Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage

Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage Find, discuss, and see event coverage from the past, present, and future

Cars and Coffee for Autism Research
Calendar: Events Calendar
Samir
Administrator

August 20th 07:00 AM to 09:30 AM
*The times shown may change, depending on DST settings
Where: 100 Jetplex Blvd. SW, Huntsville, AL 35824

From an email:

"We're planning to host a cars & coffee style meet and greet on August 20, from 7:00am until 9:30am (time to come out, have some coffee and chat, and still make it to any other car events that day). I know you're a good source for local club contacts so I'm requesting your help in getting the word out.

There are no registrations or fees, just a gathering of car fans to show off what you have and talk cars.

The location is 100 Jetplex Blvd. SW, Huntsville, AL 35824. GPS maps are wrong for the Jetplex Industrial Park, so those who do not know the area should use this
google maps link:

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=100+Je...8&vpsrc=6&z=16

My cell number is 256-656-0365 in case anyone needs some help finding the place.

The Autism Resource Foundation will be providing coffee, etc, for a small fee or donation. For those clubs who might receive a forward of this email from Ben, the Autism Resource Foundation has received EuroBrit proceeds support from NABMS the past three years and is most appreciative.

There are about 125 parking places available and the access road behind the building belongs to the owner. In case anyone would like to trailer a car or project, just drop the car in a space and there's room to park the trailer out back.

So bring your car, maybe a folding chair, but don't stop at McDonalds for your coffee. Please support the Autism Resource Foundation."

Click here to see the gallery. Buy photo prints and gifts!
All proceeds help pay Huntsville Car Scene bills.

The first ever Cars and Coffee event in Huntsville had a great turnout with cars from every facet of the scene, including the exotics typically associated with this type of event. Everything from right-hand drive Minis that have been in the Guiness Book of World Records, to new Fiat 500s, an Audi TTRS, a Ferrari 355 Spider, a Mercedes, a Porsche, a Rossion, lots of vintage Fiats and British marques, and even a Chevy v8 swapped TR7! Oh, and let's not forget the Japanese makes with the s2000s and even a Datsun.

I was given a tour of the Autism Research Foundation and was able to see how large this operation is, and how they help the local community. I'm proud that this event supports such a great cause, and want to thank Ernie for taking the time to show me around.

It was good to see everyone bright and early in the morning, and I look forward to the next event on September 10th. I hope to see even more people there!
3 members will be attending this event:

Old August 16th   #2
EvilZ
EvilZ
is around.

I'm going to do my best to swing by this since I've wanted to see something like this in huntsville for a long time. I just hope I'm not to exhausted by the end of this week to get up Saturday morning.
Old August 16th   #3
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

I'm glad you're able to make it. This could be the start of something regular like we've talked about.
Old August 16th   #4
HOSS429
HOSS429
not getting old .getting better

i have no idea where that is and iv`e looked at the map ....
HOSS429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th   #5
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSS429 View Post
i have no idea where that is and iv`e looked at the map ....
It's off the Wall Triana exit off 565 going towards the port authority (Triana). It's near the intersection of James Record Road and Wall Triana. Let me know if you need any more help.
Old August 16th   #6
HOSS429
HOSS429
not getting old .getting better

wall triana becomes boeing bvld does`nt it .. i play softball at the boeing complex ..
HOSS429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th   #7
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSS429 View Post
wall triana becomes boeing bvld does`nt it .. i play softball at the boeing complex ..
Yep sure does. You pass this on your left right after that curve and the light at James Record Road.
Old August 21st   #8
Ernie Tipton
Ernie Tipton
has no status.

2nd Cars and Coffee event scheduled

Samir,

Thanks much to you and Ben Pender (Klassic Autos) for helping to get the word out to the local clubs and car fans.

The turnout for our first cars and coffee style event was fantastic. What a great assortment of cars, and, what great support for the charity!

We received many favorable comments suggesting we should do this again soon. The Autism Resource Foundation would like to host Cars and Coffee again on September 10th, same time, same place.

I'm new here, so please feel free to edit the original message to help pass the word around, or let me know if I should send you a new meeting notice.

Ernie
Ernie Tipton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st   #9
Stephen Freeman
Stephen Freeman
has no status.

Nice event for a fantastic cause. I hope some money was raised. I know I over paid. Just kidding. Great cause. I only wish I would have brought my English car. Next time.
Stephen Freeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd   #10
Ernie Tipton
Ernie Tipton
has no status.

Overpaid -- good for you !!

Stephen,

The ladies from the Autism Resource Foundation told me some stories about the generosity. Maybe you were the guy I heard about who gave $5 just for a partial refill, even though she said no need because you already donated inside.

Thanks again for coming out to our first event. I hope you can make it to the next one.

Ernie
Old August 22nd   #11
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernie Tipton View Post
Samir,

Thanks much to you and Ben Pender (Klassic Autos) for helping to get the word out to the local clubs and car fans.

The turnout for our first cars and coffee style event was fantastic. What a great assortment of cars, and, what great support for the charity!

We received many favorable comments suggesting we should do this again soon. The Autism Resource Foundation would like to host Cars and Coffee again on September 10th, same time, same place.

I'm new here, so please feel free to edit the original message to help pass the word around, or let me know if I should send you a new meeting notice.

Ernie
You're very welcome Ernie. Thank you for the tour of the facility. This was a great first-time event, and I look forward to the second one. I've listed the September 10th event on the Huntsville Car Scene calendar here:
http://www.huntsvillecarscene.com/ca...=2011-9-10&c=1

Please let me know if there's anything you'd like to add or change on the listing. And I hope to have the event coverage for the event soon.
Old August 25th   #12
AJ Ferrari
AJ Ferrari
has no status.

Were all the cars local? I like the 355 Spider and have not seen it before around these parts. The TTRS is also amazing!
AJ Ferrari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th   #13
Ernie Tipton
Ernie Tipton
has no status.

AJ,

As far as I know, the cars are local with the exception of the Rossion (sp?) a friend of Samir drove.

The 355 is my neighbor's car. He also has a pristine NSX. Maybe he'll bring that one to the next event.

It was incredible luck to see such a diverse assortment of cars at our first Cars and Coffee event. I hope we can see an even better turnout as the word gets around.

Any car of any type or condition is welcome. We just hope the attendees will do their best to support the good work the Autism Resource Foundation does.

Ernie
Old August 26th   #14
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

I've gotten word out to the Vets with Vettes and the Heart of Dixie Porsche Club. The Vets with Vettes didn't know about it until I was at their photo shoot and told them about it. They were quite enthusiastic since we had talked about somehow starting a Cars and Coffee in the past.

The Porsche club has a Pit Stop breakfast the first of each month. I think it would be a good idea to invite them personally by going to their next breakfast:
http://www.huntsvillecarscene.com/ca...y=2011-9-3&c=1
Old August 26th   #15
EvilZ
EvilZ
is around.

I love some 355's.............that was my dream car in high school. The awesome fact is they prices on the cars are starting to be very realistic........aside from the 6-8k a year in maintaince if you actually drove the car even sparingly. At some point it would be awesome to actually own a ferrari. Maybe one day. Dream big or why even bother dreaming.
Old August 26th   #16
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilZ View Post
The awesome fact is they prices on the cars are starting to be very realistic........aside from the 6-8k a year in maintaince if you actually drove the car even sparingly.
Yep they really are. My friend Clint used to work on them everyday when he was a Ferrari tech at Foreign Cars Italia in Greensboro. His dream is to one day own one and be able to do all his own maintenance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilZ View Post
Dream big or why even bother dreaming.
Exactly. It's what has gotten me and my family where we are in life. Just remember--a dream with a plan is a goal. Clint heard an Aston Martin owner say that to someone one day at work. One of the best pieces of advice ever from someone who's made it.
Old August 26th   #17
Jumpman
Jumpman
put the hard top on for the winter.

How did I miss this? Well, maybe I can make a future event.
Jumpman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th   #18
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumpman View Post
How did I miss this? Well, maybe I can make a future event.
I hate that you did. There were two other s2ks there.

The next one is September 10th. Info on the calendar.