.
Old July 12th   #18
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 BAD Z View Post
Why would you want to divide? That leads to conflict.
The exact terms were an 'elite group'. Eliteism always leads to division and resentment, especially when we're all doing the same thing, in our own way.
Old July 12th   #19
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Actually the other group i was talking about was the rat rod guys and the hsv racing guys. I tried to tie the two groups but it wasn't a one sided deal. The few times i went to there little gather at jet pep they just kinda looked at me like a stupid prep kid with a vette (which i agree that exatly what i look like) but just chit chat with me and you'll see i'm pretty laid back. I agree there's a lot of people on hsv racing that act like hard a's but they rarely come out. The guys that actually do come out are pretty cool.
I was there that night, and you should've stuck around longer. We could've made something happen--and we still can.

I think you were sensing more of a negative image then there actually was. A young came came up in a c4 zr1 and he blended right in. I don't think you'd have a problem at all meshing with the ratrod guys. In fact, I think you'd love it.
Old July 12th   #20
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayman View Post
You have to target the leaders (official or unofficial) in each group or car club. Starting with the people who go to organized events and belong to organized and legitimate groups and clubs. After you get those people to start coming and convince the rest...they will follow.

That ends my Field of Dreams-esque speech.
You're absolutely right. One of the main reasons for the summit meetings every quarter that attempts to bring all these people into one room for networking.