Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > General Discussions

General Discussions When the thread doesn't fit anywhere else...

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old August 3rd   #1
Bterry97gt
Bterry97gt
has no status.
 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 19
Send a message via AIM to Bterry97gt
Thumbs up Need help searching for 6.0 lq9/lq4 or salvage Escalade

So ive been on the look out for a lq9 or lq4 to swap into my truck. I would like to buy a whole wrecked escalade or something similar because everything is there for the swap and and i could use some of the interior peices etc. I was browsing around and found this website and was curious if just anyone could go and buy these vehicles or if you had to have dealer licence or what not. Also if anybody has info or a good place to look let me know. It seems as everywhere i find they dont want to sell you the engine and transmission with accessory drive as a whole, they want to sell you only the bare engine.

http://www.salvage-cars-for-sale.inf...de/in-alabama/

And if your interested this is what it will go into eventually.
Bterry97gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd   #2
Samir
Samir
hopes that he doesn't die from stress before the endof 2014...
Administrator
 

Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 22,829
I remember this company that I met at SEMA that would but salvage cars and resale them wholesale, but their wholesale buyers had retail divisions as well. I can't think of the company name right now, but if you want me to, I'll see if I can't figure out who it was. They would be a great resource.

Also, I'd see if anyone buys from LKQ. They should have something in stock for sure as they stock whole front/rear clips.
__________________
Don't hate...appreciate
Samir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd   #3
200sxsermatt
200sxsermatt
shift denied!
 

Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 237
There is a company in ardmore,tn that we used to do business with at oreillys buying used motors from them... I remember them having whole clips truck cabs chassis ect...I think its called barbers...I also saw where they were used on an episode of trucks! For a diesel truck front clip...
__________________
2006 Chevrolet Impala LT
2006 Scion Tc
1997 Jeep Cherokee Sport
1984 Subaru Brat
1969 Dodge 3/4 ton
200sxsermatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th   #4
Quincy
Quincy
needs to get back in the gym
 

Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 188
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bterry97gt View Post
So ive been on the look out for a lq9 or lq4 to swap into my truck. I would like to buy a whole wrecked escalade or something similar because everything is there for the swap and and i could use some of the interior peices etc. I was browsing around and found this website and was curious if just anyone could go and buy these vehicles or if you had to have dealer licence or what not. Also if anybody has info or a good place to look let me know. It seems as everywhere i find they dont want to sell you the engine and transmission with accessory drive as a whole, they want to sell you only the bare engine.

http://www.salvage-cars-for-sale.inf...de/in-alabama/

And if your interested this is what it will go into eventually.
I think the place you wanna look is Copart. They sell salvaged vehicles al over the country and they have an auction place here in Huntsville. My uncle and cousin buy cars from there, fix up the body work, and resell them. You will need to go with a dealer to purchase the vehicle, or have a license of your own.
Quincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th   #5
duh09
duh09
needs parts for all of my cars!
 

Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 303
There's a Sierra with a LQ9 swap and T56 in it on Craigslist for $4800, running, driving, etc. Might be more than you're looking to spend but you could swap the good stuff in your truck and the old into the Sierra and resale it or whatever and make some money back. Can't remember if its on Nashville or Huntsville or maybe even Atlanta but might be worth a look.
duh09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th   #6
cLc
cLc
is fighting the man~!
Huntsville Car Scene Site Sponsor
 
cLc's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 300
Send a message via AIM to cLc
I say you just put a 2J in it! =>
cLc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th   #7
Bterry97gt
Bterry97gt
has no status.
 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 19
Send a message via AIM to Bterry97gt
Thanks for the replies, i found that GMC sierra in Nashville duh09 said something about. I think that price is a typo, i believe its missing a 1 in front of the 4500 haha if not i have emailed about it and will be on my way to get it this weekend if its not sold!!
Bterry97gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th   #8
EvilZ
EvilZ
something something something status blah status something
 

Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 2,719
What motor is is in it now? whats your power goals?

The reason i say this is the 5.3's are beast with a nice turbo set up. Hot Rod magazine recently did a build with a stock bottom end (a side from regapping the piston rings) 4.8 (yes the 294 cid) with ported heads, a twin turbo set up with supporting fuel and igniton mods and make over 1000 hp. I'm sure your thinking o wow prolly just for 1 run, try 60+ plus runs..........they finally had an igntion issue and decided to tear it down and it was still just fine.
__________________
I have a tendency to be "that guy".
EvilZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th   #9
Bterry97gt
Bterry97gt
has no status.
 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 19
Send a message via AIM to Bterry97gt
It has a 5.3 now, i dont really have a 'goal' for power i just want to do the 6.0 with a light cam, bolt-ons, tune, and maybe a street friendly stall. Something i can drive to work and take to the track and have a good time with.

Another reason is after i did the swap i would have the 5.3 and trans for a future project haha
Bterry97gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th   #10
JoshB
JoshB
is looking for 2nd Gen Camaro parts....
Huntsville Car Scene Site Sponsor
 
JoshB's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 364
copart.com Find what you want. Then contact some used car dealers and see if they will work with you on buying it.
__________________
Josh Brazier

Y.E.S. Automotive
256-270-9YES (9937)
2505 Washington St.
Huntsville, AL 35811

http://www.facebook.com/yesautomotive
JoshB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th   #11
Hsville
Hsville
has no status.
 

Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 3
Salvage Escalade

this truck sold in June

http://www.autobidmaster.com/carfind...HUNTSVILLE_AL/

the site above shows copart sales around the country

I can get you a contact that will bid on a car for a small fee, he buys from the regional Copart and IAAI auctions.
Hsville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th   #12
Bterry97gt
Bterry97gt
has no status.
 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 19
Send a message via AIM to Bterry97gt
I have actually been on the phone and talking to a few different people and have found someone with a dealer licence thats is willing to bid on a car from the auctions for me for a small fee. He has gave me his login for the auction sites so i can browse through the vehicles that are going up for sale soon. All i have to do now is find one that is beat up enough that it keeps the cost down. Ive noticed while looking through the cars that they have some salvage titles and some parts only titles, maybe i can find a parts only because from what i hear they go for much less $. Thanks for the leads guys, keep em coming.
Bterry97gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th   #13
Samir
Samir
hopes that he doesn't die from stress before the endof 2014...
Administrator
 

Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 22,829
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilZ View Post
What motor is is in it now? whats your power goals?

The reason i say this is the 5.3's are beast with a nice turbo set up. Hot Rod magazine recently did a build with a stock bottom end (a side from regapping the piston rings) 4.8 (yes the 294 cid) with ported heads, a twin turbo set up with supporting fuel and igniton mods and make over 1000 hp. I'm sure your thinking o wow prolly just for 1 run, try 60+ plus runs..........they finally had an igntion issue and decided to tear it down and it was still just fine.
Monster power. I had no idea they were that capable.

I referred my contact for the previous construction management company for the Bridge Street Condos to Hinson/Lane, and they built a turbo for his Yukon that was about 500hp. He had a lot of fun with that truck...that is, until he got indicted for fraud.
http://www.fbi.gov/birmingham/press-...9/bh082609.htm
http://www.fbi.gov/birmingham/press-...0/bh011310.htm

The funny thing is, he wasn't the kingpin the FBI portrayed him to be--he was a scapegoat, poor guy. He had bosses that knew what was going on.
__________________
Don't hate...appreciate
Samir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th   #14
Hsville
Hsville
has no status.
 

Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 3
Buying Salvage Cars

I've bought quite a few through the years and I would advise you to either inspect the cars personally or pay for an independent inspection. The auction houses frequently miss-categorize, understate, or misrepresent the damage to the vehicles.
Hsville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th   #15
Samir
Samir
hopes that he doesn't die from stress before the endof 2014...
Administrator
 

Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 22,829
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hsville View Post
I've bought quite a few through the years and I would advise you to either inspect the cars personally or pay for an independent inspection. The auction houses frequently miss-categorize, understate, or misrepresent the damage to the vehicles.
Good to know. I had no idea it was that bad.
__________________
Don't hate...appreciate
Samir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th   #16
Hsville
Hsville
has no status.
 

Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 3
Parts Only Branded Cars

The irreparable scrap designation is more frequently given in TN and FL so you might want to watch those states for those vehicles. Really anything hit too hard to repair will be a parts car and the price will be low compared to a rebuildable car. The cheapest car will be one where everything is damaged but the parts you need.
Hsville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th   #17
Samir
Samir
hopes that he doesn't die from stress before the endof 2014...
Administrator
 

Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 22,829
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hsville View Post
The cheapest car will be one where everything is damaged but the parts you need.
lol, sounds about right.
__________________
Don't hate...appreciate
Samir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th   #18
Bterry97gt
Bterry97gt
has no status.
 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 19
Send a message via AIM to Bterry97gt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hsville View Post
The irreparable scrap designation is more frequently given in TN and FL so you might want to watch those states for those vehicles. Really anything hit too hard to repair will be a parts car and the price will be low compared to a rebuildable car. The cheapest car will be one where everything is damaged but the parts you need.
Thats what im on the look out for! haha
Bterry97gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:55 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2001 - 2012, Huntsville Car Scene
Terms of Service