Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage

Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage Find, discuss, and see event coverage from the past, present, and future

Vets with Vettes Club Group Photo and Lunch Cruise
Calendar: Events Calendar
Samir
Administrator

August 20th 08:00 AM to 02:00 PM
*The times shown may change, depending on DST settings
Where: Signature Aviation, Huntsville, AL

From the web site:

"Meet at Signature Aviation (HSV Airport) for a new photo shoot. Following the photo shoot, we'll cruise to Old GreenBriar Bar-b-que for lunch! We hope to have lots of cars and staging will begin as soon as we know how many are available. Come support the club by having your Corvette in the photo."

Click here to see the gallery. Buy photo prints and gifts!
All proceeds help pay Huntsville Car Scene bills.

When I arrived at the photo shoot, they were almost wrapped up with the lift high in the sky and everyone waving for the camera. So I climbed onto the lift and was raised high into the sky. I'm afraid of heights--well, more specifically, my body is afraid of heights. I will go numb from the waist down if I'm up in the air too long.

I only looked at the cars and was probably holding my breath a lot as I tried not to make any sudden movements. I took pictures on a few cameras including my friend Willie's Fuji S5 Pro. Unfortunately, I forgot to set the ISO setting back to normal from the previous night, so the shots have more grain in them than they would have otherwise. But the camera is so terrific, I couldn't even tell until I examined the cameras settings later.

I tried to get some various angles as well as some zoomed in shots that could be stitched into a panoramic shot. I'm going to see if my brother can help me create these and I'll add them to the gallery.

What surprised me the most was how quickly Willie's Rossion was covered in interest. I think I was there for 2 minutes and looked over and I couldn't see the car anymore.

I shot some video of the almost 40 cars on their way out, as well as some individual pictures of the group that went on the lunch cruise. I told them about the Cars and Coffee event, and the plan was to swing by and make a donation. But from what I was told, they must have missed the entrance and just drove by. Next month guys! Cars and Coffee for Autism Research on September 10th. Be there!
1 members will be attending this event:

Old August 25th   #2
dragginbody87
dragginbody87
has no status.
Official Huntsville Car Scene Grammar Police

This is the body style Corvette needs next. Retro upgrade.

dragginbody87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th   #3
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

With 6 generations of Corvette heritage to pull from, it's going to be interesting to see what elements would be part of that. They hit the nail on the head with the Camaro. Those are the designers I'd put on this project as well.
Old August 26th   #4
EvilZ
EvilZ
is around.

Random though.........it would have been totally awesome to have madison corvette cop car as the lead car in the pic.

Cool pics. No c6z's though? i saw a few grandsports but that was it.
Old August 26th   #5
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragginbody87 View Post
This is the body style Corvette needs next. Retro upgrade.

Ahh yes, I didn't see this pic earlier. I think a Jag e-type styled retro upgrade would be really cool on this, but I'm afraid it would look too much like the jag.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilZ View Post
Random though.........it would have been totally awesome to have madison corvette cop car as the lead car in the pic.

Cool pics. No c6z's though? i saw a few grandsports but that was it.
That's a really good idea. I'm sure they just couldn't bring it out. The entire club was invited, but that was only about 40 cars or so.

I don't think there's but a handful of c6 z06's in the club. There's a lot more grandsports.
Old August 26th   #6
Wilson!
Wilson!
is wishing he was in a kayak on the river...

we need to join this and bring the average member age down a couple years Cody lol.
on a serious note, i'm highly considering joining.
Old August 26th   #7
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

It's not a matter of the age, but the club culture. We have 5 Corvette clubs in the area. The cars are the same--it's the people that make the clubs different.